Nikon D7000 is made in China, CHINA!!!

Old December 18th 10, 01:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Rich[_6_]

Default Nikon D7000 is made in China, CHINA!!!

I guess Nikon have given up trying to keep production out of the land of
Mao?

http://www.diytrade.com/china/4/prod...74/Nikon_D7000
_digital_camera.html
Old December 18th 10, 01:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2010-12-17 16:25:54 -0800, Rich said:

I guess Nikon have given up trying to keep production out of the land of
Mao?

http://www.diytrade.com/china/4/prod...74/Nikon_D7000
_digital_camera.html

Darn! I guess you better not buy one then.

....Oh! I forgot, you weren't going to buy one, you just needed
something to bitch about.

Savageduck

Old December 18th 10, 02:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Eric Stevens

On Fri, 17 Dec 2010 18:25:54 -0600, Rich wrote:

I guess Nikon have given up trying to keep production out of the land of
Mao?

http://www.diytrade.com/china/4/prod...74/Nikon_D7000
_digital_camera.html

Are you relying on the URL for that information

Eric Stevens
Old December 18th 10, 11:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
G Paleologopoulos

Rich wrote:
I guess Nikon have given up trying to keep production out of the land of
Mao?

http://www.diytrade.com/china/4/prod...74/Nikon_D7000
_digital_camera.html

My D80 of four years was made in Thailand....
Old December 18th 10, 08:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Eric Stevens

On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 12:55:57 +0200, "G Paleologopoulos"
wrote:

Rich wrote:
I guess Nikon have given up trying to keep production out of the land of
Mao?

http://www.diytrade.com/china/4/prod...74/Nikon_D7000
_digital_camera.html

My D80 of four years was made in Thailand....

So was my D70.

For that matter, so was my previous Honda.

Eric Stevens
Old December 18th 10, 10:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
shiva das

wrote:

Rich wrote:
I guess Nikon have given up trying to keep production out of the land of
Mao?

http://www.diytrade.com/china/4/prod...74/Nikon_D7000
_digital_camera.html

My D80 of four years was made in Thailand....

So was my D70.

For that matter, so was my previous Honda.

Eric Stevens

Has Nikon in fact been "trying to keep production out of the land of
Mao?" And if so, why?
Old December 18th 10, 10:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Charles[_2_]

"Eric Stevens" wrote in message

On Fri, 17 Dec 2010 18:25:54 -0600, Rich wrote:

I guess Nikon have given up trying to keep production out of the land of
Mao?

http://www.diytrade.com/china/4/prod...74/Nikon_D7000
_digital_camera.html

Are you relying on the URL for that information

Good point, as I suspect diytrade is not the most accurate and up to date
source for this kind of information. Anyway, who cares?

Old December 19th 10, 12:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
peter

On 12/18/2010 4:37 PM, Charles wrote:

"Eric Stevens" wrote in message

On Fri, 17 Dec 2010 18:25:54 -0600, Rich wrote:

I guess Nikon have given up trying to keep production out of the land of
Mao?

http://www.diytrade.com/china/4/prod...74/Nikon_D7000
_digital_camera.html

Are you relying on the URL for that information

Good point, as I suspect diytrade is not the most accurate and up to
date source for this kind of information. Anyway, who cares?

The prejudiced communistic troll is simply trying to stir up something.

--
Peter
Old December 19th 10, 04:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Rich[_6_]

peter wrote in
:

On 12/18/2010 4:37 PM, Charles wrote:

"Eric Stevens" wrote in message

On Fri, 17 Dec 2010 18:25:54 -0600, Rich wrote:

I guess Nikon have given up trying to keep production out of the
land of Mao?

http://www.diytrade.com/china/4/prod...74/Nikon_D7000
_digital_camera.html

Are you relying on the URL for that information

Good point, as I suspect diytrade is not the most accurate and up to
date source for this kind of information. Anyway, who cares?

The prejudiced communistic troll is simply trying to stir up
something.

And yet whose the one sticking up for the commie Chinese?
Old December 19th 10, 04:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Rich[_6_]

Bruce wrote in
:

Rich wrote:
I guess Nikon have given up trying to keep production out of the land of
Mao?

http://www.diytrade.com/china/4/prod...74/Nikon_D7000
_digital_camera.html

Things could be much worse.

Imagine if the D7000 was made in Canada - it would just bitch and moan
and never produce any useful results. ;-)

You mean like those highly prized Leica lenses made in Midland, Ontario?
Yeah, that would scare me.