Recommend a good photo printer

Old August 26th 07, 07:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ignoramus19259

Default Recommend a good photo printer

I would like to hear if anyone can be recommend a good printer
specifically for printing photos. I already have a good laser printer
for general purpose printing.

I would say that my budget is under $400. I would like something Linux
compatible. (Postscript will work fine, as will a lot of other printers)

Old August 26th 07, 08:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ray

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 13:59:08 -0500, Ignoramus19259 wrote:

I would like to hear if anyone can be recommend a good printer
specifically for printing photos. I already have a good laser printer
for general purpose printing.

I would say that my budget is under $400. I would like something Linux
compatible. (Postscript will work fine, as will a lot of other printers)

I use an Epson Stylus Photo R320 with Linux - very nice machine -
six individual tanks. Try the Epson online store for refurbs. More on
Epson support at www.avasys.jp/english

Old August 26th 07, 11:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ignoramus19259

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 13:36:55 -0600, ray wrote:
On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 13:59:08 -0500, Ignoramus19259 wrote:

I would like to hear if anyone can be recommend a good printer
specifically for printing photos. I already have a good laser printer
for general purpose printing.

I would say that my budget is under $400. I would like something Linux
compatible. (Postscript will work fine, as will a lot of other printers)

I use an Epson Stylus Photo R320 with Linux - very nice machine -
six individual tanks. Try the Epson online store for refurbs. More on
Epson support at www.avasys.jp/english

Thanks. I am going to ask in a separate thread about a newer Epson
printer.