Kodak Camera Connection software problem.

Old December 8th 05, 02:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Kodak Camera Connection software problem.

Hopefully someone here may have some ideas. I've tried everything I can
think of without any luck. Here's the problem:

I have a Kodak DX6490 and Camera Dock 6000. Normally I'd press the
transfer button on the dock and a drive icon would appear in Explorer
which I could open and then transfer files from the camera to the
computer.

I bought a Kodak P850 (great camera) and installed the updated version
of the CCS and EasyShare to try out the RAW editor. After installing the
updated software when I pressed the transfer button the drive icon would
show up but I'm not able to open the drive.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software, but still wasn't
able to open the drive for the camera so I uninstalled again and tried
to reinstall the older version of the software that came with the
DX6490. Still no luck. Next I uninstalled again then in Explorer I
deleted the Kodak folder and using RegEdit removed all referenced to
Kodak from the registry. Tried reinstalled the CCS from the DX6490 and
still can't open the drive.

Like I said the drive shows in Explorer, but I can't open it. I've tried
two of the tips on the Kodak Support page titled "Cannot Upload Files to
Camera on WINDOWS XP" and "Drive Letter Shows But Cannot Access the
Drive" and still no luck.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Old December 8th 05, 02:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Anyone have any other ideas?

I had this problem with Kodak not so easyshare software before.

1. Unplug the dock.
2. Uninstall and then re-install in safe mode.
3. Install the software before plugging the dock in.
Old December 8th 05, 08:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

KennyJr wrote:
[...]

The Kodak site has a program that completely uninstalls the software.
Get and run that, and then try again. If that fails, just use a card
reader. I have a Kodak dock hooked up, but only use the dock for
recharging as I don't like the Kodak picture transfer software.
Old December 8th 05, 11:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

"Ron Hunter" wrote in message
The Kodak site has a program that completely uninstalls the software.
Get and run that, and then try again. If that fails, just use a card
reader. I have a Kodak dock hooked up, but only use the dock for
recharging as I don't like the Kodak picture transfer software.

Agreed I have a Kodak camera and never use the transfer software either.
I bought a USB card reader for next to nothing and just extract the card
from the camera and insert in the reader. If your computer has an inbuilt
card reader so much the better.
Quick, easy, safe.

Gerrit

Old December 8th 05, 08:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Gerrit 't Hart wrote:
"Ron Hunter" wrote in message
The Kodak site has a program that completely uninstalls the software.
Get and run that, and then try again. If that fails, just use a card
reader. I have a Kodak dock hooked up, but only use the dock for
recharging as I don't like the Kodak picture transfer software.

Agreed I have a Kodak camera and never use the transfer software either.
I bought a USB card reader for next to nothing and just extract the card
from the camera and insert in the reader. If your computer has an inbuilt
card reader so much the better.
Quick, easy, safe.

Gerrit

My wife has a computer with internal card reader, but I use the one in
my printer, which can look like a disk drive, or can transfer the files
to the HP software (which sucks), or print a thumbnail sheet, or sheets,
and allow printing based on checkmarks made of the printout, and
scanned. Fantastic!
Old December 11th 05, 04:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

I ran the Kodak Clear program and then reinstalled the Camera Connection
software. Still no luck. Guess I'll just use the dock for charging and
use the card reader to transfer pictures.

Safe Mode will correct your problem.
Old December 11th 05, 05:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Read these

http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-7593-0....ssageID=450001