Dust spots on my pictures

Old March 25th 11, 05:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tony Cooper

Default Dust spots on my pictures

On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 23:28:12 -0500, Outing Trolls is FUN!
wrote:

On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 23:47:41 -0400, tony cooper
wrote:

On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 19:35:20 -0500, Superzooms Still Win
wrote:

On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 16:56:51 -0500, "Ron" wrote:

On Mar 23, 10:26 am, Savageduck
On 2011-03-23 07:48:31 -0700, JENNY said:

I have dust spots on some of my pictures that I shoot. It looks like
dust particles especially when I am shooting with a blue sky.
Wondering how I can get rid of them??

I have tried the sensor cleaning..no luck.

What DSLR are you using?

Have you done a "wet" clean of the sensor, or are you just using the
camera's sensor cleaning feature from the menu?

Occasionally, due to extreme weather, some condensation spot are
unavoidable, and can only be fixed by "wet" cleaning.

Here are a few suggestions for reading and cleaning tools:
http://www.cleaningdigitalcameras.com/
http://www.photosol.com/store/pc/home.asp
http://www.micro-tools.com/store/~/C...leaning-Suppli...

Just remember, to take things slow and do not panic. This is not rocket
science.

Savageduck

I use a Canon 30D. I have just used the sensor cleaner. No wet
cleaning. Is this pretty simple to do? I am worried about messing
things up?!?!?!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++
For years I cleaned the sensor in my 10D using Eclips solution and Pek-Pads.
My sensor was clean and I never had a problem. The first time I cleaned the
sensor of my 40D using the same method, I scratched the coating of the
filter over the sensor. Fortunately, the scratch is in a location that
doesn't present a problem unless I wanted to take a picture of nothing but
the sky at F11 to F22.

With stubborn spots you may want to take your camera to a camera store for
cleaning. I have paid as little as $35 and as much as $75 for cleaning the
sensor.

Ron

I've never had this problem with any favorite camera. Not even one shot,
let alone weeks of them, have ever been ruined by sensor crud. I've never
had to run all over trying to find someone to clean it for me and then pay
them some outrageous price to do so. I've never had to buy any specialty
cleaning products, nor learn how to use them so as to cause the least
amount of camera damage. Nor have I ever damaged any mirror,
focusing-screen, or sensor's surface while having to clean it. And I've
never lost any shots while taking time to clean it.

I wonder why that is .... hmmm .... sure is befuddling.

Quite possibly because your shots - like your rare moth - are so
out-of-focus and muddy that you couldn't tell bokeh from dust spots
anyway.

I never had a problem with dust on the sensor when I was using a
camera like yours, but I haven't used an Instamatic for many years.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Canon_PowerShot_SX10_IS/outdoor_results.shtml

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/kidding.shtml

http://darwinwiggett.wordpress.com/2009/11/11/the-canon-7d/

Before I open one of these links, which one(s) contain photographs
*you* have shot?

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old March 25th 11, 06:15 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Outing Trolls is FUN![_5_]

wrote:

On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 16:56:51 -0500, "Ron" wrote:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++
[...]

This one:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5228/5557426059_8584610547_b.jpg

Where I threw a fish that I had caught to a 12-footer that was nearby while
I was fishing, to see if the also nearby 15-footer would come over and
attack him for it. He did. And now you're lucky enough to have a scrap
thrown your way too. You get to see one of the shots just before the full
fight series. All shot from about 6-10 ft. away from them, mind you.

(Note: this is just one of the many scrapshots I had on an 550+shot photo
album online that I hastily put together for friends that wanted to see a
small representation of one of my 2-year wilderness treks. Though they got
to see the fight scenes too. I wasn't about to waste more time looking for
one that I had shot and posted for proper shadow just to make the miserable
lives of online mommy's-bedroom-living trolls like Phony-Cooper in any way
better.)

Now all you teeny-trolls get to fight over this scrap thrown your way.

LOL!!!!!

