Alternate discussion groups

Old December 6th 04, 05:03 PM
Largformat

Default Alternate discussion groups

There are several other large format discussion groups that might be worth
checking out

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/lfforum/
www.apug.org not just large format but there is a section devoted to lf
www.viewcamera.com and then go to the Forum section

Generally one will not find the vulgar and abusive posts much too prevelent
here on these other sites

steve simmons
Old December 6th 04, 08:22 PM
Charles Hohenstein

(Largformat) wrote:

There are several other large format discussion groups that might be worth
checking out

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/lfforum/
www.apug.org not just large format but there is a section devoted to lf
www.viewcamera.com and then go to the Forum section

Generally one will not find the vulgar and abusive posts much too prevelent
here on these other sites

steve simmons

I must say, it takes some cheek to employ Usenet to bash its own
newsgroups and attempt to divert discussion to a forum under Mr.
Simmons's personal control.

Charles Hohenstein
Old December 6th 04, 08:45 PM
Largformat

I must say, it takes some cheek to employ Usenet to bash its own
newsgroups and attempt to divert discussion to a forum under Mr.
Simmons's personal control.

Charles Hohenstein

One of the three is on my web site. The other two are completely independent of
View Camera magazine.

None of the three I mentioned has the abusive types of posts that are much too
freuent here. If you find the nonsense that goes on here to be sport stay and
enjoy it. If not you might want to know about other opportunities to get info
and have a serious discussion about lf.

The fat that people here complain about information being posted related to lf
photo seems totally absurd to me.

On the View Camera site I allow people to post references to other web sites
and I do not complain or delete them. It is simply that I believe in open
communication and allowing people to make their own choices.

steve simmons

steve simmons

steve
Old December 7th 04, 12:06 AM
jjs

"Largformat" wrote in message
I must say, it takes some cheek to employ Usenet to bash its own
newsgroups and attempt to divert discussion to a forum under Mr.
Simmons's personal control.

Charles Hohenstein

One of the three is on my web site. The other two are completely
independent of
View Camera magazine.

None of the three I mentioned has the abusive types of posts that are much
too
freuent here.

Steve, get a sense of the usenet world and humor, or perhaps consider
staying off usenet altogether. Clearly, it is not your kind of place. That's
what we call a 'clue'.

Old December 7th 04, 04:17 AM
Tom Phillips

jjs wrote:

"Largformat" wrote in message
I must say, it takes some cheek to employ Usenet to bash its own
newsgroups and attempt to divert discussion to a forum under Mr.
Simmons's personal control.

Charles Hohenstein

One of the three is on my web site. The other two are completely
independent of
View Camera magazine.

None of the three I mentioned has the abusive types of posts that are much
too
freuent here.

Steve, get a sense of the usenet world and humor, or perhaps consider
staying off usenet altogether. Clearly, it is not your kind of place. That's
what we call a 'clue'.

Rather, all he needs to do is employ his killfile...
Old December 7th 04, 07:29 AM
Stacey

Largformat wrote:

I must say, it takes some cheek to employ Usenet to bash its own
newsgroups and attempt to divert discussion to a forum under Mr.
Simmons's personal control.

Charles Hohenstein

One of the three is on my web site. The other two are completely
independent of View Camera magazine.

None of the three I mentioned has the abusive types of posts that are much
too freuent here.

You troll the group with the "Forum Response Critics" totally off topic
thread, call someone a liar and then have the gall to post this?

Am I the only person to notice the only time I see abusive posts is when
you're involved in the thread? As long as you stay away, things seem fairly
calm unless there is a crossposted digital thread and then the people being
abusive are from other newsgroups. All anyone has EVER asked is for you to
stop pointing people to your magazines website as an answer to their
question yet you seem to be unable to do this. Your new thing is to disrupt
the group with a troll post and then point people to your web discussion to
get away from this activity?

--

Stacey
Old December 7th 04, 07:30 AM
Stacey

Tom Phillips wrote:

Steve, get a sense of the usenet world and humor, or perhaps consider
staying off usenet altogether. Clearly, it is not your kind of place.
That's what we call a 'clue'.

Rather, all he needs to do is employ his killfile...

He wouldn't see many posters if he did..

--

Stacey
Old December 7th 04, 02:24 PM
Shelley

Am I the only person to notice the only time I see abusive posts is when
you're involved in the thread?

No, anyone who participates here for any length of time notices this. It's
incredibly ironic that he talks about all the abusive posts here when he's
the only person who generates them.

All anyone has EVER asked is for you to
stop pointing people to your magazines website as an answer to their
question yet you seem to be unable to do this.

He is perfect "able" to do it, he just won't do it because the sole reason
for his posts here is to promote his commercial ventures. He obviously
knows what's going to happen when he posts yet another one of his identical
canned responses but he doesn't care because just by the posting he's
accomplished his purpose. If the post then generates a thread like this one
so much the better form his standpoint, it just keeps attracting attention
to his magazine which is all he wants.

Old December 7th 04, 02:29 PM
Largformat

All anyone has EVER asked is for you to
stop pointing people to your magazines website as an answer to their
question yet you seem to be unable to do this. Your new thing is to disrupt
the group with a troll post and then point people to your web discussion to
get away from this activity?

I partly agree. Tgere are some people who frequent this group who have a
problem whenever I post anything. However, your post is also full of
misinformation.

I told people about three other discussion groups - only one of which I
cointrol.

I frequently post here and in other places info w/o mentioning my web site.

There is info, free info, on the view camera site that is helpful to people. I
get nates of thanks all the time.

No, the secret to this conflict resolution is for the 'select' few to realize
that this forum is not their personal backyard and to cease the abusive posts.
To disagree is one thing but it is possible for many people to disagree w/o
becoming abusive. I have suggested this many times.

Even my post about the other groups is labelled as trolling when in fact it is
giving people a choice. Let all of us know as much as we can and make our own
choices.

steve simmons
Old December 7th 04, 02:37 PM
Gregory Blank

In article G2jtd.2633$mn6.48@trnddc07, "Shelley"
wrote:

Am I the only person to notice the only time I see abusive posts is when
you're involved in the thread?

No, anyone who participates here for any length of time notices this. It's
incredibly ironic that he talks about all the abusive posts here when he's
the only person who generates them.

Not completely accurate, anyone taking issue on a continual basis is
equally to blame. I have stated in the past that I am not going to
defend anyone but myself at this point. I also raised the point that
one can kill file the thread any time one wishes, I am going to take that
advice, and kill file both this and the other related threads. FYI I
don't see you greatly contributing to this group in regard to promoting
or discussing LF photo, but for now because your relatively new I am not
going to kill file you like I have done with others posting more than
less baseless complaints.

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918