Bell & Howell 154mm Lens

Old February 21st 04, 06:10 PM
Terry

Default Bell & Howell 154mm Lens

I have an old (believe 1940's) Bell & Howell Type I - 6 inch - f/2.5
E.F.L. 154mm lens. Anyone know what it is or was used for? Thanks, Terry

Old February 21st 04, 09:28 PM
Francis Roy

If the diaphragm is adjustable it is for taking movies, 16mm.
It would give an image 6 times the normal lens.

If the diaphragm is not adjustable it is a projection lens for 16mm movies.

Francis in VT

Old February 22nd 04, 11:52 PM
Dan Fromm

"Terry" wrote in message ...
I have an old (believe 1940's) Bell & Howell Type I - 6 inch - f/2.5
E.F.L. 154mm lens. Anyone know what it is or was used for? Thanks, Terry

It is probably a 6" fixed-aperture version of the 7"/2.5 Aero Ektar.
B&H made them, and I've seen one other on eBay last year. There was
recently a 6"/2.5 fixed-aperture Aero Ektar on eBay, too.

Cheers,

Dan
Old February 28th 04, 09:18 PM
Richard Knoppow

Terry wrote:

I have an old (believe 1940's) Bell & Howell Type I - 6

inch - f/2.5
E.F.L. 154mm lens. Anyone know what it is or was used

for? Thanks, Terry

If its fixed aperture it could also be from a 35mm slide
projector, B&H made them for a while. The barrel will be
considerably larger than a 16mm projection lens. 16mm
projection lenses also frequently have threads around the
barrel for focusing.
B&H didn't build lenses so it will have been made for
them by someone like Ilex.

--
---
Richard Knoppow