Also: Now counting off how many minutes and hours it will take for Vance
Lear, The 100%-Proven Photo-Thief, from posting this on one of his
web-pages as his own.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old March 25th 11, 01:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tony Cooper

wrote:

On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 16:56:51 -0500, "Ron" wrote:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++
[...]

I'll give you a "B-" on that one. Interest factor is good.
Composition is OK and better for having two gators in it. Cropping is
about right. Lack of sharpness and detail holds it back, but gators
make good photos without a lot of detail. The head of the gator with
the fish, and the fish, are not at all sharp.

What surprises me is that you say you were 6-10 feet away. That means
that you either have a very bad lens or that the distance was much
greater. If you can't get it tack-sharp within 6-10 feet of the
subject, you have an inferior lens or shot pretty wide open with the
point-of-focus misplaced...maybe on the back gator here.

These new zoos with the raised viewing areas are great, aren't they?
They let you get close to the animals without having to shoot through
fences.

Photographing gators in the wild is challenging with a 55mm lens. You
just can't get close enough to them. Not because you're nervous about
getting close, but because gators are surprisingly sensitive to your
presence and surprisingly agile about slipping into the water before
you get close.

Take a canoe down the Econolatchee River and you will see dozens of
gators, but at a distance before they slide into the water. During
mating season they are a little bolder, but the best photos are with a
200mm lens or so from across the river.

Captive gators, though, get accustomed to people getting close and
just ignore them. You can get 6-10 feet away and shoot down from the
boardwalk at places like Gatorland.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old March 25th 11, 03:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Outing Trolls is FUN![_5_]

wrote:

On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 16:56:51 -0500, "Ron" wrote:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++
[...]

Time for you to go get your prescription checked again. And to learn the
difference between sharpness and jpg artifacts. The shots weren't even
planned. I had an extra fish, the camera was laying on my fishing gear, the
gators were right next to me sunning. I thought I'd see what would happen
when I mixed them all together.

What surprises me is that you say you were 6-10 feet away. That means
that you either have a very bad lens or that the distance was much
greater. If you can't get it tack-sharp within 6-10 feet of the
subject, you have an inferior lens or shot pretty wide open with the
point-of-focus misplaced...maybe on the back gator here.

These new zoos with the raised viewing areas are great, aren't they?

Considering the only photos you have of you is floating in an aquarium-park
tank, I can see why you'd think everyone takes their photos that way. You
must howl when each new issue of Nat. Geo. comes out or Nature show on PBS.
Wondering what zoos they have all been to to get those shots.

LOL!

They let you get close to the animals without having to shoot through
fences.

Photographing gators in the wild is challenging with a 55mm lens. You
just can't get close enough to them. Not because you're nervous about
getting close, but because gators are surprisingly sensitive to your
presence and surprisingly agile about slipping into the water before
you get close.

You've not been around many gators much at all. Thanks for proving that.
Those were shot with a 38mm EFL lens.

Take a canoe down the Econolatchee River and you will see dozens of
gators, but at a distance before they slide into the water. During
mating season they are a little bolder, but the best photos are with a
200mm lens or so from across the river.

The more they are around human habitation, the more afraid they are of them
and therefore more skittish. In hunter's terms, they call that "being
tamed". Meaning any species of animal that is not afraid of a human is
dead. (You can thank me for that interesting bit of education, that you may
or may not have just received.) When a hunter considers a species "tamed"
it means that the only genetics that survive are those that fear humans.
Try going out into the 'glades where some lineages of gators have never
seen humans before, for many generations. They have not learned to fear
humans YET. And THAT is why you can get so close to them for photography.

YOU FREAKISHLY STUPID MORON.

You know *ABSOLUTELY* *NOTHING* ABOUT THE NATURAL WORLD, *NOR* PHOTOGRAPHY.

Go ahead, get some more photos from the front seat of your car that never
leaves any pavement. Then I can point out exactly why I know that about you
again and again and again.

LOL!

