A Photography forum. PhotoBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PhotoBanter.com forum » Digital Photography » Digital Photography
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Apple may owe Ireland 10 YEARS of back-taxes. Notice dickhead CEO isn't wearing jeans here!!



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old October 28th 15, 01:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 24,165
Default Apple may owe Ireland 10 YEARS of back-taxes. Notice dickhead CEO isn't wearing jeans here!!

In article ,
RichA wrote:

http://money.cnn.com/2015/04/30/tech...reland/?iid=EL

I guess the rebel, anti-corporate facade is pretty much gone from Apple?


the only dickhead is you.

that link is six months old and it's yet another one of your moronic
anti-apple trolls.

not only is what they're doing *completely legal*, but minimizing taxes
is *expected* and *encouraged*.

numerous other companies do essentially the same thing, including
google, yahoo, cisco and amazon.

even ordinary taxpayers, including yourself, pays as little tax as
possible.

unlike the other companies, however, apple wants to change the the tax
laws so that they're more fair, where they can repatriate the money.
that means they will pay *more* taxes than they currently are, just not
the absurd amounts that the current tax law requires.
  #2  
Old October 28th 15, 08:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
sid[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 385
Default Apple may owe Ireland 10 YEARS of back-taxes. Notice dickhead CEO isn't wearing jeans here!!

nospam wrote:

In article ,
RichA wrote:

http://money.cnn.com/2015/04/30/tech...reland/?iid=EL

I guess the rebel, anti-corporate facade is pretty much gone from Apple?


the only dickhead is you.


Who is the bigger dickhead? The one that posts the troll in the first place
or the one that follows up to the troll with another post exclaiming how
fair and just his object of adulation is?

that link is six months old and it's yet another one of your moronic
anti-apple trolls.

not only is what they're doing *completely legal*, but minimizing taxes
is *expected* and *encouraged*.


Only by the morally bankrupt and greedy.

numerous other companies do essentially the same thing, including
google, yahoo, cisco and amazon.


It's amazing how often you seem to think two wrongs make a right.

even ordinary taxpayers, including yourself, pays as little tax as
possible.


Ordinary tax payers get told how much they have to pay and that's that.
Multi national corporations have unimaginable amounts of money to spend on
tax dodgers to work the best scams they can. Not really comparable.

unlike the other companies, however, apple wants to change the the tax
laws so that they're more fair, where they can repatriate the money.
that means they will pay *more* taxes than they currently are, just not
the absurd amounts that the current tax law requires.


If they actually gave two ****s for anything other than the amount of money
they can accumulate they would already be paying taxes at the same rate as
all the other honest companies in the countries in which they extract
exorbitant amounts of money from their customer base.

--
sid
  #3  
Old October 28th 15, 09:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 24,165
Default Apple may owe Ireland 10 YEARS of back-taxes. Notice dickhead CEO isn't wearing jeans here!!

In article , sid
wrote:

http://money.cnn.com/2015/04/30/tech...reland/?iid=EL

I guess the rebel, anti-corporate facade is pretty much gone from Apple?


the only dickhead is you.


Who is the bigger dickhead? The one that posts the troll in the first place
or the one that follows up to the troll with another post exclaiming how
fair and just his object of adulation is?


now that you joined the thread, the biggest dickhead would be you, and
by a mile.

that link is six months old and it's yet another one of your moronic
anti-apple trolls.

not only is what they're doing *completely legal*, but minimizing taxes
is *expected* and *encouraged*.


Only by the morally bankrupt and greedy.


nonsense.

numerous other companies do essentially the same thing, including
google, yahoo, cisco and amazon.


It's amazing how often you seem to think two wrongs make a right.


what two wrongs?

the tax laws are what they are and companies abiding by them is not
wrong. that's how it works.

if you think what the various companies are doing is illegal, then go
contact the relevant authorities. good luck on that one nd be prepared
to be laughed at.

something that you are also ignoring is that apple *wants* to change
the tax laws, resulting in them paying *more* tax. do you hear the
other companies saying that? nope. once again, apple gets bashed for
trying to fix the problems.

even ordinary taxpayers, including yourself, pays as little tax as
possible.


Ordinary tax payers get told how much they have to pay and that's that.


nonsense. nobody can be that stupid.

the irs does *not* tell a taxpayer how much to pay unless they're
delinquent, in which case they have far bigger problems, or if they're
stupid enough to request the irs to give them an amount to pay.

not only do taxpayers take deductions to which they are entitled, but
many of them hire an accountant who understands tax law and knows what
deductions are possible. most people don't because tax law is highly
convoluted and needs to be simplified.

