EOS300/REBEL from U.S.

Old June 23rd 04, 07:29 AM
Darryl

Default EOS300/REBEL from U.S.

Has anyone bought photographic equipment from B&H etc to use in UK? Price is
so much cheaper, whats the catch? Is the warranty void?

Old June 23rd 04, 10:14 AM
AW

You have to add VAT (17.5%), Taxes(+/-6.7%) and shipping.

Old June 23rd 04, 01:49 PM
Orville Wright

"Darryl" wrote in message ...
Has anyone bought photographic equipment from B&H etc to use in UK? Price is
so much cheaper, whats the catch? Is the warranty void?

Go for the Sigma SD10 instead. Canon DSLRs are mediocre in image
quality, and downright ****ing ****ty in build. And they record all
images in monochrome. Sigma DSLRs are the only digital cameras to
record images in 3 color layers, just like film, due to the coveted
Foveon sensor.

The Sigma SD and SA camera lines generally do not require the use of a
tripod unless you are doing a long exposure over 1 second. Images are
always tack sharp. There is some mystery feature built into the Sigma
camera bodies that prevent camera shake. Of course, Sigma does not
need to brag like Canon or Minolta by throwing a "IS" or "AS" in front
of the camera.

Hope this helps,

-Orville
Old June 23rd 04, 02:02 PM
marlinspike

I want to block list orville, but I fear someone may read his post and not
realize he's a troll. so, just to let you know, orville writght is a troll;
take what he says with a large grain of salt.
Richard
"Orville Wright" wrote in message
om...

Old June 23rd 04, 02:03 PM
Phil Wheeler

Darryl wrote:

Has anyone bought photographic equipment from B&H etc to use in UK? Price is
so much cheaper, whats the catch? Is the warranty void?

That's the problem, I believe. Not sure whether a Mack International
warranty would fix this or not.

Phil

Old June 23rd 04, 02:30 PM
AW

There is a warranty due by the vendor!

It also seems Canon honours its warranty worldwide (see forums).

Old June 23rd 04, 02:48 PM
Richard Cockburn

(Orville Wright) wrote in
om:

The Sigma SD and SA camera lines generally do not require the use of a
tripod unless you are doing a long exposure over 1 second. Images are
always tack sharp.

Tack sharp, eh? You mean like this shot...

http://www.pbase.com/image/29850186

--
"Live fast. Die young." (Nikki Sixx)

-Richard Cockburn
Old June 23rd 04, 03:12 PM
Phil Wheeler

As I recall, the warranty card that came with my Digital Rebel says
US/Canada. Perhaps the 300D has an international warranty, though.

Vendor: Depends on the vendor, I suspect. I generally buy a Mack
international warranty.

Phil