Can't find meeting room caeera, online search

Old March 3rd 20, 08:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
micky[_3_]

Default Can't find meeting room caeera, online search

In rec.photo.digital, on Tue, 3 Mar 2020 05:06:06 -0800 (PST),
Whisky-dave wrote:

On Tuesday, 3 March 2020 08:55:24 UTC, micky wrote:
I'm looking for a camera that can be mounted up on the far wall of a
conference room which will video the speakers on the dais. Two rooms,
one pretty big, one quite big.

It will be wired, for power and signal (which is recorded on a computer
in another location, at the other end of the wires) and won't have to be
touched once it's mounted. It should have remote zoom.

But when I search, all I find are hand-held video-cams, outdoor security
cameras, little camers to mount on my laptop's lid, or cameras for
conference calls (that point at the talker from 3 feet away).

I've tried excluding security and outdoors, but that didn't work.

What do you call what I'm looking for? So I can find it online.

I work in a university teaching lab and we have a couple of cameras
that are set up for recording lectures, I think we spent quite a few
thousands on them and other hardware needed.
Here's a link to the company that supplied the cameras, plenty of choice.

https://www.comms-express.com/catego...is-ip-cameras/

They do have a lot of stuff. Still checking it out.

Seems you can use the same cameras for security.

if you have deep pockets, I assume remote zoom is possible, but it depends on quality as I have a £50 webcam on my cat that can zoom remotely.

Tell me more about the webcam on your cat. It's so light a house cat can
wear it?

Thanks and thanks, Ken.

The previous question is far more important, but for that matter, who do
I call to install this? How will be be listed online? There are mediocre
old ones there now, so the wiring is in place, and maybe anyone could do
it, but I'd like someone with experience in indoor cameras. I can'tFrom: Muggles
think of what he is called either.

TIA