New Guided Upright Tool

Old June 9th 16, 10:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Taylor

Default New Guided Upright Tool

On 09/06/2016 03:29, Tony Cooper wrote:
With the current threads about the value of the Adobe PS/LR
subscription, and the attempts to eliminate perspective distortion in
submitted photos, it's timely that Adobe has announced their new
Guided Upright tool:

http://petapixel.com/2016/06/08/adob...om-camera-raw/

It's available to subscribers of the package at no upcharge over the
$9.99 we've been paying. In the past, new tools and features were
only obtainable with costly upgrades to new versions.

We've had that feature in Autopano Pro for ten years (IIRC).

--
Cheers,
David
Old June 9th 16, 01:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-06-09 09:54:36 +0000, David Taylor
said:

On 09/06/2016 03:29, Tony Cooper wrote:
With the current threads about the value of the Adobe PS/LR
subscription, and the attempts to eliminate perspective distortion in
submitted photos, it's timely that Adobe has announced their new
Guided Upright tool:

http://petapixel.com/2016/06/08/adob...om-camera-raw/

It's

available to subscribers of the package at no upcharge over the
$9.99 we've been paying. In the past, new tools and features were
only obtainable with costly upgrades to new versions.

We've had that feature in Autopano Pro for ten years (IIRC).

However, I am pretty sure that you couldn't make those corrections to a
RAW file.

The new 'Guided Upright Tool' is a development of tools which have been
available in Photoshop since 2005 with PS CS2 when the 'Lens
Corrective' Filter was added. This correction could only be applied to
JPEGs or RAW files which had been procesed and were open in Photoshop.
With the release of CS6 in 2012 and PS CC in 2013 additional tools such
as the 'Adaptive Wide Angle' filter were added, still no way to apply
these corrections to RAW files.

The most important changes to ACR (Adobe Camera RAW) and Lightroom came
in late 2014 where the capability to make automatic lens correction and
perspective corrections to RAW files was a completely new feature. In
LR6 (2015) this was called the 'Upright Filter'. The new 'Guided
Upright' filter is just a feature added to the older filter.

Savageduck

Old June 9th 16, 02:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Taylor

On 09/06/2016 13:56, Savageduck wrote:
[]
[...]

Thanks! I missed the significance of "raw". It's not something I use.

--
Cheers,
David
Old June 9th 16, 03:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , David Taylor
wrote:

With the current threads about the value of the Adobe PS/LR
subscription, and the attempts to eliminate perspective distortion in
submitted photos, it's timely that Adobe has announced their new
Guided Upright tool:

http://petapixel.com/2016/06/08/adob...ht-tool-lightr
oom-camera-raw/

It's available to subscribers of the package at no upcharge over the
$9.99 we've been paying. In the past, new tools and features were
only obtainable with costly upgrades to new versions.

We've had that feature in Autopano Pro for ten years (IIRC).

no you didn't.

New Guided Upright Tool Bill W Digital Photography 0 June 9th 16 03:50 AM
Blur tool philo Digital Photography 18 January 18th 16 11:19 PM
A Different GDR Tool Savageduck[_3_] Digital Photography 39 March 8th 15 02:11 AM
Eureka Whirlwind Upright Vacuum [email protected] 35mm Photo Equipment 0 May 21st 09 05:17 AM
HELP please... do I have the right tool? [email protected] Digital Photography 0 April 23rd 07 03:50 AM