Outside the cage

Old September 22nd 10, 09:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
mmyvusenet[_2_]

Default Outside the cage

Hello:

I took the opportunity to take this picture when the parrot out of cage:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5015643700/

Thanks for your comments.

--
MMYV
http://www.mmyv.com

Old September 22nd 10, 10:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ofnuts

On 22/09/2010 22:16, mmyvusenet wrote:
Hello:

I took the opportunity to take this picture when the parrot out of cage:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5015643700/

Thanks for your comments.

Bird is nice (only lacks a bit of color saturation, IMHO given the subject)

Background is unaesthetic.

--
Bertrand
Old September 22nd 10, 10:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
mmyvusenet[_2_]

"Ofnuts" escribió en el mensaje de
On 22/09/2010 22:16, mmyvusenet wrote:
Hello:

I took the opportunity to take this picture when the parrot out of cage:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5015643700/

Thanks for your comments.

Bird is nice (only lacks a bit of color saturation, IMHO given the
subject)

Background is unaesthetic.

--
Bertrand

Hello Bertrand, thank you for your comment, very interesting. The parrot
just wanted to go on that side, I think a solution will have to be the
painting that wall.

--
MMYV
http://www.mmyv.com

Old September 22nd 10, 10:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ofnuts

On 22/09/2010 23:34, mmyvusenet wrote:
escribió en el mensaje de
On 22/09/2010 22:16, mmyvusenet wrote:
Hello:

I took the opportunity to take this picture when the parrot out of cage:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5015643700/

Thanks for your comments.

Bird is nice (only lacks a bit of color saturation, IMHO given the
subject)

Background is unaesthetic.

--
Bertrand

Hello Bertrand, thank you for your comment, very interesting. The parrot
just wanted to go on that side, I think a solution will have to be the
painting that wall.

--

A piece of clean carboard/paper could also have done the trick. Or use
all known tricks to reduce the depth of field so that the wall is
Old September 22nd 10, 10:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
MC[_3_]

mmyvusenet wrote:

"Ofnuts" escribió en el mensaje de
On 22/09/2010 22:16, mmyvusenet wrote:
Hello:

I took the opportunity to take this picture when the parrot out
of cage:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5015643700/

Thanks for your comments.

Bird is nice (only lacks a bit of color saturation, IMHO given the
subject)

Background is unaesthetic.

-- Bertrand

Hello Bertrand, thank you for your comment, very interesting. The
parrot just wanted to go on that side, I think a solution will have
to be the painting that wall.

Or learn how to take better pictures. That means not only learning the
technical aspects of photography but the composition of a picture. You
must also learn when it is not worth taking a picture at all. Anyone
can point a camera, press a button and produce an image of some kind
but very take a photograph worth taking in the first place.

MC
Old September 22nd 10, 11:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
irwell

On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 15:16:54 -0500, mmyvusenet wrote:

Hello:

I took the opportunity to take this picture when the parrot out of cage:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5015643700/

Thanks for your comments.

I Like the parrot, the background is distracting,
some cropping maybe help.
Old September 23rd 10, 01:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tony Cooper

On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 23:02:07 +0200, Ofnuts
wrote:

On 22/09/2010 22:16, mmyvusenet wrote:
Hello:

I took the opportunity to take this picture when the parrot out of cage:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5015643700/

Thanks for your comments.

Bird is nice (only lacks a bit of color saturation, IMHO given the subject)

Background is unaesthetic.

Our milage varies. I like that wall. If I was around that wall I'd
photograph it for the texture and use it when I wanted to drop one
background and add in something with more character.

What I don't like is that white mass of whatever in front of the
parrot's feet. I would have moved that and shot from much lower than
the parrot to eliminate the cage from the composition.

Give the man credit, though. The focus is right and the feather
detail is good. Maybe the eye doesn't show up right, but I don't know
what this bird's eye is really like.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old September 23rd 10, 03:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Frank ess

wrote:

[...]

I think the "white mass" looks like a section of a corncob with maize
kernels. /Elote/ perhaps. Hominy.

It's a known fact that birds suck up all the focus in their
neighborhood with their amazing eyes. Sometimes you can't get enough
focus back to represent the sucking bird effectively. It was always
thus.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4128/...8ce8b4bd_b.jpg

--
Frank ess

Old September 23rd 10, 04:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Allen[_3_]

wrote:

On 22/09/2010 22:16, mmyvusenet wrote:
Hello:

I took the opportunity to take this picture when the parrot out of cage:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5015643700/

Thanks for your comments.

Bird is nice (only lacks a bit of color saturation, IMHO given the subject)

Background is unaesthetic.

Our milage varies. I like that wall. If I was around that wall I'd
photograph it for the texture and use it when I wanted to drop one
background and add in something with more character.

I agree with you about the wall. This wasn't taken in a portrait
studio--it was in the real world where walls age and crack and the paint
peels. It's called "character".

What I don't like is that white mass of whatever in front of the
parrot's feet. I would have moved that and shot from much lower than
the parrot to eliminate the cage from the composition.

It's a very short length of corn on the cob.

Give the man credit, though. The focus is right and the feather
detail is good. Maybe the eye doesn't show up right, but I don't know
what this bird's eye is really like.

The only thing I would change is a slight reduction in exposure or
perhaps darkening a little in an editor. (Or it might be the settings of
my monitor.) But I'm a sucker for birds, especially parrots and owls. I
want to say that mmyv has shown slow but generally steady improvement in
the pictures he posts.
Allen

Old September 23rd 10, 08:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 9/22/10 9:40 PM, in article
, "Frank ess"

wrote:

[...]

Hell, I presumed the bird had elephantiasis in the feet.