Multi national corporations have unimaginable amounts of money to spend on
tax dodgers to work the best scams they can. Not really comparable.


of course it's comparable and there's nothing scammy about it. the only
difference is the amount paid.

unlike the other companies, however, apple wants to change the the tax
laws so that they're more fair, where they can repatriate the money.
that means they will pay *more* taxes than they currently are, just not
the absurd amounts that the current tax law requires.


If they actually gave two ****s for anything other than the amount of money
they can accumulate they would already be paying taxes at the same rate as
all the other honest companies in the countries in which they extract
exorbitant amounts of money from their customer base.


more bull****.
  #4  
Old October 28th 15, 09:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 24,165
Default Apple may owe Ireland 10 YEARS of back-taxes. Notice dickhead CEO isn't wearing jeans here!!

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

numerous other companies do essentially the same thing, including
google, yahoo, cisco and amazon.


It's amazing how often you seem to think two wrongs make a right.

This is typical nospam. Say anything that he thinks is "bashing"
Apple, and he immediately wants to know why you haven't also bashed
anyone from Google to Nabisco to your local children's day care
center.


why single out apple when plenty of other companies do the same thing?

the answer is because it's the usual apple bashing, with you at the
forefront.

if someone posted that tax laws need to be changed, this would be a
very different discussion. instead, it's apple is a scammer while all
of the other companies get a free pass for doing the *same thing*.

even ordinary taxpayers, including yourself, pays as little tax as
possible.


Ordinary tax payers get told how much they have to pay and that's that.
Multi national corporations have unimaginable amounts of money to spend on
tax dodgers to work the best scams they can. Not really comparable.

unlike the other companies, however, apple wants to change the the tax
laws so that they're more fair, where they can repatriate the money.
that means they will pay *more* taxes than they currently are, just not
the absurd amounts that the current tax law requires.


That sounds like it is written by someone in the market for a bridge.
Yeah, right, Apple is working diligently to figure out ways to pay
more in taxes. They have a whole department of accountants and
shareholder representatives devoted to ways to reduce their bottom
line.


you're ignorant.

apple has repeatedly said they want to change the existing tax laws so
that they can repatriate their assets, something which will result in
paying more tax than they currently are paying.

do you hear marissa saying she wants to change the tax laws? nope.

If they actually gave two ****s for anything other than the amount of money
they can accumulate they would already be paying taxes at the same rate as
all the other honest companies in the countries in which they extract
exorbitant amounts of money from their customer base.


I think Apple is as honest as any other large corporation. All they're
doing is paying the taxes that the tax laws require them to pay.


exactly, which is completely legal and expected of any corporation,
large or small.

To
think they'd like to pay more, though, is the thinking of a demented
fool.


call tim cook and tell him that he's a demented fool.

apple's main phone number 408-996-1010, ask for tim cook's office. i'm
sure they'll put you right through.

This is not a "bash" of Apple.


of course it's a bash of apple.

any time anyone singles out apple for doing what other companies do is
apple bashing.

the problem is the tax code, not what apple is doing.

nospam will argue that it is, though,
because he argues with every post.


you have that backwards.

bashing is all *you* do and *you* are the one who argues with every
post, even though in this case, you are agreeing with what apple is
doing.

that's ****ed up.
  #5  
Old October 28th 15, 10:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
sid[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 385
Default Apple may owe Ireland 10 YEARS of back-taxes. Notice dickhead CEO isn't wearing jeans here!!

nospam wrote:

In article , sid
wrote:

http://money.cnn.com/2015/04/30/tech...reland/?iid=EL

I guess the rebel, anti-corporate facade is pretty much gone from
Apple?

the only dickhead is you.


Who is the bigger dickhead? The one that posts the troll in the first
place or the one that follows up to the troll with another post
exclaiming how fair and just his object of adulation is?


now that you joined the thread, the biggest dickhead would be you, and
by a mile.


Ooooh, touchy!

that link is six months old and it's yet another one of your moronic
anti-apple trolls.

not only is what they're doing *completely legal*, but minimizing taxes
is *expected* and *encouraged*.


Only by the morally bankrupt and greedy.


nonsense.


It's not nonsense at all, it just depends which side of the fence you're on.


numerous other companies do essentially the same thing, including
google, yahoo, cisco and amazon.


It's amazing how often you seem to think two wrongs make a right.


what two wrongs?


Don't pretend to be dimmer than you already are.

the tax laws are what they are and companies abiding by them is not
wrong. that's how it works.


Well duh.

if you think what the various companies are doing is illegal, then go
contact the relevant authorities. good luck on that one nd be prepared
to be laughed at.


