Copal 3 Mounting ring with 1 or 0?

Old January 19th 06, 09:11 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format

Default Copal 3 Mounting ring with 1 or 0?

I have a Copal 3 shutter, it has a "female" plate that is attached to the
wood lens board, that the shutter screws into Will a Copal 1 and/or 0 screw
into this ring...i.e. same size/thread's. Would be nice to have 1 lens
board with multiple lenses. It's and older Burke/James monorail that I made
a wooden lens board for and had to attach the "screw plate".

thanks.--
Dave
Arlington WA

Old January 19th 06, 12:31 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format

In article , Dave A.
wrote:

I have a Copal 3 shutter, it has a "female" plate that is attached to the
wood lens board, that the shutter screws into Will a Copal 1 and/or 0 screw
into this ring...i.e. same size/thread's. Would be nice to have 1 lens
board with multiple lenses. It's and older Burke/James monorail that I made
a wooden lens board for and had to attach the "screw plate".

Nope, sorry... The Copal 3 shutter is much larger than the 1 and 0.

Personally, I feel that it would be a bit of a hassle trying to thread
in shutters in the field, even if they did interchange. Much easier to
just have a board for each and just put 'em in the front of the camera.

raoul
Old January 21st 06, 04:18 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format

I suppose some LF repair man could make you a set of adapters so that all
your lenses would screw into one board. I have a rather damaged example of
an alternative that used to be offered, I picked it up for it's curiosity
value. It looks like an oversized iris and was made so that you could mount
and clamp in place lenses with shutters. The iris would mount on your one
lens board. All such things seem rather screwball, and I shudder to think
of swapping out big glass. Lensboards are cheap.

--
darkroommike

Old January 23rd 06, 07:28 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format

Such things were made in the old days. You can find them
occasionally for sale. SK Grimes has a page showing a
few examples:
http://www.skgrimes.com/inter/