fast and free 4up prints

Old August 10th 04, 05:59 PM
zuuum

Default fast and free 4up prints

Looking for a freeware program or plug-in to print 4 photos 3.5x5" in
landscape on 8.5x11 sheets. BUT the 4 photos are all different files. I
have about 350 of these things to spit out in the next few hours. Any help
or leads appreciated.

Thanks

Old August 10th 04, 06:12 PM
Tony Spadaro

You can do it in Photoshop or any other image editor that allows the use of
layers.

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

Old August 10th 04, 07:08 PM
zuuum

"Tony Spadaro" wrote in message
r.com...
You can do it in Photoshop or any other image editor that allows the use

of
layers.

Manually opening and combining 350 files in groups of 4 is out of the
question with the deadline. I need something that will batch the process,
reading 4 at a time from a directory until they have all been output as
300dpi, 8.5x11"files. All the files are landscape mode. The output files I
am hoping to burn to cd for printing.

Old August 10th 04, 07:45 PM
Gene Palmiter

my printer driver software does this....HP 722c....are you sure yours does
not?
Might be part of WinXP. Photoshop has the thumbnailing....bit more haste and
hard to size.

news

Old August 10th 04, 08:57 PM
Michael Meissner

"zuuum" writes:

"Tony Spadaro" wrote in message
r.com...
You can do it in Photoshop or any other image editor that allows the use

of
layers.

Manually opening and combining 350 files in groups of 4 is out of the
question with the deadline. I need something that will batch the process,
reading 4 at a time from a directory until they have all been output as
300dpi, 8.5x11"files. All the files are landscape mode. The output files I
am hoping to burn to cd for printing.

It is not free, but I recall the price was fairly cheap (and there is a free
trial period, but I don't think you can do all 350 files in one shot without
buying the license), but I believe Qimage does this:

http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage/

Note, I don't use Qimage myself since I normally use Linux instead of Windows,
but a lot of people like it. Under Linux, I would use ImageMagick's montage
command. ImageMagick is free software, and its web site is (a Windows port
should be available):

http://www.imagemagick.org/

I would use the command (in command line mode):

montage -tile 2x2 -geometry 1600x1200 -bordercolor black -borderwidth 10 /input/*.jpg /output/foo.jpg

Where /input is the input directory with the 350 files, and /output is where
you want the outputs. Montage will make foo.jpg.1, foo.jpg.2, etc. You may
have to rename these later if windows needs the .jpg extension. You might have
to break up the files to a smaller number if 350 files is too large for your
command line interpreter.

--
Michael Meissner
email:

Old August 14th 04, 07:05 PM
Blade Runner

This could be late.
The software comes with Canon i560 can do what you want.
The honest way is to buy a i560 and use it.
The other way is to return it back to Walmart/Target/Fry's and FORGOT to
uninstall the software.
You can also search Canon web site to see if you can download it for FREE.

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 16:59:28 GMT, "zuuum" wrote:

=Looking for a freeware program or plug-in to print 4 photos 3.5x5" in
=landscape on 8.5x11 sheets. BUT the 4 photos are all different files. I
=have about 350 of these things to spit out in the next few hours. Any help
=or leads appreciated.
=
=Thanks
=