nikon d80 to d200 lense interchangibility.....

Old September 2nd 07, 03:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
~^ beancounter ~^

Default nikon d80 to d200 lense interchangibility.....

i have a d80 and three lenses...i want to upgrade the body to
a d200...can i do this and keep my lenses and fully functioning
features? or, should i sell the d80 and lenses..as i may need
a new set to go along w/the d200...

Thank You !!!

Old September 2nd 07, 03:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
acl

On Sep 2, 6:06 am, ~^ beancounter ~^ wrote:
i have a d80 and three lenses...i want to upgrade the body to
a d200...can i do this and keep my lenses and fully functioning
features? or, should i sell the d80 and lenses..as i may need
a new set to go along w/the d200...

Thank You !!!

Hi,
Your lenses will certainly work on the D200, too...

Old September 2nd 07, 03:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
~^ beancounter ~^

thanx for the quick response...so...no problems w/auto
meters, focus, and other auto features, ea? thanx...
i will look at just swaping out body's...

Old September 2nd 07, 03:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
acl

On Sep 2, 6:12 am, ~^ beancounter ~^ wrote:
thanx for the quick response...so...no problems w/auto
meters, focus, and other auto features, ea? thanx...
i will look at just swaping out body's...

Well, to be 100% sure, which lenses are we talking about?

Old September 2nd 07, 06:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dimitris M

...so...no problems w/auto
meters, focus, and other auto features, ea? thanx...
i will look at just swaping out body's...

Well, to be 100% sure, which lenses are we talking about?

Why? Do you know even one lens, of any manyfacturer that fits D80 but no
D200?

--
Dimitris M

Old September 2nd 07, 06:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
cjcampbell

On Sep 1, 7:06 pm, ~^ beancounter ~^ wrote:
i have a d80 and three lenses...i want to upgrade the body to
a d200...can i do this and keep my lenses and fully functioning
features? or, should i sell the d80 and lenses..as i may need
a new set to go along w/the d200...

Thank You !!!

I cannot imagine any lens that works on the D80 that will not work
exactly the same on a D200.

Old September 2nd 07, 01:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sosumi

"Gisle Hannemyr" wrote in message
~^ beancounter ~^ writes:
thanx for the quick response...so...no problems w/auto meters,
focus, and other auto features, ea? thanx... i will look at just
swaping out body's...

None whatsoever.
All the features of your D80 lenses will work exactly the same
on a D200.

The only thing that puzzles me is why you want to replace the
D80 with a D200 now? IMHO, the D80 is a very capable camera.
The successor of the D200, called D300, has just been announced,
and will (supposdly) be available in shops in November, but will
probably be in short supply until January. Why don't you
keep using your D80 until January, and then get the D300?

There is of course nothing wrong with the D200, but on paper
at least, the D300 looks even better. In particular the new
AF module looks sweet.. Since you already own a very good
camera, you should not be in a hurry to replace it (but it
is your money).

Agreed 100%. I downgraded from the D80 to the D40 to wait for the D300.
Don´t forget: 2 x lifeview, 3" VGA screen, 6.5 to 8 fps, etc.

Old September 2nd 07, 02:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Ruether

"cjcampbell" wrote in message ups.com...
On Sep 1, 7:06 pm, ~^ beancounter ~^ wrote:

i have a d80 and three lenses...i want to upgrade the body to
a d200...can i do this and keep my lenses and fully functioning
features? or, should i sell the d80 and lenses..as i may need
a new set to go along w/the d200...

I cannot imagine any lens that works on the D80 that will not work
exactly the same on a D200.

In addition, the D200 can meter with MF Nikkors, of which
there are many excellent ones available at good prices used
(and the D80 cannot meter with these...).
--
David Ruether

http://www.donferrario.com/ruether

Old September 2nd 07, 03:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
acl

On Sep 2, 9:24 am, "Dimitris M" wrote:
...so...no problems w/auto
meters, focus, and other auto features, ea? thanx...
i will look at just swaping out body's...

Well, to be 100% sure, which lenses are we talking about?

Why? Do you know even one lens, of any manyfacturer that fits D80 but no
D200?

No, I remembered people discussing old (pre-AI) lenses fitting onto
the D40 but not on other models, and got confused.

Old September 2nd 07, 07:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
~^ beancounter ~^

" Since you already own a very good camera, you should not be in a
hurry to replace it (but it
is your money). "

hummm...good point.....i will give that some thought....the stpe up in
features from 200 to
300 is significant, ea?

On Sep 2, 2:41 am, Gisle Hannemyr wrote:
~^ beancounter ~^ writes:

[...]

- gisle hannemyr [ gisle{at}hannemyr.no -http://hannemyr.com/photo/]
Sigma SD10, Kodak DCS 14n, Canon Powershot G5, Olympus 2020Z