Tilt-shift in action

Old January 29th 07, 07:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Cynicor

Default Tilt-shift in action

Alfred Molon wrote:
In article , Cynicor
says...

Here's an example of something I tried with the tilt last week. I wanted
to take a picture of my daughter's birthday cake from an angle, but I
wanted the focus plane to be parallel to the top of the cake, not to the
sensor. Tilting the lens brought the cake into focus on top, and tossed
the bottom and counter out of focus instead of the back of the cake.

http://trupin.smugmug.com/photos/126186787-M.jpg

Cool shot!

The cake was sooo good too. It was from the Cupcake Cafe in NYC.
(http://www.cupcakecafe.com/)
Old January 30th 07, 11:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bandicoot

"Paul Rubin" wrote in message
Joe Petolino writes:
An interesting alternative to buying a TS lens is to take multiple
shots and use a software stitcher to combine them.

I think they ought to make DSLR's where you can tilt the sensor,
like a rear swing in a view camera. That turns all lenses into tilt
lenses automagically. In fact with APS-C sized sensors and
35mm FF lenses they could even allow some shifting.

Funny coincidence, before I saw this thread, while eating my lunch today I
was thinking just the same thing.

Peter

Old January 30th 07, 11:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bandicoot

"Cynicor" wrote in message
[SNIP]

The Hartblei is a cool lens because the tilt and shift are
independent, and the whole lens body can rotate. You can tilt in
any direction, and shift in any direction. I also have no filters for it,
because it's an 82mm diameter.

Lee makes an 82mm adapter ring for their system, and that's what I use on my
Hartblei T&S lens. Incidentally, the lens hood from a Pentax 6x7 45mm is a
good natch for it too.

Peter