Storing to disc & reliability

Old December 29th 07, 09:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
QUAKEnSHAKE

Default Storing to disc & reliability

Any help would be appreciated.
Ive tried 5 dvd-r discs still no satisfactory results.
I tried just "data" save to disc and burnt disc reads that it has 4gb on
it but when I open Edrive then "File" the file in thumbnail view I get
for example "img.1234" click on it get "not processing" and no picture.

Old December 29th 07, 09:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Dec 30, 7:28 am, (QUAKEnSHAKE) wrote:
Any help would be appreciated.
Ive tried 5 dvd-r discs still no satisfactory results.
I tried just "data" save to disc and burnt disc reads that it has 4gb on
it but when I open Edrive then "File" the file in thumbnail view I get
for example "img.1234" click on it get "not processing" and no picture.

Is this mac or PC? Comments below assume PC..
Does it truly say "not processing" and nothing else???
When you click (don't you mean double click?) on images on the C:
drive, do they load properly, and into what program?
Are these .jpg files?
Have you ever successfully burnt a DVD before?
What burning software (if any) are you using, and have you tried
another?
Did you read its manual and help files?
Does the software include a 'test-burn' function?
Does the software include a verify function?

It sounds to me like you simply need an experienced PC-geek to help
you to burn DVDs successfully.
Old December 31st 07, 06:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
QUAKEnSHAKE

From:
On Dec 30, 7:28 am,
Is this mac or PC? Comments below assume PC.. Does
it truly say "not processing" and nothing else??? When you
click (don't you mean double click?) on images on the
C: drive, do they load properly, and into what program?
Are these .jpg files?
Have you ever successfully burnt a DVD before? What burning
software (if any) are you using, and have you tried
another?
Did you read its manual and help files?
Does the software include a 'test-burn' function? Does the software
include a verify function?
It sounds to me like you simply need an experienced
PC-geek to help you to burn DVDs successfully.

Hi
Windows XP2

jpg files

In upper left there is folder symbol & name In my case name is
2007-03-02
I click Thumbnail "once" not twice its setup as point&click not
click,click.

Then next to name shows (Not Responding) I was incorrect with the "not
processing" .

But yes Im on E:\ drive for all this my DVD+-RW CD-RW ROM drive.

If a picture was to load it would come up in Windows Explorer.

I have burnt to CD-R successfully with CanonZoombrowser (cd is all that
does)and Roxio 6 CD&DVD Creator not DVD-R but its like the same process
(click drag burn) just different disc so this is where I dont know what
I may be doing wrong.
There is a Verify
Burning at 2x
30 minutes later
The DVD-R gets info burned to it but just wont get read.

Well THANKS
I guess Ill try to find a geek at work :-)