Learn from the Best Photographers in the World. We have DVDs.

Old February 21st 08, 04:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Default Learn from the Best Photographers in the World. We have DVDs.

Hi,

If you have a passion for photography, why not learn from the BEST? We
have the following DVDs at ATTRACTIVE discounted rates. Better prices
than what the others are selling at!

We have:

1. Gary Fong: How to Get Rich As a Photographer
2. Mike Colon: Reaching the High-End Bride DVD
3. Gino Lucadamo (all 5 volumes)
4. Jerry Ghionis (all 3 volumes)
5. Dean Colins
6. Masters of Wedding Photography 1 & 2
7. Joe Buissink DVD: Defining the Moment
8. Bambi Cantrell : The Definitive Guide to Comtemporary Wedding
Photography
9. How to Photograph the Bride Alone Flow Posing
10. How to Photograph the Bride and Groom Flow Posing
11. Ryan Schembri Debut
12. Ryan Schembri Freaking Out in Photoshop
13. Guy Gowan Adobe Photoshop Cosmetic Technique

Please visit our site for more visuals and information. We deliver
worldwide

http://www.veevideo.com
Old February 21st 08, 05:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Navas[_2_]

Spam alert. Complaint sent to Google Mail.

--
Best regards,
John Navas
Old February 21st 08, 09:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Feb 21, 12:03 am, John Navas wrote:
Spam alert. Complaint sent to Google Mail.

--
Best regards,
John Navas
Panasonic DMC-FZ8 (and several others)

This post is illegal merchandise.

Everyone knows that www.veevideo.com is selling pirated Videos
illegally.

Rest assured that if you are buying anything from this immoral company
you are not getting the real product.

If you wish to buy any of these products please respect copyright and
go directly to the sellers of these copyrighted materials.

www.VeeVideo.com is the worst thing for our industry and will pay
heavy fines in the end. They are being pursued aggressively for their
actions.

The Digital Wedding Pro series can only be purchased directly from
www.digitalweddingpro.com

Allison Lee
Marketing Manager
www.digitalweddingpro.com

Old February 21st 08, 12:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
HEMI - Powered[_2_]

This post is illegal merchandise.

Everyone knows that www.veevideo.com is selling pirated Videos
illegally.

Rest assured that if you are buying anything from this immoral
company you are not getting the real product.

If you wish to buy any of these products please respect
copyright and go directly to the sellers of these copyrighted
materials.

www.VeeVideo.com is the worst thing for our industry and will
pay heavy fines in the end. They are being pursued
aggressively for their actions.

The Digital Wedding Pro series can only be purchased directly
from www.digitalweddingpro.com

Allison Lee
Marketing Manager
www.digitalweddingpro.com

I do not know anything about this particular "service" but I have
been an "avid" fighter of piracy since my days of writing
shareware for the Apple ][ on CompuServe and for DOS 4.0 on a PC.
I figured if I didn't want my work stolen, I shouldn't steal
others so I simply don't.

It may be naive, but I still have the romantic view that if more
people obeyed copyrights on music and movies, we'd not have
nearly as high prices on CDs and DVDs, which are rising fast, nor
would there be a war between the IP owners and the pirates as
well as them who sell ripping or copying software. Too often, the
sophisticated copy protection causes legit buyers angst.

I strongly believe the same would be true of software such as
Windows and so many apps and utilites that use some version of
activation. Again, if we all bought what we use, I think prices
could drop because less resources would be devoted to fighting
the pirates and I think the software would be less buggy because
side-effect bugs from the copy protection or false positives from
things like Windoes Genuine Advantage or whatever. And, it would
allow buyers to use their copyright law guaranteed right to copy
ONE disc as a backup as well as allow legit buyers the
flexibility to reinstall when necessary or move - NOT copy - from
one PC to another.

I'd be interested in your views on this, and others views.

--
HP, aka Jerry

"Surely you jest - and don't call me Shirley!" - from the movie
"Airplane!"
Old February 21st 08, 02:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Navas[_2_]

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 12:57:38 GMT, "HEMI - Powered" wrote
in :

I do not know anything about this particular "service" but I have
been an "avid" fighter of piracy since my days of writing
shareware for the Apple ][ on CompuServe and for DOS 4.0 on a PC.
I figured if I didn't want my work stolen, I shouldn't steal
others so I simply don't.

