Fuji V10, F40, F50 Camera Question by Jeffrey Dach

Old October 26th 07, 07:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Jeffrey Dach

Default Fuji V10, F40, F50 Camera Question by Jeffrey Dach

In terms of digital pocket cameras, so far I have owned and used the
Fuji V10, an F40 for my son which he used and liked, but then lost,
and recently based on the specs, I bought a Fuji F50 for my daughter
who is in art school. All from B and H by the way. The F50 became
available only in September, and we bought one the first day it came
out.

My daughter emailed me a few of the photos from her new Fuji Finepix
F50 and they are very high resolution, and sharply focused. One thing
that appealed to me about the camera was the low light capability of
the camera with the hi speed CCD chip. I am actually considering
replacing my V10 with another F50.

No, I don't work or shill for any camera companies. My question is,
should I be looking at the Canon, Sony, Casio, Nikon, Minolta, Leica,
Panasonic or any other lines for a pocket digital camera which might
rival or exceed the Fuji F50 in terms of compactness and image
features? I also have a Nikon D70 digital SLR with two lenses. But I
consider the large Nikon body too fragile and bulky for travel or
candid spontaneous photos.

In the years past before digital technology, I have used film cameras
such as Pentax, Minolta and Nikon. I really liked the Minolta
autofocus film camera but I accidentally dropped it and that was the
end of it. Same thing happened to my Nikon 28-105 zoom lense which I
really liked...I dropped it last year on a plane and that was the end of
that. I replaced it with the standard digital lense. Any other
suggestions?

I must say I have been impressed with the progress in the compact
digital camera technology over the past 5 years. The cameras are
getting better and cheaper, sort of what we have seen with computer
technology in general. The image quality and ability to take good
pictures in difficult conditions has dramatically improved. What do
you see happening over the next few years? Can we expect even more
improvements, and what types of improvements should we be expecting?
I can be contacted at the web site listed on my profile page.

jeffrey dach www.drdach.com

Old October 26th 07, 07:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John McWilliams

Jeffrey Dach wrote:
In terms of digital pocket cameras, so far I have owned and used the
Fuji V10, an F40 for my son Snipped bits out

Since this is posted in at least one other digital photo group, and this
one is about DSLRs, it makes sense to congregate replies in r.p.d.

Also, it's better to judiciously cross post than multipost.

--
john mcwilliams
Old October 26th 07, 11:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Jeffrey Dach

On Oct 26, 2:15 pm, John McWilliams wrote:
Jeffrey Dach wrote:
In terms of digital pocket cameras, so far I have owned and used the
Fuji V10, an F40 for my son Snipped bits out

Since this is posted in at least one other digital photo group, and this
one is about DSLRs, it makes sense to congregate replies in r.p.d.

Also, it's better to judiciously cross post than multipost.

--
john mcwilliams

Ok thanks for the suggestion.

Old October 27th 07, 07:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

On Oct 26, 2:00 pm, Jeffrey Dach wrote:
[...]

There are no other P&S cameras that can match the Fuji. They all use
crappy little sensors so they stink when it comes to image quality and
show noise, even at 80 ISO.

In the years past before digital technology, I have used film cameras
such as Pentax, Minolta and Nikon. I really liked the Minolta
autofocus film camera but I accidentally dropped it and that was the
end of it. Same thing happened to my Nikon 28-105 zoom lense which I
really liked...I dropped it last year on a plane and that was the end of
that. I replaced it with the standard digital lense. Any other
suggestions?

Olympus's E-410 and it's highly compact, solid for a plastic camera
and has high quality 14-42mm kit lens that will beat any P&S.

I must say I have been impressed with the progress in the compact
digital camera technology over the past 5 years. The cameras are
getting better and cheaper, sort of what we have seen with computer
technology in general. The image quality and ability to take good
pictures in difficult conditions has dramatically improved. What do
you see happening over the next few years?

The elimination of the reflex mirror system in DSLRs for high
resolution LCDs. Improvements in noise reduction (though not a the
chip level).

Can we expect even more
improvements, and what types of improvements should we be expecting?

Better speed of response from P&Ss. An end to the megapixel race.

Old November 18th 07, 10:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
[email protected]

Thanks for the info on the Fuji being the best compact camera.

On Oct 27, 1:48 pm, RichA wrote:
On Oct 26, 2:00 wrote:

[...]

jeffrey dach

Better speed of response from P&Ss. An end to the megapixel race.- Hide quoted text -