Why are you making things up?

something that you are also ignoring is that apple *wants* to change
the tax laws, resulting in them paying *more* tax. do you hear the
other companies saying that? nope. once again, apple gets bashed for
trying to fix the problems.


I haven't ignored anything, Apples lip service means jack ****.

even ordinary taxpayers, including yourself, pays as little tax as
possible.


Ordinary tax payers get told how much they have to pay and that's that.


nonsense. nobody can be that stupid.


Do you get told what rate of tax you have to pay on whatever it is you tell
the taxman you have earned?

the irs does *not* tell a taxpayer how much to pay unless they're
delinquent, in which case they have far bigger problems, or if they're
stupid enough to request the irs to give them an amount to pay.

not only do taxpayers take deductions to which they are entitled, but
many of them hire an accountant who understands tax law and knows what
deductions are possible. most people don't because tax law is highly
convoluted and needs to be simplified.

Multi national corporations have unimaginable amounts of money to spend
on tax dodgers to work the best scams they can. Not really comparable.


of course it's comparable and there's nothing scammy about it. the only
difference is the amount paid.


Yes it is scammy, moving your hq to an island on the other side of the
Atlantic to take advantage of a dodgy governments tax loop holes and pay net
to zero tax, yes that's scammy. You can't do that can you?

unlike the other companies, however, apple wants to change the the tax
laws so that they're more fair, where they can repatriate the money.
that means they will pay *more* taxes than they currently are, just not
the absurd amounts that the current tax law requires.


If they actually gave two ****s for anything other than the amount of
money they can accumulate they would already be paying taxes at the same
rate as all the other honest companies in the countries in which they
extract exorbitant amounts of money from their customer base.


more bull****.


No, I'm afraid it's not.

--
sid
  #6  
Old October 28th 15, 10:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
sid[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 385
Default Apple may owe Ireland 10 YEARS of back-taxes. Notice dickhead CEO isn't wearing jeans here!!

Tony Cooper wrote:

unlike the other companies, however, apple wants to change the the tax
laws so that they're more fair, where they can repatriate the money.
that means they will pay *more* taxes than they currently are, just not
the absurd amounts that the current tax law requires.


That sounds like it is written by someone in the market for a bridge.

Yeah, right, Apple is working diligently to figure out ways to pay
more in taxes. They have a whole department of accountants and
shareholder representatives devoted to ways to reduce their bottom
line.

If they actually gave two ****s for anything other than the amount of
money they can accumulate they would already be paying taxes at the same
rate as all the other honest companies in the countries in which they
extract exorbitant amounts of money from their customer base.


I think Apple is as honest as any other large corporation. All they're
doing is paying the taxes that the tax laws require them to pay.


That is true, they are all as bad as each other, as are successive
governments, on both sides of the pond, that have encouraged, aided and
abetted this type of behaviour.

To think they'd like to pay more, though, is the thinking of a demented
fool.


No, really, Tim a really nice bloke and he only wants to do what's right.

--
sid
  #7  
Old October 29th 15, 12:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,611
Default Apple may owe Ireland 10 YEARS of back-taxes. Notice dickhead CEO isn't wearing jeans here!!

On Wed, 28 Oct 2015 21:51:42 +0000, sid wrote:

nospam wrote:

In article , sid
wrote:

--- snip ---


the irs does *not* tell a taxpayer how much to pay unless they're
delinquent, in which case they have far bigger problems, or if they're
stupid enough to request the irs to give them an amount to pay.

not only do taxpayers take deductions to which they are entitled, but
many of them hire an accountant who understands tax law and knows what
deductions are possible. most people don't because tax law is highly
convoluted and needs to be simplified.

Multi national corporations have unimaginable amounts of money to spend
on tax dodgers to work the best scams they can. Not really comparable.


of course it's comparable and there's nothing scammy about it. the only
difference is the amount paid.


Yes it is scammy, moving your hq to an island on the other side of the
Atlantic to take advantage of a dodgy governments tax loop holes and pay net
to zero tax, yes that's scammy. You can't do that can you?


I disagree. A company is free to organise it's business in any way it
likes, subject only to the laws which govern it's behaviour. Judge
learned hand once said

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Learned_Hand

"Any one may so arrange his affairs that his taxes shall be as low
as possible; he is not bound to choose that pattern which will
best pay the Treasury; there is not even a patriotic duty to
increase one's taxes."
--

Regards,

Eric Stevens
  #8  
Old October 29th 15, 12:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,611
Default Apple may owe Ireland 10 YEARS of back-taxes. Notice dickhead CEO isn't wearing jeans here!!

On Wed, 28 Oct 2015 16:57:00 -0400, nospam
wrote:

To
think they'd like to pay more, though, is the thinking of a demented
fool.


call tim cook and tell him that he's a demented fool.