Likewise, all the way back to mainframe software..

It may be naive, but I still have the romantic view that if more
people obeyed copyrights on music and movies, we'd not have
nearly as high prices on CDs and DVDs, which are rising fast, nor
would there be a war between the IP owners and the pirates as
well as them who sell ripping or copying software. Too often, the
sophisticated copy protection causes legit buyers angst.

My take is quite different -- while I don't condone infringement,
I think the practices of copyright owners are also to blame for the
widespread disrespect of copyrights, and that if copyright owners were
more reasonable and respectful of their customers, there would be far
less infringement. I'm particularly incensed by increases in length of
copyright protection, which I think are unfair, unreasonable, and
contrary to the whole notion of copyright protection, not to mention
having nothing to do with piracy.

I strongly believe the same would be true of software such as
Windows and so many apps and utilites that use some version of
activation.

Again, my take is quite different -- I think the practices of software
publishers are also to blame, notably the lack of quality, no right of
return, and disclaimers of warranty coverage. Way too many companies
are knowingly shipping crap because they know they can get away with it.
When you don't respect your customers, don't expect them to respect you.

Again, if we all bought what we use, I think prices
could drop because less resources would be devoted to fighting
the pirates

I seriously doubt that. In fact, I think prices would tend to rise
simply because piracy, like it or not, acts to keep prices down.

and I think the software would be less buggy because
side-effect bugs from the copy protection or false positives from
things like Windoes Genuine Advantage or whatever.

Again, I doubt it. As an active beta tester I know for a fact that many
companies deliberately ship products with known bugs, some of which are
quite serious.

And, it would
allow buyers to use their copyright law guaranteed right to copy
ONE disc as a backup as well as allow legit buyers the
flexibility to reinstall when necessary or move - NOT copy - from
one PC to another.

I see no evidence that copyright holders would be more reasonable in
their behavior. If anything, just the opposite.

Old February 21st 08, 05:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mr. Strat

In article
,
wrote:

1. Gary Fong: How to Get Rich As a Photographer
2. Mike Colon: Reaching the High-End Bride DVD
3. Gino Lucadamo (all 5 volumes)
4. Jerry Ghionis (all 3 volumes)
5. Dean Colins
6. Masters of Wedding Photography 1 & 2
7. Joe Buissink DVD: Defining the Moment
8. Bambi Cantrell : The Definitive Guide to Comtemporary Wedding
Photography
9. How to Photograph the Bride Alone Flow Posing
10. How to Photograph the Bride and Groom Flow Posing
11. Ryan Schembri Debut
12. Ryan Schembri Freaking Out in Photoshop
13. Guy Gowan Adobe Photoshop Cosmetic Technique

Gary Fong I've heard of, and years ago I met Dean Collins. But he's
dead now. Never heard of the rest of them.
Old February 21st 08, 06:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
HEMI - Powered[_2_]

John Navas added these comments in the current discussion du
jour ...

[...]

I don't think your view is inconsistent with mine, John. In fact,
I fully agree with you. Maybe the answer is a reasonable set of
actions and rules from both the IP owners and the customers to
each respect the other's rights, responsibilities, convience,
right to earn a living, right to have reasonable prices, etc.

I strongly believe the same would be true of software such as
Windows and so many apps and utilites that use some version of
activation.

Again, my take is quite different -- I think the practices of
software publishers are also to blame, notably the lack of
quality, no right of return, and disclaimers of warranty
coverage. Way too many companies are knowingly shipping crap
because they know they can get away with it. When you don't
respect your customers, don't expect them to respect you.

Same thing. If stores and SW houses allowed returns of
unprotected SW, then the remaining "pirates", i.e., us little
guys, would possibly/probably copy the CD/DVD and return the SW,
mighten they? Now, disclaiming warranty and bull**** EULA, yet
that is nonsense. In fact, a EULA is enforceable in court, to
some degree, but isn't a fully valid contract because the user
has no right to negotiate and must fully agree or not be able to
use the product. Again, reasonableness on both sides is necessary
until each has the confidence that the other isn't out to screw
them or jerk them around. So, I fully agree with you here also.

Again, if we all bought what we use, I think prices
could drop because less resources would be devoted to fighting
the pirates

I seriously doubt that. In fact, I think prices would tend to
rise simply because piracy, like it or not, acts to keep
prices down.

