[stereograms] not your typical Sydney tourist photos

Old June 11th 08, 02:55 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Jeff R.

Default [stereograms] not your typical Sydney tourist photos

"Troy Piggins" wrote in message
* Jeff R. wrote :
The incredibly sophisticated system used to take them:
http://www.mendosus.com/jpg/stereo-rig.jpg

LOL
Simple, yet effective. Do you trigger them at the same time?

Yup.
Twin-index-finger method.

Mounted on tripod?

Nope.
Used up the tripod mounts! (hehe)

Apologies (but not much) if this is a repeat post.

Not for me Thanks for sharing.

ditto.

--
Jeff R.

Old June 11th 08, 06:59 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Matthew Winn

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 18:59:19 -0400, ASAAR wrote:

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 22:48:13 +1000, Troy Piggins wrote:

Hope you can see them. For me they're easy.

Very easy here too. What's a bit harder is to maintain focus
while zooming in. It would be nice if stereo viewing software
existed (using two images instead of one composite) that would make
it easy to zoom in and view any part of the image, instead of just
the central portion.

Stereo Photo Maker http://stereo.jpn.org/eng/stphmkr/ will do that
if you're on Windows or Mac. You can load an existing stereo image
and then zoom in and pan around.

It also allows conversion between different types of stereo image.

--
Matthew Winn
[If replying by mail remove the "r" from "urk"]
Old June 11th 08, 10:45 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

Top post or bottom post does it really matter?
What are you gonna do to Bob, kill him if he fails to comply with your
obsessive compulsive wishes?

Shh. Adults are talking.
Old June 12th 08, 12:42 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
ASAAR

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 18:59:27 +0100, Matthew Winn wrote:

Stereo Photo Maker http://stereo.jpn.org/eng/stphmkr/ will do that
if you're on Windows or Mac. You can load an existing stereo image
and then zoom in and pan around.

Thanks for the link. The interface will take some getting used
to, but it looks like it'll be worth the effort.

Old June 13th 08, 05:29 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
N[_3_]

"Smeeegles" wrote in message
Troy Piggins wrote:
Was down in Sydney on the long weekend and took a walk around The
Rocks. Thought I'd have some fun making some cross-eye
stereograms.

This was probably my fav. Just some beergarden:
http://piggo.com/~troy/photos/2008_0...239_stereo.jpg

This one I liked too. Anchor from Sirius - one of the First
Fleet ships:
http://piggo.com/~troy/photos/2008_0...179-stereo.jpg

Some others he
http://piggo.com/~troy/photos.php?al...ey_stereograms

Hope you can see them. For me they're easy.

These are really well done.
What is the technique?

Walking pano, of course!

Old June 13th 08, 10:36 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Troy Piggins[_14_]

Default not your typical Sydney tourist photos

* Helen wrote :
On Jun 10, 8:48*am, Troy Piggins wrote:
Was down in Sydney on the long weekend and took a walk around The
Rocks. *Thought I'd have some fun making some cross-eye
stereograms.

This was probably my fav. *Just some beergarden:http://piggo.com/~troy/photos/2008_0...rams/1280/img_...

This one I liked too. *Anchor from Sirius - one of the First
Fleet ships:http://piggo.com/~troy/photos/2008_0...rams/1280/img_...

Some others hehttp://piggo.com/~troy/photos.php?al...ey_stereograms

Hope you can see them. *For me they're easy.

Great work Troy. I enjoyed viewing them all.
Helen

Thanks Helen

--
Troy Piggins