waterproof camera

Old May 30th 17, 09:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

Default waterproof camera

On 2017-05-30 12:09, Tony Cooper wrote:
On Tue, 30 May 2017 11:23:39 -0400, Alan Browne

On 2017-05-29 20:36, m-m wrote:
In climates where there is no danger of snow weight, the screens are so
appreciated.

I imagine they reduce the sun load (sun burns) as well ...

The negative effect is that the water in an enclosed pool takes longer
to warm up. The screen blocks the sunlight.

Diverter valve at the filter output to push a portion of the water to a
rooftop heat collector will take care of that handily.

--
"If war is God's way of teaching Americans geography, then
recession is His way of teaching everyone a little economics."
Old May 31st 17, 02:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 2017-05-30 16:09:22 +0000, Tony Cooper said:

snip

It's the law here in Florida, and probably in other states. A fence
or a screened-in pool enclosure is required by law. There must be
some barrier between pool and yard to prevent some toddler from
falling in the pool.

So it isn't to keep those Florida alligators out of the pool?

At one time we were considering buying a winter home on Sanibel, which
was substantially below the going rate for similar homes. My
investigation disclosed that the house had been built on an alligator
nest, and the gators kept returning, breaking through the screen. we did
not buy.

A screened-in pool enclosure allows you to be on the pool deck without
being bothered by mosquitoes and other insects, and prevents a lot of
debris from getting in the pool, but the underlying reason is that
it's a law to have it protected.

The doors to my pool enclosure have handles about 5 feet off the
ground so a child can't open the door.

Tell that to a smart child with an inquiring mind. There is always a way.

Sadly you are right.

--
PeterN
Old May 31st 17, 02:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 5/30/2017 5:43 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
On Tue, 30 May 2017 16:29:20 -0400, Alan Browne

On 2017-05-30 12:09, Tony Cooper wrote:
On Tue, 30 May 2017 11:22:37 -0400, Alan Browne

On 2017-05-29 18:49, Tony Cooper wrote:
On Mon, 29 May 2017 18:03:43 -0400, Alan Browne

On 2017-05-29 15:26, m-m wrote:
In article , -hh
wrote:

I've had GoPro users tell me that the quality of its stills are
pretty underwhelming.

Don't think so.
Here's one example from a shaky drone:
http://mhmyers.com/new/IMG_5716.JPG

Why are the pools enclosed? (mosquitoes?).

If he's looking for a camera that will shoot underwater, the fact that
the pool is enclosed has nothing to do with it. He's not going to be
shooting underwater from a drone.

Can it be Tony that I'm asking a question about the content of the
image. Curiosity and all that? So why are the pools enclosed?

It's the law here in Florida, and probably in other states. A fence
or a screened-in pool enclosure is required by law. There must be

Sure. Here too. I'm more interested in the complete surrounding.

some barrier between pool and yard to prevent some toddler from
falling in the pool.

A screened-in pool enclosure allows you to be on the pool deck without
being bothered by mosquitoes and other insects, and prevents a lot of
debris from getting in the pool, but the underlying reason is that
it's a law to have it protected.

The underlying legal reason doesn't require full covering - just a
compliant fence, doors, latches, etc.

It's the top cover I was most interested in.

I have never seen a pool screen enclosure that is open at the top.
And, I don't expect to.

I suspect Alan was talking about a pool cover that either sits right on
the water, or just above it. In the more northerly areas they are used
to warm up the pool; and prevent cooling by evaporation.

--
PeterN
Old May 31st 17, 03:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
m-m

In article , Alan Browne

On 2017-05-29 20:36, m-m wrote:
In climates where there is no danger of snow weight, the screens are so
appreciated.

I imagine they reduce the sun load (sun burns) as well ...

Yes. The sun is much hotter outside the screen.

As an aside, did you ever wonder how they replace a torn screen panel
on the top? The panels last about 5 years before they start to
deteriorate.

The repairman walks and hops across the beams to replace the screens. I
once asked, "did you ever fall into a pool?"
He said, "once, but there wasn't any water in it."
Here's 30 seconds of him in action:
http://mhmyers.com/new/htsm.mp4

--
m-m
www.mhmyers.com
Old May 31st 17, 02:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PAS[_2_]

On 2017-05-29 15:26, m-m wrote:
In article , -hh
wrote:

[...]

Could be. Rarely seen down here. I understand that pool covers are
often put on in late fall and removed in the spring up north.

Memorial Day weekend seems to be the time most people I know remove
their covers and get their pools ready for summer. The covers keep all
sorts of muck from getting in the pool over the fall and winter.

On 2017-05-29 15:26, m-m wrote:
In article , -hh
wrote:

[...]

Depends on the pool. A winter cover, to keep out dirt and snow, is not
the same as a removable cover, that keeps the water n the pool warm.

--
PeterN