Mamiya RB67 lens question - NB, C, KL...

Old October 25th 04, 04:42 PM
Stefan Engström

Default Mamiya RB67 lens question - NB, C, KL...

I am trying to sort out the differences between the various Mamiya RB67
lenses. I have the categories down as:

pre-C
NB
KL

KL is the current line of lenses and they are generally highly
recommended in what I've seen. Do the classes differ mainly in how they
are coated, or are there other significant differences that make a
difference? "NB" lenses appear rather affordable and would fit my
budget, but what are their drawbacks compared to the later models?

Some knowledgeable input on these lenses would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Stefan Engström
Old October 27th 04, 07:53 AM
Phil Marcus

NB? Stands for "not bad".

Actually, I owned a 90mm NB for years. Negatives don't get any better.
Shot lots of magazine pages and covers with it. Should have kept the damned
thing and got a new body.

Phil