Ouch Nikon, OUCH!

Old April 15th 11, 02:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Rich[_6_]

Default Ouch Nikon, OUCH!

A 60% increase over the old one? My God, it's like 4 years of inflation
from the 1970s, all rolled into one price!!!

http://www.wolfcamera.com/product/RI541537072.htm?
utm_medium=cpa&utm_source=Shopping

Old April 15th 11, 02:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2011-04-14 18:25:24 -0700, Rich said:

A 60% increase over the old one? My God, it's like 4 years of inflation
from the 1970s, all rolled into one price!!!

http://www.wolfcamera.com/product/RI541537072.htm?
utm_medium=cpa&utm_source=Shopping

I think your math is a little off.

The old version, the AF 85mm f/1.4D IF is available for $1229.95.
A 60% mark up on that would be $1967.92 not $1699.95. That is a 38.22%
mark up on the new lens.
Unless you were thinking of the grey market lens for $999.95?
....and 60% on that would bring it to $1599.92.

....and there are a few differences other than the Yen-$ relationship,
there is the addition on a group, and an element in the new lens
bringing it up to 9/10 vs 8/9, also the update from a D to a G lens. I
think that $470 increase covers lens improvement and the exchange rate
issues.

Savageduck

Old April 15th 11, 02:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
LOL![_3_]

Default Fools' Gold! - was Ouch Nikon, OUCH!

On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 18:56:16 -0700, Savageduck

On 2011-04-14 18:25:24 -0700, Rich said:

A 60% increase over the old one? My God, it's like 4 years of inflation
from the 1970s, all rolled into one price!!!

http://www.wolfcamera.com/product/RI541537072.htm?
utm_medium=cpa&utm_source=Shopping

I think your math is a little off.

The old version, the AF 85mm f/1.4D IF is available for $1229.95.
A 60% mark up on that would be $1967.92 not $1699.95. That is a 38.22%
mark up on the new lens.
Unless you were thinking of the grey market lens for $999.95?
...and 60% on that would bring it to $1599.92.

...and there are a few differences other than the Yen-$ relationship,
there is the addition on a group, and an element in the new lens
bringing it up to 9/10 vs 8/9, also the update from a D to a G lens. I
think that $470 increase covers lens improvement and the exchange rate
issues.

Yet there's probably about $34 worth of materials, machining, and labor
involved in making one. Do none of you ever stop to think how a whole 20x
superzoom camera+lens, one that can easily beat the image quality of a 3x
zoom on a DSLR (need the URL to that test again?), can all be sold for
under $330 and still make a profit for all involved? Supplier + seller.

You're ****ing idiots, one and all.

And don't give me some easily-manipulated-moron's song and dance about R&D
costs. The software to create new lens designs makes it possible to do it
in one afternoon. I know, because I have several of those optics CAD
software packages that I play with on occasion just for fun. It's fun to
watch the software "decide" which lens formulations and configurations
create the least amount of coma and CA for a given focal-length
requirement. You even get to watch the 3D ray-tracing results of your
chosen light-wavelengths in real-time. Need your lens design optimized for
UV or IR instead? Input the wavelength requirements. Done.

The results are then fed to lens fabrication machinery. No different than
sending any CAD design to any milling machine. Instant lens elements. Like
sending a text-file to your printer, but lens elements pop-out as the
result instead of focusing-ring collars or lens-mounts. These software
packages even come complete with an extensive library of the properties of
every glass recipe that's been formulated and is readily available from
suppliers. Or the software can be used to even design new glass
formulations based on your required index of refractions or other
properties. Those results then sent to your blanks supplier. Only waiting a
short while for delivery until you can throw your new glass in the lens
fabrication unit.

How do you think that compact and superzoom cameras with new innovative
lens designs that can beat DSLR glass each year can be created and sold so
inexpensively, camera INCLUDED.

Companies who produce DSLRs definitely found the main artery and
mother-load of P.T. Barnum's fools who are born every minute. That's for
damn sure. Every lens you buy confirms it yet again--that only complete
morons support the DSLR industry.

They even brag how much they got taken for. The more it costs the more
proud they are about how much they got ripped-off. Like it's a badge of
honor to see who can be the most stupid and ignorant.

You have NO idea how ****ingly foolish you all look.

LOL!

Thanks! For the laughs.

But even more importantly, for how much money you ignorantly and stupidly
throw at these companies so they can come up with better compact and
superzoom cameras every few months. You are buying my cameras for me. Oh?
Didn't you know? That's also why they are so inexpensive. Every DSLR owner
has bought about 50 compact and superzoom cameras for everyone else in
their fools'-transaction.

Yes! Please buy MORE DSLR's and the outrageously overpriced glass needed to
make them the least bit useful! Then get turned away at the door when you
go to try to use it at the next public event that you want to photograph.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

Old April 17th 11, 10:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Ray Fischer

Rich wrote:
A 60% increase over the old one? My God, it's like 4 years of inflation
from the 1970s, all rolled into one price!!!

http://www.wolfcamera.com/product/RI541537072.htm?
utm_medium=cpa&utm_source=Shopping

It's called "capitalism".

Are you some kind of pinko commie?

--
Ray Fischer | Mendacracy (n.) government by lying

Old April 20th 11, 07:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
PeterN

On 4/17/2011 5:16 PM, Ray Fischer wrote:
wrote:
A 60% increase over the old one? My God, it's like 4 years of inflation
from the 1970s, all rolled into one price!!!

http://www.wolfcamera.com/product/RI541537072.htm?
utm_medium=cpa&utm_source=Shopping

It's called "capitalism".

Are you some kind of pinko commie?

I said that months ago.

--
Peter
Old April 23rd 11, 12:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
PeterN

On 4/14/2011 9:25 PM, Rich wrote:
A 60% increase over the old one? My God, it's like 4 years of inflation
from the 1970s, all rolled into one price!!!

http://www.wolfcamera.com/product/RI541537072.htm?
utm_medium=cpa&utm_source=Shopping

Find some meaningful employment, or don't buy one.

Exactly what is your point.

--
Peter
Old April 23rd 11, 12:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
PeterN

On 2011-04-14 18:25:24 -0700, Rich said:

A 60% increase over the old one? My God, it's like 4 years of inflation
from the 1970s, all rolled into one price!!!

http://www.wolfcamera.com/product/RI541537072.htm?
utm_medium=cpa&utm_source=Shopping

I think your math is a little off.

The old version, the AF 85mm f/1.4D IF is available for $1229.95.
A 60% mark up on that would be $1967.92 not $1699.95. That is a 38.22%
mark up on the new lens.
Unless you were thinking of the grey market lens for $999.95?
...and 60% on that would bring it to $1599.92.

...and there are a few differences other than the Yen-$ relationship,
there is the addition on a group, and an element in the new lens
bringing it up to 9/10 vs 8/9, also the update from a D to a G lens. I
think that $470 increase covers lens improvement and the exchange rate
issues.

Why bother pointing out facts to the commie troll.

He just ignores them. It seems obvious that these asinine postings
satisfy some deep seated psychological need.

--
Peter
Old April 23rd 11, 05:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Outing Trolls is FUN![_5_]

On 2011-04-14 18:25:24 -0700, Rich said:

[...]

Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the most clueless of them all ...