Giving photogs a bad name?

Old May 22nd 14, 11:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

Default Giving photogs a bad name?

On 2014.05.22, 17:39 , Bowser wrote:

Don't Cut Defense!!!

http://www.defense.gov/ will be happy to hear that.

--
I was born a 1%er - I'm just more equal than the rest.

Old May 23rd 14, 03:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Robert Coe

On Mon, 19 May 2014 09:44:03 -0500, George Kerby
wrote:
:
:
:
: On 5/19/14 8:48 AM, in article , "PAS"
: wrote:
:
:
: "Bowser" wrote in message
: ...
: On Sat, 17 May 2014 23:00:22 -0700 (PDT), RichA
: wrote:
:
: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...t-shakes-up-mi
: ssissippi-republican-primary/
:
: the blogger was a tea party supporter. 'nuff said.
:
: So am I. Don't got the way of a bigot and paint everyone with a broad
: brush. What the blogger did is reprehensible but it is not a reflection on
: the group, just himself.
:
:
: "bowser" is a lapdog for dimwit libtards. He LOVES Uncle SugarDaddy running
: his life, so that response was as expected...

Fine. Think what you like. You will anyway. But unlike you, I've actually met
Bowser. He and I spent several hours on a photo shoot, prowling the city where
I work. And he's not at all the way you describe him.

As I recall, Bowser worked his way through college as a photographer. He was a
regular contributor to the Shoot-In and served a couple of terms running it.
Have we ever seen any of your work?

Bob
Old May 23rd 14, 03:33 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Robert Coe

On Mon, 19 May 2014 20:56:52 -0400, nospam wrote:
: In article , PeterN
: wrote:
:
: Should we abolish speed limits on all highways.
:
: that's how it used to be in montana, without mass carnage on the
: highways.

That was Nevada, not Montana. And the reason it worked was because in those
days you could drive for miles without seeing another car. I forgive you for
not knowing that, because a) it was probably before you were born and b) I
doubt you could identify either state on an unannotated map.

Bob
Old May 23rd 14, 03:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Robert Coe

On Wed, 21 May 2014 16:29:24 -0500, George Kerby
wrote:
:
:
:
: On 5/19/14 7:56 PM, in article ,
: "nospam" wrote:
:
: In article , PeterN
: wrote:
:
: Should we abolish speed limits on all highways.
:
: that's how it used to be in montana, without mass carnage on the
: highways.
:
: Heard it was the same on some German Autobahns...

Well, yes, except I've read that the phrase "without mass carnage" didn't
always apply on the Autobahns.

Bob
Old May 23rd 14, 03:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Robert Coe

On Wed, 21 May 2014 17:57:20 -0400, James Silverton
wrote:
: On 5/21/2014 5:29 PM, George Kerby wrote:
:
:
:
: On 5/19/14 7:56 PM, in article ,
: "nospam" wrote:
:
: In article , PeterN
: wrote:
:
: Should we abolish speed limits on all highways.
:
: that's how it used to be in montana, without mass carnage on the
: highways.
:
: Heard it was the same on some German Autobahns...
:
:
: Unlimited speed was the rule on German Autobahnen but the stretches with
: that seem to decrease annually. I used to like the signs saying "Please,
: no faster than 100" (in German of course it was "Bitte, nicht schneller
: als 100" wasn't it?)

100 isn't all that fast in the metric system.

Bob
Old May 23rd 14, 03:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

wrote:
: On 5/21/2014 5:29 PM, George Kerby wrote:
:
:
:
: On 5/19/14 7:56 PM, in article ,
: "nospam" wrote:
:
: In article , PeterN
: wrote:
:
: Should we abolish speed limits on all highways.
:
: that's how it used to be in montana, without mass carnage on the
: highways.
:
: Heard it was the same on some German Autobahns...
:
:
: Unlimited speed was the rule on German Autobahnen but the stretches with
: that seem to decrease annually. I used to like the signs saying "Please,
: no faster than 100" (in German of course it was "Bitte, nicht schneller
: als 100" wasn't it?)

100 isn't all that fast in the metric system.

