Kodak Easyshare CX7430

Old December 28th 04, 07:47 PM

Default Kodak Easyshare CX7430

I purchased this camera for my parents as a Christmas gift. I know
very little about digital cameras and they know even less. Does anyone
know if there is a red eye reduction on the camera or a way to fix it
once the pictures are loaded onto the PC? Thanks.

Old December 29th 04, 01:07 AM
jrodgers

The CX7430 camera has a red-eye supress flash mode.
You might refer to:
http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQueri...q-locale=en_US
for information.

Additionally, such photo-editing programs as Photoshop Elements, among most
others, provide simple means to eliminate red-eye in photos.

oups.com...

Old January 3rd 05, 11:06 PM
Ron Baird

Greetings Krisans,

Yes, your camera has a red eye reduction setting for the flash. Simply
click tghe flash option button to see the modes that can be used. There
should be one for No Flash, Red Eye Flash, Auto Flash, Fill Flash. The
manual will explain each. If you use the Red Eye Reduction flash mode, the
flash will fire twice once to help the subject dialate their pupils and one
to take the actual picture.

The software that comes with your camera also has an edit feature where you
can remove red eye should it happen at all. Select an image for review and
click on the Edit Picture option. On the top menu of the resulting screen
will be a red eye choice. Simply place the reference points over the eyes
and the red eye will be gone.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I will be here for you.

Talk to you soon,

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company

oups.com...