question about a Durst enlarger...

Old December 16th 04, 07:51 PM
Beppe Alborč

Default question about a Durst enlarger...

hi ! (excuse me for this question, but i'm a beginner)

i have a Durst F60 enlarger.
Naturally, there is the filter drawer, where i know i can put the contrast
filters for multigrade papers, but there's also a red filter, which is
integrated in the enlarger head, that can be used or not.
when i use it, turning a little red knob, the projected image becomes red.

i can't understand what's its task : maybe it is useful to project the image
onto the paper without exposing it ?

thanks for your answers, and excuse me for my english.......

Old December 16th 04, 08:08 PM
Nick Zentena

"Beppe Albor?" wrote:
filters for multigrade papers, but there's also a red filter, which is
integrated in the enlarger head, that can be used or not.
when i use it, turning a little red knob, the projected image becomes red.

i can't understand what's its task : maybe it is useful to project the image
onto the paper without exposing it ?

The red filter is supposedly so you can put the paper on the easel. Frame
and compose the print. I never use it on the one enlarger that has it and
I've never missed it on enlargers that don't. I figure sooner or later that
red filter would get me in trouble.

Nick

Old December 16th 04, 08:08 PM
Warren B. Hapke

"Beppe Albor?" wrote:
: hi ! (excuse me for this question, but i'm a beginner)

: i have a Durst F60 enlarger.
: Naturally, there is the filter drawer, where i know i can put the contrast
: filters for multigrade papers, but there's also a red filter, which is
: integrated in the enlarger head, that can be used or not.
: when i use it, turning a little red knob, the projected image becomes red.

: i can't understand what's its task : maybe it is useful to project the image
: onto the paper without exposing it ?

That's exactly what the red filter is for. On many enlargers, this filter
is on a small arm that swings in and out underneath the lens. I know it's
build into the enlarger head on a Durst M600, and perhaps on some other
Durst models. This allows you to check the positioning of the easel
before exposure.

Warren B. Hapke

: thanks for your answers, and excuse me for my english.......

Old December 16th 04, 08:11 PM
jjs

"Beppe Alborč" wrote in message

i can't understand what's its task : maybe it is useful to project the
image
onto the paper without exposing it ?

Exactly.

Old December 16th 04, 08:44 PM
Beppe Alborč

i ask this because my enlarger doesn't have the switch to turn the light on
or off.
i just insert the plug, and it turns on, i remove the plug and it turns
off....
can i use this red knob as a substitute of the switch, or may i have
problems ?
thanks for answers !!!
p.s. i don't own the timer !!!