18TH CENTURY FOLK LOVE THE 20D

Old January 23rd 06, 12:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default 18TH CENTURY FOLK LOVE THE 20D

I thought I might try to fill in the gap while Bret's 20D is out of service.
Sorry they're not pics of Sandhill Cranes but I hope they will suffice.

Good luck in getting your 20D fixed Bret.

http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/54549398
http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/54549406
http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/54549419
http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/54549442
http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/54549449
http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/54549403

--

Rob
"A disturbing new study finds that studies are disturbing"

Old January 23rd 06, 03:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

"Robert R Kircher, Jr." wrote in message

I think that I speak for all us 18th Century folk when I say that, far from
'loving' the Canon 20D, we are all EXTREMELY ****ed off at being gawped at
by idle *******s with nothing better to do than photograph us as we go about
our daily lives.

It really is getting past a joke! - everywhere we turn there are silly
*******s with there camera trained on us, clicking and whirring away!

There's just no privacy at all! - only last week, Goodwife Fry had adjourned
to the old barn for a spot of fornication with Cecil (one of the
house-darkies) when, almost before Cecil could get his enormous tackle out,
she (Goodwife Fry) became aware of half a dozen tourists, all beaming and
smiling, and focussing their cameras on her unlaced bodice!

Shameful, that's what it is!

Likewise, old Jabeth (the Smithy) was telling me only yesterday that if he
gets one more **** with a camera wandering around his forge and getting in
the way, he'll put the sodding camera on his anvil and give it a taste of
his sledgehammer!

We're not animals in a zoo, you know! - so sod off, and leave us all in
peace!

Old January 23rd 06, 04:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

I thought I might try to fill in the gap while Bret's 20D is out of service.
Sorry they're not pics of Sandhill Cranes but I hope they will suffice.

I appreciate you taking up the slack during my slow week.
Your pics not only illustrate the 20D's excellent low light
performance, but also show off it's ability to go back in time. You
must have the latest firmware upgrade. Is that done with a Custom
Function?

Old January 23rd 06, 05:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Annika1980 wrote:
I thought I might try to fill in the gap while Bret's 20D is out of service.
Sorry they're not pics of Sandhill Cranes but I hope they will suffice.

I appreciate you taking up the slack during my slow week.
Your pics not only illustrate the 20D's excellent low light
performance, but also show off it's ability to go back in time. You
must have the latest firmware upgrade. Is that done with a Custom
Function?

No, he make a common mistake and set the time and date on the camera
wrong. It turns out there are unexpected consequences when you miss
set the date on the 20D. Canon has been trying to fix the problem but
has been keeping it quiet in the meantime.

Scott

Old January 23rd 06, 10:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Robert R Kircher, Jr. wrote:
I thought I might try to fill in the gap while Bret's 20D is out of
service. Sorry they're not pics of Sandhill Cranes but I hope they
will suffice.
Good luck in getting your 20D fixed Bret.

http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/54549398
http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/54549406
http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/54549419
http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/54549442
http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/54549449
http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/54549403

I always appreciate the opportunity to see your pictures.

It's obvious that these folk—and you—were enjoying them/yourselves. In
spite of what you might hear in the whinging of one or two malcreants.

Thanks,

--
Frank ess

Old January 24th 06, 12:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

This guy looks like George W. Bush in drag:

http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/54549466

Old January 24th 06, 01:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

"Frank ess" wrote in message
Robert R Kircher, Jr. wrote:
I thought I might try to fill in the gap while Bret's 20D is out of
service. Sorry they're not pics of Sandhill Cranes but I hope they
will suffice.
Good luck in getting your 20D fixed Bret.

http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/54549398
http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/54549406
http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/54549419
http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/54549442
http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/54549449
http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/54549403

I always appreciate the opportunity to see your pictures.

It's obvious that these folk—and you—were enjoying them/yourselves. In
spite of what you might hear in the whinging of one or two malcreants.

Well thank you Frank, I appreciate the complement. I have to be honest, I
am particularly proud of many of the images in that gallery. There are a
bunch, however, that need to be pruned. I just haven't gotten around to it.

Old January 24th 06, 01:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

"AlanW" wrote in message
Hi Rob,

Your photos are great! I live in Williamsburg. Your photos reminded me
of the things I often take for granted here. You captured the mood and
essence of our18th century community. Well done!

Alan

Thanks Alan. My family and I love to go down there and we visit often. It
may not be this way for you since you live there but I find it a very
relaxing place to go for a few days and the kids love to run around the
restored area.

Old January 24th 06, 01:15 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

"Annika1980" wrote in message
ups.com...
I thought I might try to fill in the gap while Bret's 20D is out of
service.
Sorry they're not pics of Sandhill Cranes but I hope they will suffice.

I appreciate you taking up the slack during my slow week.

I have two words for you... Vertical Grip!!! ;-)

Your pics not only illustrate the 20D's excellent low light
performance,

Yes I was very impressed and pleased with the low light performance of both
the camera and the 50mm f/1.8 lens. The combo has very quickly become one
of my favorites. BTW None of the images have gone though any noise
reduction as evident in the few ISO3200 images.

but also show off it's ability to go back in time. You
must have the latest firmware upgrade. Is that done with a Custom
Function?

It's actually a not so well known Russian firmware hack. ;-)

Old January 24th 06, 01:15 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 14:20:47 -0800, "Frank ess"
wrote:

Robert R Kircher, Jr. wrote:
I thought I might try to fill in the gap while Bret's 20D is out of
service. Sorry they're not pics of Sandhill Cranes but I hope they
will suffice.

I took four shots of Sandhill Cranes today, but none good enough to
post links to here. They were good enough to make the point that I
was trying for: Sandhill Cranes are very placid birds that don't seem
to fear humans.

The cranes were on a green of the golf course I live on. The cranes
were there when the golfers chipped on, and the cranes remained on the
green while the golfers putted out. Not that big a green.

I couldn't really get into the position I wanted to frame the cranes.
It would have disturbed the golfers who were lining up their putts.
The cranes handle intrusion in their space better than golfers do.

--

Tony Cooper
Orlando, FL