FS-- Sigma 28-80mm F3.5-5.6 AF II Lens Minolta + Camera Bag

Old June 23rd 04, 03:52 AM
James Cloud

Default FS-- Sigma 28-80mm F3.5-5.6 AF II Lens Minolta + Camera Bag

$25 starting bid. No reserve.

You are bidding on an almost new Sigma 28-80mm F3.5-5.6 Auto Focus
zoom With Macro Lens For All Minolta Maxxum AF SLR`s That Includes
Front/Rear Caps, A Lens Hood, Original Box, Owner's Manual with a
blank warranty card. Plus, a Sigma SLR camera bag that will hold an
SLR camera with medium zoom lens attached and 2-3 additional lenses.

This will be a great starter lens for a student, or for an amatuer
photographer looking for an inexpensive zoom lens to use when
traveling.

I got this lens and the bag last month as part of the Camera/2 lenses
kit purchased from Cameta Camera. I am selling one of the lenses in
the kit because I already have quite a few Maxxum lenses in this zoom
range.

There is a minor imperfection with this lens. I noticed a tiny
speckle the size of a dust particle near the side of the front lens
element. It must have been scratched from a wind-blown sand particle
when I used it, however briefly. I shot two rolls of film this
weekend, pored through the pictures and made sure this does not affect
the performance of the lens. I will never sell defective products on
ebay and guarantee that this lens will perform like new. If you find
out otherwise, send it back and I will refund your purchase price.

The most impressive feature with this lens to me was the Macro 1:2
function at 80mm and its minimum focus distance of 9 inch. This makes
it very useful for taking close-up shots of flowers and insects, etc.
It also has a very useful zoom range, 28-80mm, and weighs only 9 oz.,
making it a good lens to carry with you on a trip.

The camera bag included with this auction is a Sigma bag. It is a
compact camera bag, about 10" (w) x 4.5" (d) X 6" (h) in size, good
for a compact SLR 35mm camera with medium zoom lens attached and 2-3
additional lenses/flash. It has two zipped pockets that can hold your
filters and films. One of the pictures below shows the bag holding
my Maxxum 70 camera with medium zoom lens attached, a prime lens, a
telephoto lens, and a flash. Please note this picture is meant only
to show the capacity of the bag. Other than the Sigma 28-80mm lens
and the bag itself, none of the other equipment is included in this
auction!

Please feel free to ask any questions. Shipping will be via UPS
ground with $100 insurance included. If you're bidding from outside
of the US, or if you have no feedback or more than two negative
feedbacks, please email me first before you bid.

The Sigma 28-80mm f3.5-5.6 II Aspherical Mini Zoom Macro lens covers
the most popular focal length range from wide angle to mid-range
telephoto. This versatile zoom has tele-macro capability for a maximum
magnification ratio of 1:2, plus a minimum shooting distance of under
9.5 inches. Everything from grab shots to portraits to close-ups is
possible.
Sigma's exclusive optical technology makes optimum use of aspherical
lens elements to achieve results on par with fixed focal length lenses
throughout the entire range. And with an overall length of 2.7 inches
and a weight of under 9 oz., this lens is perfect for the photographer
on the go.

The macro feature of the Sigma 28-80 Macro Lens allows you to take a
more magnified photograph of your subject. With a 1:2 macro
magnification ratio you will get extraordinary detailed half-life size
images.
A macro feature of this quality is usually found only in the highest
end, most expensive lenses. The Sigma lens included with this auction
has this macro feature and more!

Sigma 28-80mm Lens Specifications:

Lens Construction: 7 elements in 7 groups
Angle of View: 30.3°-75.4°
Minimum Focus Distance: 9.4 in. (29.3cm)
Macro Magnification Ratio: 1:2
Focus Modes: Autofocus and manual focus
Apertu f 3.5-5.6
Filter Size: 55mm
Dimensions (diameter x length): 2.7 x 2.7 in. (69.5mm x 69.5mm)
Weight: 9 oz. (255g)