Old March 25th 11, 04:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tony Cooper

On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 10:21:18 -0500, Outing Trolls is FUN!
wrote:

[...]

Ah, the usual excuses...jpg artifacts, down-sized, throw-away shots.
You talk a good game, but you don't produce. When you do upload a
photo, you always have some excuse about why it isn't any good. You
natter on about your better shots, but have never shown that you can
actually produce better shots. Is it any wonder no one believes you?

The rest of us upload our photos to the Shoot-In or for any reason,
and take our lumps without excuses when they aren't well received.

Take a canoe down the Econolatchee River and you will see dozens of
gators, but at a distance before they slide into the water. During
mating season they are a little bolder, but the best photos are with a
200mm lens or so from across the river.

The more they are around human habitation, the more afraid they are of them
and therefore more skittish.

The opposite is true. Gators don't fear humans, they just
instinctively retreat from what they don't recognize as something
normally in their sphere. Tame gators, like you find in zoos and
attractions like Gatorland, ignore human movement because they've
become accustomed to humans.

Stick with moths. They let you get close enough to use your toy
camera. Eventually you'll come up with a good photograph.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old March 25th 11, 04:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Outing Trolls is FUN![_5_]

wrote:

[...]

Ain't you heard? Let me repeat it again for you ...

*I* *DON'T* *GIVE* *A* ****** *IF* *YOU* *BELIEVE* *ME* *OR* *NOT*.

*YOUR* *OPINION* *MEANS* *NOTHING* *TO* *ANYONE*. *ESPECIALLY* *NOT* *TO*
*ME*.

If anyone doubts what I say about compact and superzoom cameras equaling
and even besting DSLR crap, that can be verified by other parties. You
know, those links that you tried to evasively deny existing. These:

A 20X superzoom lens easily outperforming a 3x zoom on a DSLR:
http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Canon_PowerShot_SX10_IS/outdoor_results.shtml

A handheld compact camera rivaling the image quality of a medium format
Hasselblad, one that's even securely locked on a tripod and even when using
a cable release too:
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/kidding.shtml

Three-year old compact cameras beating the image quality of the latest
DSLRs being made:
http://darwinwiggett.wordpress.com/2009/11/11/the-canon-7d/

That burns you up so badly to know that no matter WHAT camera you buy, it's
NEVER going to make you into any kind of photographer.

YOU WILL NEVER FIND A CAMERA WITH A TALENT BUTTON ON IT, NO MATTER HOW WELL
IT IS MADE NOR HOW MUCH IT COSTS. GET THAT THROUGH YOUR POINTY LITTLE HEAD
ONCE AND FOR ALL.

LOL!

The rest of us upload our photos to the Shoot-In or for any reason,
and take our lumps without excuses when they aren't well received.

Take a canoe down the Econolatchee River and you will see dozens of
gators, but at a distance before they slide into the water. During
mating season they are a little bolder, but the best photos are with a
200mm lens or so from across the river.

The more they are around human habitation, the more afraid they are of them
and therefore more skittish.

The opposite is true. Gators don't fear humans, they just
instinctively retreat from what they don't recognize as something
normally in their sphere.

WRONG.

Tame gators, like you find in zoos and
attractions like Gatorland, ignore human movement because they've
become accustomed to humans.

Yes, the only kind you've ever been near. I can understand why that's the
only perspective you have of the natural world. Maybe you should just post
photos of your ticket stubs. They'd beat any photos you've ever taken of
any live subjects, that's for damn sure.

LOL!

Stick with moths. They let you get close enough to use your toy
camera. Eventually you'll come up with a good photograph.

Awww.... da po' widdle Phony Cooper Troll ran out of blanks to fire.

LOL!!!!!!

Old March 25th 11, 10:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
N[_9_]

On 26/03/2011, Outing Trolls is FUN! wrote:

*YOUR* *OPINION* *MEANS* *NOTHING* *TO* *ANYONE*. *ESPECIALLY* *NOT*
*TO* *US*.