How does piracy keep prices down? I know someone, a relative, who
has 100% warez bootleg SW on his PC. That tends to drive prices
up IMO because the developers want a set level of return on
investment - although it may be UNreasonable to the customer at
today's prices - so they will jack up the price to cover the
perceived piracy. Now, if the threat is unfounded, then your
point is probably more valid than mine.

and I think the software would be less buggy because
side-effect bugs from the copy protection or false positives
from things like Windoes Genuine Advantage or whatever.

Again, I doubt it. As an active beta tester I know for a fact
that many companies deliberately ship products with known
bugs, some of which are quite serious.

You and I go way back, John, as you illustrated above. And, I
know from personal experience with software for many years,
including the early copy protection on the Apple, that it makes
the programmers job much more difficult and adds code/complexity
which makes alpha and beta testing more of a challenge. It CAN be
done, as you comment on, but what then explains the rising bugs
as more and more activation and other crap goes on, in addition
to more glitz and shorter debug time? The less crap code not
related to the purpose of the product means less bloat, faster
execution, faster installs, and in my experience (admittedly
older than yours) more chance for side-effect bugs to slip by.

And, it would
allow buyers to use their copyright law guaranteed right to
copy ONE disc as a backup as well as allow legit buyers the
flexibility to reinstall when necessary or move - NOT copy -
from one PC to another.

I see no evidence that copyright holders would be more
reasonable in their behavior. If anything, just the opposite.

Well, as things stand now, you're right. But, just like the
Israelis and Palistinians, at some point, you HAVE to negotiate.
Doesn't mean there's a peace treaty at the first Camp David
meeting or even after 10-20 years, but for both the IP owners and
the customers, a new paradigm is needed. As I mentioned above,
each "side" has to be willing to give a little to get a little
until the escalation in prices and piracy becomes de-escalation.
I doubt that's easy and may not happen in my lifetime, but I feel
that we'll never know if the SW and music/movie industry doesn't
use some sort of focus groups, panels, town halls, something to
get more in tune and in touch with their customers and be less
arogant. And, customers have to show their honesty more than I
perceive they are.

So, while you may disagree with me, I do not disagree that much
with you. I think you have many valid points and we should
combine our ideas somehow.

Have a great day!

Old February 21st 08, 07:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Navas[_2_]

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 18:00:45 GMT, "HEMI - Powered" wrote
in :

John Navas added these comments in the current discussion du
jour ...

I seriously doubt that. In fact, I think prices would tend to
rise simply because piracy, like it or not, acts to keep
prices down.

How does piracy keep prices down? I know someone, a relative, who
has 100% warez bootleg SW on his PC. That tends to drive prices
up IMO because the developers want a set level of return on
investment - although it may be UNreasonable to the customer at
today's prices - so they will jack up the price to cover the
perceived piracy. Now, if the threat is unfounded, then your
point is probably more valid than mine.

I think piracy keeps prices down because (a) copyright is a legal
monopoly and (b) lower prices serve to discourage piracy, as I've seen
firsthand. For example, if a kid has to shell out $18 for a CD just to
get one cut he likes, then he's more likely to forego purchase and just
copy it. Make that one cut easily available for purchase at $1, or drop
the entire CD price down to $10, and he's more likely to buy it.

I think it's a mistake to assume that piracy somehow has any real effect
on rate of return on investment -- there's no real evidence I know of
that any significant amount of piracy gets turned into increased sales
sufficient to offset the increased costs by copy protection. As pirates
often say, they just wouldn't be buying it.

Why then do copyright holders pursue copy protection? I think it's out
of a misplaced desire for control, in the hope of increasing revenue,
often by outrageous double-dipping. Why should a consumer that's bought
a CD have to pay again to have a ring tone of one of the cuts? Yet
that's just what the music giants want, and piracy has nothing to do
with it.

Economics teaches that competition drives prices down toward marginal
cost, but that doesn't apply to copyright since it's a legal monopoly,
and there often aren't real substitutes.

Again, I doubt it. As an active beta tester I know for a fact
that many companies deliberately ship products with known
bugs, some of which are quite serious.

