Underwater Photography - Fish Database Project

Old June 29th 06, 01:32 AM posted to rec.photo.technique.nature

Default Underwater Photography - Fish Database Project

I've recently started a new project to provide a databaes of fish
and coral photographs online, to help make it easier identifying
fish from all over the world. My Father has been an amateur
underwater photographer for many years and i've more recently
joined in, having learned to dive a few years back.
I've often sturggled to find pictures online or in all the reference
books, so as a programmer decided that a more organized collection
of pictures that is readily browsable by everyone, could be a great
resource online. It's set up and running with about 200 of our own
pictures entered, but we need your help.
Have a look and if you have any pictures of fish that we don't already
have in our database, or you have a better quality picture of a fish
we already have, pleaes join up and submit your photographs. If
you know the common name and latin names, all the better, but if
not, we will do our best to add all the missing information.
For any that we fail to identify, we plan on having a "Most Wanted"
list, where you can help us out in identifying the fish.

It's completely free to sign up and submit your photos, as underwater
photography is a passion of mine and not work, so please join.

Once you've registered you can also rate the photos, so that when
I get around to writing the code there will be a top10 photos page,
allowing new users to have a quick look at the best photos in
the database.

The site is:
http://www.fishdb.co.uk

If you have more than just a couple of photos to submit, you can
zip them together and provide a list of information about them
and send it to

You will need to register on the site still and let us know your
username
when you submit photos, so that we can give you full credit for the
pictures.

I would love this site to grow to have at least one picture of as
many different species from as many different locations as possible
all over the world. I've already had so much pleasure from just
reviewing all our own old pictures as I entered them into the database!

Regards,
Dave

http://www.fishdb.co.uk