Cloning tool oddity

Old December 3rd 06, 12:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Stewy

Default Cloning tool oddity

Folks

I downloaded a number of National Geographic wallpapers last week.
Some, while beautiful, were not square and I rotated some of them. As I
was trying to retain the wallpaper ration (1024x768) I started cloning
in the narrow triangles at each corner. However the tool would only
clone in monochrome.
Is there some kind of protection here or how do I get my tool to clone
properly?
Old December 3rd 06, 12:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mick Harris

"Stewy" wrote in message
Folks

I downloaded a number of National Geographic wallpapers last week.
Some, while beautiful, were not square and I rotated some of them. As I
was trying to retain the wallpaper ration (1024x768) I started cloning
in the narrow triangles at each corner. However the tool would only
clone in monochrome.
Is there some kind of protection here or how do I get my tool to clone
properly?

Is the clone tool "Mode" set to normal, on the toolbar?

Old December 3rd 06, 02:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Stewy

In article ,
"Mick Harris" wrote:

"Stewy" wrote in message
Folks

I downloaded a number of National Geographic wallpapers last week.
Some, while beautiful, were not square and I rotated some of them. As I
was trying to retain the wallpaper ration (1024x768) I started cloning
in the narrow triangles at each corner. However the tool would only
clone in monochrome.
Is there some kind of protection here or how do I get my tool to clone
properly?

Is the clone tool "Mode" set to normal, on the toolbar?

Dang! You're right! It was set to Luminosity.

Many thanks!
Old December 3rd 06, 04:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mick Harris

"Stewy" wrote in message
"Mick Harris" wrote:

"Stewy" wrote in message
Folks

I downloaded a number of National Geographic wallpapers last week.
Some, while beautiful, were not square and I rotated some of them. As I
was trying to retain the wallpaper ration (1024x768) I started cloning
in the narrow triangles at each corner. However the tool would only
clone in monochrome.
Is there some kind of protection here or how do I get my tool to clone
properly?

Is the clone tool "Mode" set to normal, on the toolbar?

Dang! You're right! It was set to Luminosity.

Many thanks!

No probs, it's easily overlooked, Iv'e done it myself enough times :-)
ATB
Mick

drebel oddity Hoot Digital SLR Cameras 1 July 7th 06 10:27 AM
Nikon D50 brochure oddity RichA Digital SLR Cameras 1 June 12th 06 07:01 PM
CF card-reader oddity Rich Digital Photography 2 March 20th 06 10:43 PM
Here's an oddity robax Large Format Photography Equipment 4 March 7th 05 10:19 PM
Here's an oddity robax Large Format Photography Equipment 0 March 5th 05 01:50 PM