D2X US delivery date posted by Nikon, and... taken back!

Old January 6th 05, 09:37 PM
ThomasH

Default D2X US delivery date posted by Nikon, and... taken back!

I am not if you have spotted this as well: Rob Galbraith posted on
his web page a news note that Nikon announced an official delivery
start of the D2X on Jan. 3, 2005. I saw it than by myself, but do
not ask me about the posted price. Assuming that the note is to stay,
I was not memorizing it!

But on the same day this notification was removed by Nikon, or
rather by their public relations company MWW...

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/con...id=7-6463-7454

We have to wait some more for the definitive news. It is yet another
Nikon's blunder with their American press notices!

Thomas
Old January 7th 05, 04:22 AM
MarkČ

"ThomasH" wrote in message
I am not if you have spotted this as well: Rob Galbraith posted on
his web page a news note that Nikon announced an official delivery
start of the D2X on Jan. 3, 2005. I saw it than by myself, but do
not ask me about the posted price. Assuming that the note is to stay,
I was not memorizing it!

But on the same day this notification was removed by Nikon, or
rather by their public relations company MWW...

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/con...id=7-6463-7454

We have to wait some more for the definitive news. It is yet another
Nikon's blunder with their American press notices!

I suspect Canon's woes with 20D lock-ups hasn't exactly prompted Nikon to a
speedy release...
I don't blame them.

I'm a Canon guy...but let's face it, Canonites...
....The majority of 20D users on this forum have reported lock-ups.
Bummer.

Old January 7th 05, 02:22 PM
Roxy Durban

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 13:37:37 -0800, ThomasH wrote:

I am not if you have spotted this as well: Rob Galbraith posted on
his web page a news note that Nikon announced an official delivery
start of the D2X on Jan. 3, 2005. I saw it than by myself, but do
not ask me about the posted price. Assuming that the note is to stay,
I was not memorizing it!

But on the same day this notification was removed by Nikon, or
rather by their public relations company MWW...

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/con...id=7-6463-7454

We have to wait some more for the definitive news. It is yet another
Nikon's blunder with their American press notices!

Thomas

I have a feeling that the pricing will be something of a surprise. The way
they have brought down the price on the D2H augers well for such a move.
However, the Dollar suddenly made new gains this past week, so that's what
could have caused them to hold off on a pricing notification.