Better still, tell Apple's shareholders.
--

Regards,

Eric Stevens
  #9  
Old October 29th 15, 12:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,611
Default Apple may owe Ireland 10 YEARS of back-taxes. Notice dickhead CEO isn't wearing jeans here!!

On Wed, 28 Oct 2015 21:58:38 +0000, sid wrote:

Tony Cooper wrote:

unlike the other companies, however, apple wants to change the the tax
laws so that they're more fair, where they can repatriate the money.
that means they will pay *more* taxes than they currently are, just not
the absurd amounts that the current tax law requires.


That sounds like it is written by someone in the market for a bridge.

Yeah, right, Apple is working diligently to figure out ways to pay
more in taxes. They have a whole department of accountants and
shareholder representatives devoted to ways to reduce their bottom
line.

If they actually gave two ****s for anything other than the amount of
money they can accumulate they would already be paying taxes at the same
rate as all the other honest companies in the countries in which they
extract exorbitant amounts of money from their customer base.


I think Apple is as honest as any other large corporation. All they're
doing is paying the taxes that the tax laws require them to pay.


That is true, they are all as bad as each other, as are successive
governments, on both sides of the pond, that have encouraged, aided and
abetted this type of behaviour.

To think they'd like to pay more, though, is the thinking of a demented
fool.


No, really, Tim a really nice bloke and he only wants to do what's right.


There is nothing to stop Apple paying more. It doesn't require a
change in any country's tax codes. All Apple has to is front up to the
appropriate treasury and give them a cheque. It will be welcomed with
open bank accounts.
--

Regards,

Eric Stevens
  #10  
Old October 29th 15, 03:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 24,165
Default Apple may owe Ireland 10 YEARS of back-taxes. Notice dickhead CEO isn't wearing jeans here!!

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

numerous other companies do essentially the same thing, including
google, yahoo, cisco and amazon.

It's amazing how often you seem to think two wrongs make a right.

This is typical nospam. Say anything that he thinks is "bashing"
Apple, and he immediately wants to know why you haven't also bashed
anyone from Google to Nabisco to your local children's day care
center.


why single out apple when plenty of other companies do the same thing?

Because normal people don't write that way unless they are presenting
a white paper on some subject where a wide view of a situation is
called for.

Just pick up a newspaper or read your news online. Why didn't the
writer of this article not mention other companies who either don't
pay taxes or pay very little?


because mentioning apple gets the clicks.

The answer is because the author is writing about GE and not other
companies.


the linked article did not mention ge.

try again.

the answer is because it's the usual apple bashing, with you at the
forefront.


First of all, I don't bash Apple.


the hell you don't. the moment apple is in the topic you go into attack
mode.

But, why are you a hypocrite and
mentioning me when you don't mention others?


i do mention others, but right now i'm responding to your posts.

tax dodgers to work the best scams they can. Not really comparable.

unlike the other companies, however, apple wants to change the the tax
laws so that they're more fair, where they can repatriate the money.
that means they will pay *more* taxes than they currently are, just not
the absurd amounts that the current tax law requires.

That sounds like it is written by someone in the market for a bridge.
Yeah, right, Apple is working diligently to figure out ways to pay
more in taxes. They have a whole department of accountants and
shareholder representatives devoted to ways to reduce their bottom
line.


you're ignorant.


That's your usual ploy. It doesn't, in any way, refute the claim.


saying you're ignorant is not intended to refute anything. it's simply
a statement of fact.

apple has repeatedly said they want to change the existing tax laws so
that they can repatriate their assets, something which will result in
paying more tax than they currently are paying.


Lip service.


so much for you bull**** claim of not bashing apple.

do you hear marissa saying she wants to change the tax laws? nope.


Ms Mayer is just being honest with you.


tim is being honest too.

what you refuse to acknowledge is that apple's playbook is very
different than normal corporate playbooks and any time that's pointed
out to you, you go into attack mode.

To
think they'd like to pay more, though, is the thinking of a demented
fool.


call tim cook and tell him that he's a demented fool.


I don't need to contact Tim. There's a demented fool who will read
this post and argue with it.


of course you don't, because you don't want facts. you just want to
argue.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
***Save money on your taxes**** mailjob1 Digital Photography 0 February 13th 07 02:37 AM
***Save money on your taxes**** mailjob1 Digital Photography 0 February 11th 07 04:20 AM
The New Crime: Wearing Syndrome Survival Kit marika Other Photographic Equipment 0 October 1st 06 06:19 PM
Taxes & Customs [email protected] Digital Photography 5 January 26th 06 12:23 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2022 PhotoBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.