Anyone have experience with the Nikon P80?

Old May 20th 08, 09:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
DudeBoyz

Default Anyone have experience with the Nikon P80?

Wondering if this is going to be a breakthrough product or just
another semi-ok camera with a CCD that's too small to handle the
10.1 mp detail.

Opinions?

Thanks

Old July 1st 08, 01:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Not4wood

Uh sorry, do you mean the Nikon D80 which is of course the DSLR?

If you do, its not new and was released last August I believe. Its a great
camera and I've had it since right before last Thanksgiving. The sensor is
very nice, is a full featured Digital SLR and can shoot in both Raw and JPG.

I have the 18-135mm and I just purchased the Nikor 70-300VR and I've been
playing with this combo for a bit. I've been shooting in Aperture, Shutter
Priorities and also full Manual and this camera can do it all.

The only complaint I have is a typical Nikon Problem, the lenses are not
cheap. To compare this camera you have to go to a Canon XTI which is also a
very nice full featured do everything camera. But, and this is important
before you purchase anything go out and hold the cameras. What felt good in
someones hands might not feel good in yours. You can go to any Camera Shop
and they will let you hold the cameras. I had intended to buy a Canon XTI
as my first choice but when I held the camera in my hands I didn't like it
or the Olympus version as well. Dont forget the Pentax which is also a nice
camera. Put them in your hands and play, use all the switches and Knobs and
make sure there comfortable for you.

One other thing, Nikon in most of there cameras as well as the Canon's uses
the Compact Flash Memory Card, but the Nikon D80 uses the SD Card. The
newer Nikon's the D3 as well as the D300 uses the Compact Flash as well. If
you use one over the other at this point in time this may sway you of what
to buy.

Good Luck, and keep us informed of what you decided.

Not4wood

wrote in message
On May 20, 4:18 pm, "DudeBoyz" wrote:
Wondering if this is going to be a breakthrough product or just
another semi-ok camera with a CCD that's too small to handle the
10.1 mp detail.

Opinions?

Thanks

Hi Dude,

I'm not a so call profesional photographar, but just an ordinary guy
who take picture now and then. Used to have Olympus u810 but was
stolen couple month back. now, looking for new camera.
Got interested in this new NikonP80 with 10.1 mp, zoom at 18x optical
with reasonable price. Even with my previous olympus i'm still getting
alot of picture noise, which i'm still trying to understand why and
how it happen (i'm a beginner) especially with low light places.
So this Nikon P80 with it 18x optical zoom will it give the same
capability of DSLR picture. To own a DSLR camera like D40 kit is ok
interm of the price, but when come to buy the lenses...there you go
whopping cost involve, so try to get rid of this unnecessary cost. I
know that P80 will never get me where I wanted as per DSLR but I hope
it will give some control of what I'm taking. I still have a lot of
question here, but let me reserve it first, is it a worth buy compared
to other compact camera like my previous Olympusu810?