Canon EOS 5D - successor this year?

Old July 12th 07, 03:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Donald Specker

Default Canon EOS 5D - successor this year?

Having opted to wait to buy a digital SLR, I'm now wondering if there will
be a successor to the 5D this calendar year. In the late winter/early
spring everyone was speculating on the new models, but nothing has shown up.
Thoughts on Canon's timeline?

Thanks.

Old July 12th 07, 05:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
just bob

"Donald Specker" wrote in message
Having opted to wait to buy a digital SLR, I'm now wondering if there will
be a successor to the 5D this calendar year. In the late winter/early
spring everyone was speculating on the new models, but nothing has shown
up. Thoughts on Canon's timeline?

Lots of rumors the 5D MkII is on it's way perhaps in the fall. If true, I
expect it to be priced about the same as when the 5D was released: $3200.

A non-pro friend has been waiting for full-frame prices to come down for two
years as he thought by now he'd get a full-frame for $1500. You see, he did
not want to make an investment in EF-S lenses. But finally he's given up and
decided to stay in the consumer line and get the EF-S 10-22mm for his 1.6x
crop body. Good choice, for him, IMO.

Old July 12th 07, 08:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Yoshi

"Donald Specker" wrote in message
Having opted to wait to buy a digital SLR, I'm now wondering if there will
be a successor to the 5D this calendar year. In the late winter/early
spring everyone was speculating on the new models, but nothing has shown
up. Thoughts on Canon's timeline?

Thanks.

I can think of few things more pathetic than obsessing about new Canon
DSLR's.

Old July 12th 07, 09:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
King Sardon

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 09:28:08 -0700, "just bob" kilbyfan@aoldotcom
wrote:

"Donald Specker" wrote in message
Having opted to wait to buy a digital SLR, I'm now wondering if there will
be a successor to the 5D this calendar year. In the late winter/early
spring everyone was speculating on the new models, but nothing has shown
up. Thoughts on Canon's timeline?

Lots of rumors the 5D MkII is on it's way perhaps in the fall. If true, I
expect it to be priced about the same as when the 5D was released: $3200.

A non-pro friend has been waiting for full-frame prices to come down for two
years as he thought by now he'd get a full-frame for $1500. You see, he did
not want to make an investment in EF-S lenses. But finally he's given up and
decided to stay in the consumer line and get the EF-S 10-22mm for his 1.6x
crop body. Good choice, for him, IMO.

The 10-22mm is an excellent choice. Anyway, you can do almost
everything with the smalller sensors that you can do with a 5D.

KS
Old July 13th 07, 03:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Kinon O'Cann

"Yoshi" wrote in message

"Donald Specker" wrote in message
Having opted to wait to buy a digital SLR, I'm now wondering if there
will be a successor to the 5D this calendar year. In the late
winter/early spring everyone was speculating on the new models, but
nothing has shown up. Thoughts on Canon's timeline?

Thanks.

I can think of few things more pathetic than obsessing about new Canon
DSLR's.

Is one of them actually giving a **** about someone else obessing about a
new DSLR?