Delta 3200

Old April 6th 04, 01:01 PM
moda

Default Delta 3200

Did you make the prints or look at negs only ?

I made prints from them and they were contrast-less and hard to print.

The times given by Ilford are definitely too short. More realistic is to

use times for 6400 or shot at 1600 and use times for 3200.

I use the times for 3200 + 3-4 minutes

I will try ID11 and Ilfotec DD-X. I love trying new developers!

Thaks for the answer.

Moda

Old April 6th 04, 03:20 PM
wkg

Użytkownik "moda" napisał w wiadomo¶ci
. ..
Did you make the prints or look at negs only ?

I made prints from them and they were contrast-less and hard to print.

The times given by Ilford are definitely too short. More realistic is to

use times for 6400 or shot at 1600 and use times for 3200.

I use the times for 3200 + 3-4 minutes

I will try ID11 and Ilfotec DD-X. I love trying new developers!

My time for DD-X is 11 min and for ID-11 1+0 12 min in 20 Celcius.
Remember using distilled water for the chemicals, always one shot ... also
agitation is important. I agitate vigorously for the first 30 sek and than
10sec every minutes inversion.

wkg

Old April 6th 04, 08:16 PM
John

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 12:02:20 +0200, "moda" wrote:

I have developed some Delta 3200@3200 (Ilford) in Rodinal (not the bedst for
the job), HC-110 and Kodak T-Max. I have extended the development time and
agitated a litte more than usual.
the negs are still too thin....any recommendation on another developer?

Microphen.

Regards,

John S. Douglas, Photographer - http://www.darkroompro.com
Please remove the "_" when replying via email
Old April 6th 04, 10:49 PM
Dan Quinn

"moda" wrote

I love trying new developers!

There are very few "new" developers. I think Ilford's DD-X is the
most recent well knowen on the market. Rodinal is the most ancient.
At least a few who post to this NG know of some good developers
which are no longer marketed.
If you really like testing out "new" brews you should invest in
some chemicals and equipment for Homebrewing. More than a few do.
Many, many, formulas can be compounded from a half-dozen
chemicals. There really is'nt anything magic about
off-the-shelf developers. Dan
Old April 7th 04, 08:56 AM
moda

I love trying new developers!

There are very few "new" developers. I think Ilford's DD-X is the
most recent well knowen on the market. Rodinal is the most ancient.
At least a few who post to this NG know of some good developers
which are no longer marketed.
If you really like testing out "new" brews you should invest in
some chemicals and equipment for Homebrewing. More than a few do.
Many, many, formulas can be compounded from a half-dozen
chemicals. There really is'nt anything magic about
off-the-shelf developers.

To me more than few developers on the market are new to me. I am half newbee
but knows quite a bit already. I will soon start to make my own developers
which I think would be fun. Thanks for the tip.

Moda

Old April 7th 04, 10:25 PM
Jakub Roguski

moda napisał(a):

Hi

I have developed some Delta 3200@3200 (Ilford) in Rodinal (not the bedst
for the job), HC-110 and Kodak T-Max. I have extended the development time
and agitated a litte more than usual.
the negs are still too thin....any recommendation on another developer?

Moda

Try Tetenal Ultrafin Plus 1+4 at 9 minutes for rotary processing or 14
minutes with 4 tank inversions during first 10 seconds of every minute if
you don't use rotary processor. I'm just looking at my Delta 3200 developed
this way (rotary processing) and it has good contrast.

Best regards
Jakub