1 of 3 is Messed Up. Comcast,Outlook Express,or my PC. NO EMAIL!

Old March 15th 06, 03:41 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default 1 of 3 is Messed Up. Comcast,Outlook Express,or my PC. NO EMAIL!

Is it me or is there some problem I am sharing with many? I can't get
e-mail! Hopefully I can get an intelligent answer on our site. I can't
get messages from many of you.

Old March 15th 06, 12:47 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

And we care about this because?

oups.com...

Old March 15th 06, 04:27 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Doug Robbins wrote:

And we care about this because?

"uw wayne" wrote in message
oups.com...

Is it me or is there some problem I am sharing with many? I can't get
e-mail! Hopefully I can get an intelligent answer on our site. I can't
get messages from many of you.

Perhaps because email exchanges between posters won't clutter up the
newsgroup with personal traffic.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

I'd start with Comcast's "help"desk & make sure you have Outlook Express
configured correctly to work with their mail server; and that you are
going to the correct mail server. That should be amongst their canned
scripts.

I'd also check in with the microsoft.public.outlook.* newsgroup hiearchy
for the expertise to help with this problem.

And you might try getting a hotmail, g-mail or Yahoo email account and
see if they can send to that.
Old March 15th 06, 10:20 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"no_name" wrote in message
Doug Robbins wrote:

And we care about this because?

"uw wayne" wrote in message
oups.com...

Is it me or is there some problem I am sharing with many? I can't get
e-mail! Hopefully I can get an intelligent answer on our site. I can't
get messages from many of you.

Perhaps because email exchanges between posters won't clutter up the
newsgroup with personal traffic.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

I'd start with Comcast's "help"desk & make sure you have Outlook Express
configured correctly to work with their mail server; and that you are
going to the correct mail server. That should be amongst their canned
scripts.

I'd also check in with the microsoft.public.outlook.* newsgroup hiearchy
for the expertise to help with this problem.

And you might try getting a hotmail, g-mail or Yahoo email account and see
if they can send to that.

In addition to what the poster suggests above, I'd suggest that the very
first thing you look at is which mail server you are downloading from. I
don't know about Comcast, but Charter has a very BAD habit of changing mail
servers w/o any notice whatsoever (they've done it to me three times
now)...you just tend to notice when you no longer can send or receive email.

Old March 15th 06, 11:15 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Because many of us exchange information with each other via e-mail, not
just Google or other newsgroups. A few of us have developed friendships
beyond just posting.

Old March 16th 06, 12:52 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

My email works fine. I can't see any reason to be concerned abour YOUR
email.

oups.com...

Old March 16th 06, 12:59 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"george" wrote in message

In addition to what the poster suggests above, I'd suggest that the very
first thing you look at is which mail server you are downloading from. I
don't know about Comcast, but Charter has a very BAD habit of changing
mail servers w/o any notice whatsoever (they've done it to me three times
now)...you just tend to notice when you no longer can send or receive
email.

Hmmm... I think after two such incidents I'd seriously consider finding
another provider. Comcast has been great for me. Why, just the other day I
had no internet, so I called Comcast and they helped me trace the problem to
my two year old, who had unplugged the cable modem...the wee ****e. ;-)

Matt Clara
www.mattclara.com

Old March 16th 06, 04:12 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Matt Clara" wrote in message
.. .
"george" wrote in message

In addition to what the poster suggests above, I'd suggest that the very
first thing you look at is which mail server you are downloading from. I
don't know about Comcast, but Charter has a very BAD habit of changing
mail servers w/o any notice whatsoever (they've done it to me three times
now)...you just tend to notice when you no longer can send or receive
email.

Hmmm... I think after two such incidents I'd seriously consider finding
another provider. Comcast has been great for me. Why, just the other day
I had no internet, so I called Comcast and they helped me trace the
problem to my two year old, who had unplugged the cable modem...the wee
****e. ;-)

Oh, I AM so gone whenever they finally get any competition around here.
Their mail server is easily out one day every month (or more). I'll also
get a few days of entire Internet service being out per month...and this is
for $60 per month 3MB/s service (and I am pretty liberal with the use of the
word "service" here). I've never been able to get any sort of compensation
(i.e., not paying for the times they are out) in several years of using
them...they know they have no competition. Once WiMax or something else
competitive comes here, it is goodbye Charter, both cable modem and cable
tv.

The last time I had to call tech support at Charter, the tech couldn't
figure out the problem why I couldn't post to Usenet groups. I did discover
(w/o the tech) that something was opening too many Internet connections but
haven't identified what was doing that (three pieces of software say I have
no viruses, trojans, or data miners). So, I won't miss them at all...I just
need faster than dial-up.

Matt Clara
www.mattclara.com

Old March 17th 06, 12:50 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Wow, Thanks Doug!

Old March 20th 06, 06:18 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

you're welcome, wayne

"uw wayne" wrote in message
oups.com...
Wow, Thanks Doug!