Nikon D7000 is made in China, CHINA!!!

Old December 19th 10, 04:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Rich[_6_]

Default Nikon D7000 is made in China, CHINA!!!

shiva das wrote in
:

In article ,
Eric Stevens wrote:

On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 12:55:57 +0200, "G Paleologopoulos"
wrote:

Rich wrote:
I guess Nikon have given up trying to keep production out of the
land of Mao?

http://www.diytrade.com/china/4/prod...74/Nikon_D7000
_digital_camera.html

My D80 of four years was made in Thailand....

So was my D70.

For that matter, so was my previous Honda.

Eric Stevens

Has Nikon in fact been "trying to keep production out of the land of
Mao?" And if so, why?

Because their quality control is lacking? I don't care if the Japanese
camp-out in the factories, you don't get the same result as Made in
Japan.
Old December 19th 10, 05:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
shiva das

In article ,
Rich wrote:

shiva das wrote in
:

wrote:

Rich wrote:
I guess Nikon have given up trying to keep production out of the
land of Mao?

http://www.diytrade.com/china/4/prod...74/Nikon_D7000
_digital_camera.html

My D80 of four years was made in Thailand....

So was my D70.

For that matter, so was my previous Honda.

Eric Stevens

Has Nikon in fact been "trying to keep production out of the land of
Mao?" And if so, why?

Because their quality control is lacking? I don't care if the Japanese
camp-out in the factories, you don't get the same result as Made in
Japan.

Can you tell the difference between an image produced by a lens/body
made in China vs. made in Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, or The
Philippines, vs. made in Japan?

Just from the photo, not knowing beforehand where the camera/lens was
made?

If so please post two images, one from a Japanese-made rig and one from
a Chinese-made rig, stripped of exif data, so we can see the wisdom of
your vision.

Otherwise you are just blowing smoke.
Old December 19th 10, 02:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
peter

On 12/18/2010 10:39 PM, Rich wrote:
wrote in
:

On 12/18/2010 4:37 PM, Charles wrote:

"Eric Stevens" wrote in message

On Fri, 17 Dec 2010 18:25:54 -0600, wrote:

I guess Nikon have given up trying to keep production out of the
land of Mao?

http://www.diytrade.com/china/4/prod...74/Nikon_D7000
_digital_camera.html

Are you relying on the URL for that information

Good point, as I suspect diytrade is not the most accurate and up to
date source for this kind of information. Anyway, who cares?

The prejudiced communistic troll is simply trying to stir up
something.

And yet whose the one sticking up for the commie Chinese?

Why don't you answer my question and explain what you meant?

--
Peter
Old December 19th 10, 03:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
George Kerby

On 12/18/10 9:39 PM, in article
, "Rich"
wrote:

peter wrote in
:

On Fri, 17 Dec 2010 18:25:54 -0600, Rich wrote:

I guess Nikon have given up trying to keep production out of the
land of Mao?

http://www.diytrade.com/china/4/prod...74/Nikon_D7000
_digital_camera.html

Are you relying on the URL for that information

Good point, as I suspect diytrade is not the most accurate and up to
date source for this kind of information. Anyway, who cares?

The prejudiced communistic troll is simply trying to stir up
something.

And yet whose the one sticking up for the commie Chinese?

That is "who's", Herr McCarthy!

Old December 19th 10, 03:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
George Kerby

On 12/18/10 10:22 PM, in article
, "shiva das"

Rich wrote:

shiva das wrote in
:

wrote:

Rich wrote:
[...]

Yep, the Whacky Weed kind.

Old December 19th 10, 10:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Robert Coe

On Fri, 17 Dec 2010 18:25:54 -0600, Rich wrote:
: I guess Nikon have given up trying to keep production out of the land of
: Mao?
:
: http://www.diytrade.com/china/4/prod...al_camera.html

My God, Rich, that's horrible!! Please accept my heartfelt sympathy.
Those greedy Japanese! Next they'll be trying to **sell** those cameras to the
Chinese! Where will it all end? With the survival of Civilization so clearly
at stake, what can the rabble do to help? We'll boycott Nikon, of course, but
how much good will that do? Alackaday!

Bob
Old December 19th 10, 10:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Robert Coe

On Sun, 19 Dec 2010 08:20:19 -0500, peter
wrote:
: On 12/18/2010 10:39 PM, Rich wrote:
: wrote in
: :
:
: On 12/18/2010 4:37 PM, Charles wrote:
:
:
: "Eric Stevens" wrote in message
: ...
:
[...]

You can probably figure it out for yourself if you break down the terms he
uses. Take "the commie Chinese", for example. That's Andersonian jargon for
"the most ruthlessly capitalistic nation on earth".

Bob
Old December 19th 10, 10:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Tony Cooper

wrote:
[...]

When I was in Cuba on a government-sponsored visit 20-some years ago
one of the tour guides referred to Americans as "you running dog
capitalistic warmongers". It was such an over-the-top comment to make
on a tour bus full of Americans that I thought she was joking, but she
wasn't.

"Running dog", BTW, is a translation of the pejorative Chinese term
meaning lackey.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old December 19th 10, 11:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Robert Coe

On Sun, 19 Dec 2010 19:22:16 +0000, Bruce wrote:
: Rich wrote:
: On Dec 18, 11:22*pm, shiva das wrote:
: Can you tell the difference between an image produced by a lens/body
: made in China vs. made in Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, or The
: Philippines, vs. made in Japan?
:
: Just from the photo, not knowing beforehand where the camera/lens was
: made?
:
: If so please post two images, one from a Japanese-made rig and one from
: a Chinese-made rig, stripped of exif data, so we can see the wisdom of
: your vision.
:
: Otherwise you are just blowing smoke.
:
: On high-end products, I've often seen diffences between Japanese-made
: and Chinese made products.
:
:
: I remember when Japanese-made products were routinely criticised as
: junk on exactly the same basis - the same blind prejudice.

I'm a little older, so I remember when Japanese products *were* mostly junk.
But when they started to recover from WWII and decided to concentrate on
high-end products, the Japanese improved very quickly. Only the terminally
gullible will imagine that the Chinese, who include some of the smartest,
hardest working people on earth, can't do the same. If Japanese companies want
to do business with the Chinese (and who wouldn't?), they'd damn well better
have plants in China - because their inevitable Chinese competitors surely
will.

Bob
Old December 20th 10, 03:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
peter

On 12/19/2010 1:28 PM, Rich wrote:
On Dec 19, 10:06 am, John wrote:
On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 23:22:16 -0500, shiva
wrote:

In articleX7mdnSpcjbxs45DQnZ2dnUVZ_sCdn...@giganews. com,
wrote:

shiva wrote in
:

In ,
Eric wrote:

[...]

As long as they don't slip lead into the plastic, I see no problems.
It's a metal, though, so Rich might not be so sure.

I'm sure the Chinese will figure out a way to contaminate metal too,
they've done it for everything else from milk to toys.

You still have not answered my question.
what do you meant by genetics. Admit the truth for once in your sick life.

--
Peter