100 KPH = 62 MPH

Savageduck

Old May 23rd 14, 04:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
James Silverton[_2_]

wrote:
: On 5/21/2014 5:29 PM, George Kerby wrote:
:
:
:
: On 5/19/14 7:56 PM, in article
,
: "nospam" wrote:
:
: In article , PeterN
: wrote:
:
: Should we abolish speed limits on all highways.
:
: that's how it used to be in montana, without mass carnage on the
: highways.
:
: Heard it was the same on some German Autobahns...
:
:
: Unlimited speed was the rule on German Autobahnen but the stretches
with
: that seem to decrease annually. I used to like the signs saying
"Please,
: no faster than 100" (in German of course it was "Bitte, nicht schneller
: als 100" wasn't it?)

100 isn't all that fast in the metric system.

100 KPH = 62 MPH

My mental arithmetic (and my memory is at fault); it was 140 wsan't it?

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not." in Reply To.
Old May 23rd 14, 04:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-05-23 03:02:55 +0000, James Silverton

wrote:
: On 5/21/2014 5:29 PM, George Kerby wrote:
:
:
:
: On 5/19/14 7:56 PM, in article
,
: "nospam" wrote:
:
: In article , PeterN
: wrote:
:
: Should we abolish speed limits on all highways.
:
: that's how it used to be in montana, without mass carnage on the
: highways.
:
: Heard it was the same on some German Autobahns...
:
:
: Unlimited speed was the rule on German Autobahnen but the stretches
with
: that seem to decrease annually. I used to like the signs saying
"Please,
: no faster than 100" (in German of course it was "Bitte, nicht schneller
: als 100" wasn't it?)

100 isn't all that fast in the metric system.

100 KPH = 62 MPH

My mental arithmetic (and my memory is at fault); it was 140 wsan't it?

140 what? KPH or MPH?
140 KPH = 87 MPH
140 MPH = 225 KPH

On the unrestricted Autobahn there is only a recommended limit of 130
KPH. However, there are no prosecutions for exceeding that
recommendation, unless other negligent driving is cited.

On urban roads the limit is 50 KPH (31 MPH), and rural non-autobahns
the limit is 100 KPH (62 MPH).
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...eichen_393.svg

Savageduck

Old May 23rd 14, 02:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PAS

"Robert Coe" wrote in message
On Mon, 19 May 2014 20:56:52 -0400, nospam wrote:
: In article PeterN
:
: Should we abolish speed limits on all highways.
:
: that's how it used to be in montana, without mass carnage on the
: highways.

That was Nevada, not Montana. And the reason it worked was because in
those
days you could drive for miles without seeing another car. I forgive you
for
not knowing that, because a) it was probably before you were born and b) I
doubt you could identify either state on an unannotated map.

Bob

It was Montana. They had no speed limits and the Federal government, of
course, had to stick their nose in it and give them a choice - enact a speed
limit or no highway funding. So, they did enact a speed limit along with a
fine of $5.00 and no points.

Old May 23rd 14, 04:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_4_]

On 5/23/2014 9:35 AM, PAS wrote:
"Robert Coe" wrote in message
[...]

You cannot have it both ways. The State had a choice, and made its
decision. I give money to the Salvation Army because I believe they do
a lot of good for a lot of people. I also give to other organizations,
because I want to help encourage their activities. If somehow the Tea
Party changed its views, I certainly would help them financially. I have
not taken a survey, but I think there are hundreds of thousands of
moderates who would give the Tea Party money, if they changed their views.

BTW: I do not understand how you can support a political party that
advocates invasion of privacy. Condoning video taping an opposing
candidate's wife in a hospice is nothing short of obscene.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/05/22/two-more-arrests-in-cochran-photo-probe-in-mississippi/

--
PeterN

Giving photogs a bad name? Eric Stevens Digital Photography 9 May 20th 14 12:43 AM
Giving photogs a bad name? Savageduck[_3_] Digital Photography 4 May 18th 14 09:30 PM
Giving up. Pablo Digital Photography 56 November 7th 12 02:50 PM
Giving up Badasghan Lukacina APS Photographic Equipment 0 August 22nd 04 09:11 AM
Giving up Beneactiney Redgrave Film & Labs 0 August 21st 04 10:59 PM