You and I go way back, John, as you illustrated above. And, I
know from personal experience with software for many years,
including the early copy protection on the Apple, that it makes
the programmers job much more difficult and adds code/complexity
which makes alpha and beta testing more of a challenge. It CAN be
done, as you comment on, but what then explains the rising bugs
as more and more activation and other crap goes on, in addition
to more glitz and shorter debug time? The less crap code not
related to the purpose of the product means less bloat, faster
execution, faster installs, and in my experience (admittedly
older than yours) more chance for side-effect bugs to slip by.

My own take is that copy protection is only a minor factor in this mess,
that the major factors are massive code bloat, excessive complexity,
feature creep, poor quality management, and more concern with getting it
out the door than with getting it out the door right.

One case in point is Adobe Photoshop Elements 6, where Adobe has
actually said it delayed writing all the help and documentation until
after the code was written so that implementation could keep changing
until the last minute. Yikes! My take as a software quality
professional is that's absolutely the wrong way to go about it,
effectively backwards. The right way is to design the app properly,
with built-in quality, document it, and only then write the code, which
takes much less time and comes out with much better quality.

Older experience than me? My first code was written in 1960.
You?

I see no evidence that copyright holders would be more
reasonable in their behavior. If anything, just the opposite.

Well, as things stand now, you're right. But, just like the
Israelis and Palistinians, at some point, you HAVE to negotiate.
Doesn't mean there's a peace treaty at the first Camp David
meeting or even after 10-20 years, but for both the IP owners and
the customers, a new paradigm is needed. As I mentioned above,
each "side" has to be willing to give a little to get a little
until the escalation in prices and piracy becomes de-escalation.

I don't see this as customers having to give a little -- they've lost
too much already. I think what's needed is a return to a level playing
field -- the balance has tilted way too much toward copyright holders,
which I think has actually exacerbated the problem.

I doubt that's easy and may not happen in my lifetime, but I feel
that we'll never know if the SW and music/movie industry doesn't
use some sort of focus groups, panels, town halls, something to
get more in tune and in touch with their customers and be less
arogant.

I agree.

And, customers have to show their honesty more than I
perceive they are.

I think customers are basically honest, but perceive they are being
screwed, so bend the rules more than they normally would.

So, while you may disagree with me, I do not disagree that much
with you. I think you have many valid points and we should
combine our ideas somehow.

Agreed.

Have a great day!

You too!

Old February 21st 08, 07:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mr. Strat

In article , John Navas
wrote:

One case in point is Adobe Photoshop Elements 6, where Adobe has
actually said it delayed writing all the help and documentation until
after the code was written so that implementation could keep changing
until the last minute. Yikes! My take as a software quality
professional is that's absolutely the wrong way to go about it,
effectively backwards. The right way is to design the app properly,
with built-in quality, document it, and only then write the code, which
takes much less time and comes out with much better quality.

A software quality control professional?

Oh, that's hysterical!
Old February 21st 08, 07:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 2/21/08 11:05 AM, in article ,
"Mr. Strat" wrote:

In article
,
wrote:

1. Gary Fong: How to Get Rich As a Photographer
2. Mike Colon: Reaching the High-End Bride DVD
3. Gino Lucadamo (all 5 volumes)
4. Jerry Ghionis (all 3 volumes)
5. Dean Colins
6. Masters of Wedding Photography 1 & 2
7. Joe Buissink DVD: Defining the Moment
8. Bambi Cantrell : The Definitive Guide to Comtemporary Wedding
Photography
9. How to Photograph the Bride Alone Flow Posing
10. How to Photograph the Bride and Groom Flow Posing
11. Ryan Schembri Debut
12. Ryan Schembri Freaking Out in Photoshop
13. Guy Gowan Adobe Photoshop Cosmetic Technique

Gary Fong I've heard of, and years ago I met Dean Collins. But he's
dead now. Never heard of the rest of them.

But a guy named 'colon' talking about reaching for something might be
interesting...

DVcreators.net tutorial DVDs kinshin9 Digital Photography 0 May 8th 07 02:16 AM
Checking photos on DVDs MikeM Digital Photography 14 July 27th 06 05:24 PM
Burning DVDs Jeff Digital Photography 11 February 5th 05 05:04 PM
FS: Nikon D70 Trainings-DVDs sid derra Digital Photo Equipment For Sale 0 August 31st 04 12:01 AM
Archive quality DVDs ice Digital Photography 15 August 7th 04 04:19 AM