Feeling old..

Old September 14th 04, 04:04 PM
Alan Browne

Böwsér wrote:

Cuban, and I'll pour us a shot of Glenmorangie (18 years old, of course).

Time for some Bowmore and don't ruin it with a cigar ... it's
smokey enough on its own.

Old September 14th 04, 08:12 PM
Peter Chant

Roger writes:
Oh yeah, 100 years ago in 1904, Wyoming had been a state for 14 years;
Idaho, the 43rd state to be admitted into the "union" preceded it by a
few months.

I missed the celebration.

An intersting time you had.

--

http://www.petezilla.co.uk

Old September 14th 04, 11:34 PM
Bandicoot

"Roger" wrote in message
[Good story snipped]
The 80 miles was nothing in that part of the country. We used to drive
50 miles to Pocatello, ID with friends to have lunch together after
church on Sundays.

As a child I lived in Canada for a year. I remember we'd go the 90 miles to
Toronto for the theatre or ballet in the evening, have dinner (at the Jade
Garden) and come back, then I went to school the next day. Coming back to
England, suddenly 90 miles did seem a long way again.

In most of North America things don't change that much in that distance. In
much of Europe, and in the UK more than anywhere, the geology is so complex
that in that distance the scenery, local architecture (determined originally
by the locally available building materials) and the type of
agrticulture/industry are probably completely different. Also you'll have
travelled through about ten small towns...

Peter
(who lives ten miles from anywhere.)

Old September 14th 04, 11:35 PM
Bandicoot

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
.. .
Böwsér wrote:

Cuban, and I'll pour us a shot of Glenmorangie (18 years old, of

course).

Time for some Bowmore and don't ruin it with a cigar ... it's
smokey enough on its own.

Ha, call that smokey? He says, getting some Ardberg out of the larder...

Peter

Old September 15th 04, 12:39 AM
Böwsér

Böwsér wrote:

Cuban, and I'll pour us a shot of Glenmorangie (18 years old, of course).

Time for some Bowmore and don't ruin it with a cigar ... it's smokey
enough on its own.

Bowmore? Haven't tried it. Yet. The Glenmorange is simply excellent! Smooth,
woody, just the right amout of bite. Hey! I sound like one of those snobby
booze hounds!