Questionable listing on eBay - BLACK NIKON SP

Old September 21st 04, 03:23 AM
Thad Smith

Wildwood wrote:

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 20:27:54 GMT, in alt.marketing.online.ebay
"Darrell" wrote:

I have over 100 positive feedback, 100% PERFECT, no neutrals, nothing. When
I deal with someone that has no feedback I ask them to ship it to me then I
will pay.(before I bid)

And sellers are stupid enough to agree to this?

It sounds as though both parties were satisfied. What's your beef?

All you should receive in a case like this is the e-mail and pop-ups
from eBay signifying the first step in the non-paying bidder report
and a place in the seller's blocked bidder list.

As Darrell indicated, he makes his request before bidding. If the seller refuses, no bid, so the non-paying bidder
situation doesn't come up unless the seller reneges on his agreement.

When I get it (I have every time) I pay them
promptly and give them their first well deserved feedback.

I know I've done this at least a half a dozen times. Why do you think I am a
scammer?

Because you are insisting on changing the standard eBay terms (and
possibly the terms of the auction) after making a bid.

My understanding is that eBay encourages correspondence between potential buyers and sellers to understand the item and
make any needed term agreements for a successful transaction. eBay is basically a meeting place, where consensual
buyers and sellers come together. If there is no meeting of terms, they don't transact. If one doesn't live up to his
agreement and doesn't cure the situation, that may be matter of fraud, etc. That apparently hasn't occurred with
Darrell.

The seller's terms and eBay's policies are there for a reason, and you
may not change them after you bid just because you feel like it.

Well, sure, they are good recommendations to get people started. Once you have experience at the game, you can change
the terms, as long as the other parties is willing.

My theory is, what's the point of the trustworthiness system of feedback, if
you can't look at it and trust someone? I have never gotten burned. I am
at no risk, I'm honest, why shouldn't I do this?

If the answer is not self-evident, then eBay is CLEARLY not the
correct venue for you.

eBay appears to be working successfully for him AND the sellers. I suspect eBay appreciates collecting the transaction
fee. It is not evident to me why such successful experiences aren't appropriate.

Thad

Old September 21st 04, 05:25 PM
Darrell Larose

"Bigolhomo" wrote in message
On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 20:27:54 GMT, "Darrell"
wrote:

I have over 100 positive feedback, 100% PERFECT, no neutrals, nothing.

When
I deal with someone that has no feedback I ask them to ship it to me then

will pay.(before I bid) When I get it (I have every time) I pay them
promptly and give them their first well deserved feedback.

I know I've done this at least a half a dozen times. Why do you think I

am a
scammer?

My theory is, what's the point of the trustworthiness system of feedback,

if
you can't look at it and trust someone? I have never gotten burned. I

am
at no risk, I'm honest, why shouldn't I do this?

You're confusing honest with stupid. If you can find people to agree
to this, more power to you, but it's not because they're honest I can
tell ya that much.

You really think ebay feedback is an indication of a person's
character? What an honest assumption to make.

So if feedback is the only requirement, how does a new buyer or sell use
eBay? Many eBay frauds start with the con artist building his/her rating by
selling small items, or by buying small items. They get let's say a 100%
feedback on 30 items. They can now pull the sting.

Old September 21st 04, 10:57 PM
William Graham

"Darrell Larose" wrote in message
.cable.rogers.com...

wrote:

[...]

So the feedback ratings should be multiplied by the dollar value of the
transactions.....IOW, they should have the units of positive dollars, or
negative dollars......

Old September 26th 04, 05:37 AM
Bigolhomo

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 16:25:35 GMT, "Darrell Larose"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

What does this have to do with a seller sending an item before payment
is sent?

Bigolhomo