GETTING SMALL WITH GARY FONG !

Old August 14th 07, 04:32 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

Default GETTING SMALL WITH GARY FONG !

Another great portrait shot with the Gary Fong Lightsphe

Old August 14th 07, 04:50 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Aug 13, 11:32 pm, Annika1980 wrote:
Another great portrait shot with the Gary Fong Lightsphe

2 words come to mind:
AWE-INSPIRING, MAGNIFICENT!
WOW, you outdid yourself Bret!
Helen

Old August 14th 07, 04:53 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Aug 13, 11:50 pm, wrote:
On Aug 13, 11:32 pm, Annika1980 wrote:

Another great portrait shot with the Gary Fong Lightsphe

2 words come to mind:
AWE-INSPIRING, MAGNIFICENT!
WOW, you outdid yourself Bret!
Helen

It's totally up to you whether you want to participate or not, but
someone mentioned a contest by National Geographic. Honestly, you
would blow the competition away!
Helen

Old August 14th 07, 06:23 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
John McWilliams

wrote:
On Aug 13, 11:32 pm, Annika1980 wrote:
Another great portrait shot with the Gary Fong Lightsphe

2 words come to mind:
AWE-INSPIRING, MAGNIFICENT!
WOW, you outdid yourself Bret!
Helen

One word: Gross.

--
john mcwilliams
Old August 14th 07, 10:13 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
PixelPix

On Aug 14, 1:53 pm, wrote:
On Aug 13, 11:50 pm, wrote:

On Aug 13, 11:32 pm, Annika1980 wrote:

Another great portrait shot with the Gary Fong Lightsphe

2 words come to mind:
AWE-INSPIRING, MAGNIFICENT!
WOW, you outdid yourself Bret!
Helen

It's totally up to you whether you want to participate or not, but
someone mentioned a contest by National Geographic. Honestly, you
would blow the competition away!
Helen

.....and then they would give the prize to someone else. :-(

I entered one once and the prize was a week long shoot in Sth America
with a NG photographer. Before they announced the winner they
contacted me from Singapore and said "We can't tell you that you have
won (wink wink), but we need a copy a full size copy of your image for
reproduction, a release to use the image, a copy of your passport and
confirmation that you would be available to travel on the required
dates."

They then asked for my email address and when I said the domain
(pixelpix.com.au) they said.... "Oh, you have a web site.... has this
image been posted online?" I said yes, but I had not sold it in
anyway. The response to that was "Ohhhh....." and that was it.

The next day they announced the winner and it wasn't me. :-(

I checked back through the comps terms and there was nothing to say
that a pro could not enter, nor did it say anything about the image
needing to be "secret squirrel" prior to the comp.

So if you enter a NG comp, be warned!

Old August 14th 07, 11:52 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Aug 14, 1:23 am, John McWilliams wrote:
wrote:
On Aug 13, 11:32 pm, Annika1980 wrote:
Another great portrait shot with the Gary Fong Lightsphe

2 words come to mind:
AWE-INSPIRING, MAGNIFICENT!
WOW, you outdid yourself Bret!
Helen

One word: Gross.

--
john mcwilliams

Why gross?
This is great stuff to an invertebrates lover.
Or perhaps you're talking about my comment?
I know I get too enthusiastic but it comes by honestly. When an image
moves me, I try to express my feelings because I know this is what I
would want. I give praise for outstanding work. A simple " great
job" isn't good enough IMHO.
Helen

Old August 14th 07, 03:03 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Pudentame

PixelPix wrote:
On Aug 14, 1:53 pm, wrote:
On Aug 13, 11:50 pm, wrote:

[...]

Should have read the contest rules. It's in there.

The one with the shoot in Guatemala:

• To qualify, photographs submitted must have been made in 2004 or 2005
and must not have been published.

The current contest:

Photographs must have been taken within three (3) years before the date
of entry, and must not have been previously published. An image that
combines the elements of more than one photograph or has elements
removed is not eligible. Minor burning, dodging and/or color correction
is acceptable.
Old August 14th 07, 03:25 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
John McWilliams

wrote:
On Aug 13, 11:32 pm, Annika1980 wrote:
Another great portrait shot with the Gary Fong Lightsphe
2 words come to mind:
AWE-INSPIRING, MAGNIFICENT!
WOW, you outdid yourself Bret!
Helen

One word: Gross.

Why gross?
This is great stuff to an invertebrates lover.

As are tight shots of tiny/huge/young/old genitalia to certain types of
perverts.

Or perhaps you're talking about my comment?
I know I get too enthusiastic but it comes by honestly.

You could "put a sock in it!"; you've become predictable.

When an image
moves me, I try to express my feelings because I know this is what I
would want. I give praise for outstanding work. A simple " great
job" isn't good enough IMHO.

Enthusiasm is great. Hyperbole tends to wear, though, and the more one
uses it, the less effect it has.

--
John McWilliams

It's no longer a man up or man down....It's a your company name here ®
Power Play....

Old August 14th 07, 03:38 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

wrote:
[...]

I say the same thing every morning when I thank God for that gorgeous
sunrise. Predictable, perhaps. But it's honest and from the heart.
I would much rather be too giving than be a cynic.
Helen

Old August 14th 07, 03:43 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

wrote:
[...]

And no, I don't put Bret up there with God. I've learned to
appreciate and love every bit of beauty that I happen to see, because
I know I will not be here long.
I know practically everyone on the newsgroup has the same opinion
about me. But that does not hinder me. The only way I will stop is
if Bret tell me to. If it becomes too predictable and too much
gushing for him, than I will indeed stop.
Helen