Canon 40D Announced

Old August 20th 07, 09:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Wayne J. Cosshall

Default Canon 40D Announced

Hi All,

The 40D has been officially announced:
http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=1070

Cheers,

Wayne

--
Wayne J. Cosshall
Photography and Art Forums http://www.dimagemaker.com/forums/index.php
Old August 20th 07, 11:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Clive[_2_]

Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:
Hi All,

The 40D has been officially announced:
http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=1070

Cheers,

Wayne

Is the proce rumours are correct of $1500, then I think it's a bit of a
bargain here in the UK (at current exchange rates). But no doubt we will
get a huge price hike!

--
Clive

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take..... but by the moments that take our breath away.
Old August 20th 07, 11:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
frederick

Clive wrote:
Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:
Hi All,

The 40D has been officially announced:
http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=1070

Cheers,

Wayne

Is the proce rumours are correct of $1500, then I think it's a bit of a
bargain here in the UK (at current exchange rates). But no doubt we will
get a huge price hike!

When it was listed on Amazon (since been pulled) price was US$1299.
Old August 20th 07, 03:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Bob Hatch

"frederick" wrote in message
Clive wrote:
Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:
Hi All,

The 40D has been officially announced:
http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=1070

Cheers,

Wayne

Is the proce rumours are correct of $1500, then I think it's a bit
of a bargain here in the UK (at current exchange rates). But no
doubt we will get a huge price hike!

When it was listed on Amazon (since been pulled) price was US$1299.

Pulled from where?
http://www.amazon.com/Canon-40D-10-1...7619163&sr=1-4

--
"You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog
will give you a look that says, 'My God, you're right!

Old August 20th 07, 10:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
frederick

Clive wrote:
Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:
Hi All,

The 40D has been officially announced:
http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=1070

Cheers,

Wayne

Is the proce rumours are correct of $1500, then I think it's a bit
of a bargain here in the UK (at current exchange rates). But no
doubt we will get a huge price hike!

When it was listed on Amazon (since been pulled) price was US$1299.

Pulled from where?
http://www.amazon.com/Canon-40D-10-1...7619163&sr=1-4

It was temporarily pulled from the Amazon site after they "released" it
about 12 hours before Canon did.
Old August 20th 07, 11:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
the_niner_nation

"Clive" wrote in message
k...
Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:
Hi All,

The 40D has been officially announced:
http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=1070

Cheers,

Wayne

Is the proce rumours are correct of $1500, then I think it's a bit of a
bargain here in the UK (at current exchange rates). But no doubt we will
get a huge price hike!

--
Clive

Yes, Clive...but expect to pay at least £1000 for it here, rip-off britain
etc...

Old August 21st 07, 05:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Tony Gartshore[_2_]

In article ,
says...

"Clive" wrote in message
k...
Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:
Hi All,

The 40D has been officially announced:
http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=1070

Cheers,

Wayne

Is the proce rumours are correct of $1500, then I think it's a bit of a
bargain here in the UK (at current exchange rates). But no doubt we will
get a huge price hike!

--
Clive

Yes, Clive...but expect to pay at least £1000 for it here, rip-off britain
etc...

The few sites that seem to be listing a price for it are asking £899 for
the body.. Jessops want £1199 with the 28-85 IS.

How much was the 30D at release ?

T.
Old August 21st 07, 06:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
the_niner_nation

"Wayne J. Cosshall" wrote in message
u...
Hi All,

The 40D has been officially announced:
http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=1070

Cheers,

Wayne

--
Wayne J. Cosshall
Photography and Art Forums http://www.dimagemaker.com/forums/index.php
Personal art site http://www.cosshall.com/

Nice features, but unless the picture quality is bettter than the 400d which
i already own, i have absloutley no need to upgrade :-(

Old August 21st 07, 11:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John Sheehy

"the_niner_nation" wrote in
:

Nice features, but unless the picture quality is bettter than the 400d
which i already own, i have absloutley no need to upgrade :-(

The 20D/30D have 1.1 stops less pixel read noise than the 400D, at ISO
1600, relative to absolute signal. The 1Dmk3 improves on the 1Dmk2 by a
half stop in this regard, so if the 40D has the same improvement at ISO
1600, then it will have a real-world read-noise floor about 1.6 stops lower
than the 400D.

--

John P Sheehy

Old August 22nd 07, 01:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
l v

the_niner_nation wrote:

Nice features, but unless the picture quality is bettter than the 400d which
i already own, i have absloutley no need to upgrade :-(

I wouldn't either if I had the 400d. I have not upgraded since I bought
the 300d back in January of 2004. It is now time for me to upgrade.
Looking forward to many of the 40d's features.

--

Len