Durst 370 Enlarger problem

Old December 12th 06, 02:43 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
lihpphil

Default Durst 370 Enlarger problem

Hello

I have a Durst 370 BW with an anti-newton glass, a cache for black
margin (sixma) and an old Schneider Componon 50 4.0 (smaller skrew).
The AN glass is in the upper part of the neg. carrier and the cache in
the lower part. I do prints with the lens closed by two or three stops.

I have the following problem:

When I do prints 18x24 or 24x30 cm I observe gray area along the long
side of the image outside the black margin. Of course I can use the
feeder to remove them but I think I have some problem with my system
and I don't know the source (condenser, alignment, lens,...)

Thank you for answers.

Philippe

Old December 12th 06, 03:38 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
lihpphil

I can add a drawing of the problem: the ~~~~ represent the unwated gray
region. The width is around 1 mm on a 24x30 cm print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old December 12th 06, 08:39 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Hans

"lihpphil" schreef in bericht
ups.com...
Hello

I have a Durst 370 BW with an anti-newton glass, a cache for black
margin (sixma) and an old Schneider Componon 50 4.0 (smaller skrew).
The AN glass is in the upper part of the neg. carrier and the cache in
the lower part. I do prints with the lens closed by two or three stops.

I have the following problem:

When I do prints 18x24 or 24x30 cm I observe gray area along the long
side of the image outside the black margin. Of course I can use the
feeder to remove them but I think I have some problem with my system
and I don't know the source (condenser, alignment, lens,...)

Thank you for answers.

Philippe

Hallo Philippe,
Is this problem new, and only with thos 370?
It is possible that the problem is your easle , try to make a image with
another easle or without easle.
Greetings,
Hans

Old December 14th 06, 03:23 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
darkroommike

The carriers for most Durst enlargers have masking bands,
the gray areas you mention are probably formed by non-image
light, if you adjust the masking bands so that they cover
most of area of the carrier it may help. You can also mask
the top of the carrier--above the film but below the AN
glass with black paper to see if that helps.

If not you may need to adjust your lamp per the manual
and/or check to make sure you are using the right condenser
setup for your lens.

Last possible, it could be your lens, try to borrow another
lens of the same focal length.
darkroommike