"Use your viewfinder to avoid annoying those in the audience"

Old March 15th 11, 12:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
SMS

Default "Use your viewfinder to avoid annoying those in the audience"

Was at a concert last week at my kid's high school, and before it
started there were the usual requests to a) turn off your cell phones,
b) no flash photography, c) don't use LCDs on camcorders or cameras, use
the viewfinder.

As usual there were the annoying people in the audience recording the
entire performance with the LCD illuminated the whole time. I wonder if
the concertmaster even realized how few new P&S cameras and camcorders
even have a viewfinder any more.

Personally I wish they would just ban all photography and recording at
these performances, and enforce it. Most of the videos and photos are
exceedingly poor quality anyway because of the lighting, plus the school
offers a DVD of the whole performance for just a few bucks. If you want
a photo of your kid from the audience you can't get it without a D-SLR
with a good quality IS lens, but you can always go up to the stage after
the concert for photos.
Old March 15th 11, 12:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Outing Trolls is FUN![_5_]

On Mon, 14 Mar 2011 16:45:11 -0700, SMS wrote:

If you want
a photo of your kid from the audience you can't get it without a D-SLR

And annoy the hell out of everyone within 10 yards with all the obnoxious
slamming slapping mirrors and shutters that DSLRs must use. That's why they
were the very FIRST cameras to be banned from most all public performances.
You ****ingly stupid TROLL. Again you prove, without ONE doubt left, that
you've never used ANY camera in your lifetime. Nor ever been near one.

Tell us some more about those imaginary concerts you go to while living in
your mommy's basement. Just as imaginary as your trips to Yellowstone where
you helped to install a computer controlled geyser.

To anyone even considering what this SMS troll claims, EVER, do read the
following for fun. Read the kind of deranged imaginings that this
particular DSLR-Troll likes to invent and post on the net for attention.
It's worth another good laugh.

http://www.wifi-forum.com/wf/showpost.php?p=448381&postcount=101

Old March 15th 11, 06:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
SMS

On 3/14/2011 8:01 PM, Rich wrote:
On Mar 14, 7:45 pm, wrote:
[...]

Can't imagine the anxiety it must cause the retarded P&S'ers when they
have to figure out how to turn off the flash!!!

LOL, most would have no idea how to do this.

It was pretty funny to see one person in the audience with a Flip video
camera attached to a big tripod crammed in front of him. At least it has
no flash. Of course he ended up with a very poor quality video, but he
managed to annoy everyone around him.

They did allow flash photography between pieces, and most people
respected that rule. It's not just the flash either, it's all the
beeping and the shutter noise (both real and simulated).

Old March 15th 11, 07:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Outing Trolls is FUN![_5_]

On Mon, 14 Mar 2011 22:30:53 -0700, SMS wrote:

On 3/14/2011 8:01 PM, Rich wrote:
On Mar 14, 7:45 pm, wrote:
[...]

Ooo... Troll on Troll Action! Don't they sell this in some secret
ADULTS-ONLY room in the back?

LOL!

Old March 15th 11, 07:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Outing Trolls is FUN![_5_]

On 3/14/2011 8:01 PM, Rich wrote:
On Mar 14, 7:45 pm, wrote:
[...]

[Correction]

Ooo... Troll on Troll Action! Don't they sell this in some secret
KINDERGARTNERS-ONLY room in the back?

LOL!

Old March 15th 11, 02:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mr. Strat

In article , Outing Trolls
is FUN! wrote:

And annoy the hell out of everyone within 10 yards with all the obnoxious
slamming slapping mirrors and shutters that DSLRs must use. That's why they
were the very FIRST cameras to be banned from most all public performances.
You ****ingly stupid TROLL. Again you prove, without ONE doubt left, that
you've never used ANY camera in your lifetime. Nor ever been near one.

Oh yeah...those slapping mirrors are loud enough to wake the dead.

Go home to mommy, you moron.
Old March 15th 11, 02:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mr. Strat

In article , SMS
wrote:

Was at a concert last week at my kid's high school, and before it
started there were the usual requests to a) turn off your cell phones,
b) no flash photography, c) don't use LCDs on camcorders or cameras, use
the viewfinder.

As usual there were the annoying people in the audience recording the
entire performance with the LCD illuminated the whole time. I wonder if
the concertmaster even realized how few new P&S cameras and camcorders
even have a viewfinder any more.

I just shake my head when I see people using the LCD instead of the
viewfinder especially with DSLRs that have a live feed.
Old March 15th 11, 03:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 3/15/11 8:52 AM, in article ,
"Mr. Strat" wrote:

In article , SMS
wrote:

Was at a concert last week at my kid's high school, and before it
started there were the usual requests to a) turn off your cell phones,
b) no flash photography, c) don't use LCDs on camcorders or cameras, use
the viewfinder.

As usual there were the annoying people in the audience recording the
entire performance with the LCD illuminated the whole time. I wonder if
the concertmaster even realized how few new P&S cameras and camcorders
even have a viewfinder any more.

I just shake my head when I see people using the LCD instead of the
viewfinder especially with DSLRs that have a live feed.

Not to mention the chimping.

Old March 15th 11, 05:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
SMS

On 3/15/2011 7:03 AM, George Kerby wrote:

I just shake my head when I see people using the LCD instead of the
viewfinder especially with DSLRs that have a live feed.

Not to mention the chimping.

I don't notice much chimping any more. That seems to have diminished as
digital photography has become mainstream and users are less excited
about the quick feedback.
Old March 15th 11, 05:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Superzooms Still Win[_2_]

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 09:19:34 -0700, SMS wrote:

On 3/15/2011 7:03 AM, George Kerby wrote:

I just shake my head when I see people using the LCD instead of the
viewfinder especially with DSLRs that have a live feed.

Not to mention the chimping.

I don't notice much chimping any more. That seems to have diminished as
digital photography has become mainstream and users are less excited
about the quick feedback.

What all of you fool pretend-photographer trolls fail to realize, and that
which everyone who has one already knows, is that a camera with an EVF
avoids all these problems. Instant review in the viewfinder, if you set
that option for how long you want it (none, to brief flash, to several
seconds, or hold image-display by pushing a button). Though there's often
no need for that at all, as the very same image you see in the viewfinder
is what you'll get on your photo, framed 100% accurately I might add,
before you even snap the shutter in the first place. Real-time histogram
options overlaid in the viewfinder, you see them before you press the
shutter and all the while the viewfinder is enabled, if you have the
histogram feature enabled that is. AND if you want to use histograms at
all. Not much need for that when the whole viewfinder is already your
scene-histogram. No need to be chimping even for histogram checks.
Low-light situations perfectly visible in the viewfinder for precise
framing and focusing. If your EVF camera is equipped with IR modes then you
can even frame and focus on the stage after all the house-lights go dark
and before the curtains open. The whole camera stealthily silent too. You
have to listen to your camera very carefully in a quiet location to
determine if the shutter even clicked if you aren't paying attention to the
view in the viewfinder.

Isn't it fun to have only imaginary cameras in your pointy little trolls'
pretend-photographers heads? The only trouble with that, is you don't
realize that very popular REAL cameras have already supplanted all your
psychotic problems for over a decade now. That's why those cameras designs
are such huge sellers.