The Nik Plugin Collection is now free.

Old May 4th 17, 08:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Gray_Wolf

Default The Nik Plugin Collection is now free.

https://www.google.com/nikcollection/products/viveza/

I've been using Viveza for years. Neat and easy fix for local contrast/color
problems
without masking

Old May 4th 17, 08:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article , gray_wolf
wrote:

https://www.google.com/nikcollection/products/viveza/

I've been using Viveza for years. Neat and easy fix for local contrast/color
problems
without masking

Yeah! The Goog wrote:

"Nik Collection by Google
Public
Mar 24, 2016
Today we’re making the Nik Collection available to everyone, for free."

Read the full post he

https://plus.google.com/+NikCollection/posts/AFGsG2Di7EK

Make sure that you disable the the Goog Updater. Just to keep your
computer yours:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=disable+google+updater+osx&ia=web
--
teleportation kills
Old May 4th 17, 02:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2017-05-04 07:26:46 +0000, gray_wolf said:

https://www.google.com/nikcollection/products/viveza/

I've been using Viveza for years. Neat and easy fix for local
contrast/color problems
without masking

Yup! There are a whole bunch of us here who use the NIK Collection.
Some of us paid full price before the separate NIK apps/plugins were
bundled into "The Collection". None of them was inexpensive To buy all
of what makes up today's NIK Collection you would be spending north of
$500. Back then NIK had great support. Today Google has zero, nil,
nada, software customer support. As TD would say, "sad".

I find myself using the NIK apps less, and less in my workflow other
than the times there are specific things I know will work for a
specific job I know how to do quickly using one or more of the
Collection.

While the NIK Collection is free it's days are numbered. Once Google
completed the buyout, and rebranded the software they got rid off all
the NIK coders and support staff. Google has little interest in any
futher development, or support of this once great software. They got
what they wanted from NIK, the mobile (iOS/Android) editing app
"Snapseed", and turned the NIK Collection into "Abandonware". However,
for now it still does a pretty good job, but I wouldn't get too fond of
it as there are much better third party standalone and
editing/enhancement apps/plugins, and the NIK Collection's days are
numbered.

....but if you don't plan to update your computer/OS beyond the point
NIK will no longer be supported, it is a great deal, and still does a
good job. For now.

Savageduck

Old May 4th 17, 03:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Savageduck wrote:

While the NIK Collection is free it's days are numbered. Once Google
completed the buyout, and rebranded the software they got rid off all
the NIK coders and support staff. Google has little interest in any
futher development, or support of this once great software. They got
what they wanted from NIK, the mobile (iOS/Android) editing app
"Snapseed", and turned the NIK Collection into "Abandonware". However,
for now it still does a pretty good job, but I wouldn't get too fond of
it as there are much better third party standalone and
editing/enhancement apps/plugins, and the NIK Collection's days are
numbered.

One can say that the Goof had good reasons for shutting down Nik since
the Japanese company provided software for Nikon NEF files preferred by
many qualified users to the offerings produced by their local compadres
at Adobe and thus strengthening their neighborhood economy.
--
teleportation kills
Old May 4th 17, 04:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2017-05-04 14:33:17 +0000, android said:

Savageduck wrote:

[...]

Actually NIK was an all American company based in San Diego. While NIK
provided Nikon with a RAW processing tool for NEFs, and was once very
good, today it wallows a bit.

Most of the former NIK coders and developers have moved on to places
such as MacPhun, and On1.

Savageduck

Old May 4th 17, 04:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2017-05-04 14:33:17 +0000, android said:

Savageduck wrote:

[...]

Not totally true. Maybe no japanesee in origin but neither Yankee. Form
the main wiki:

"In 1995 Nik Software (originally Nik Multimedia) was founded by Nils
Kokemohr in Hamburg. Nik Software focused on digital photography and
graphic design. The Nik Software team developed Nils Efex! and Nils Type
Efex!, these were a combination of Photoshop actions and textures.[7] In
1999 Michael J Slater joined Nik Software, Inc as CEO of the company. He
led the company from a small software developer company to a software
research and development company."

From Hamburg, Germany initially then...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nik_Software

Hamburg is also known for lending its name to horse meat...
--
teleportation kills
Old May 4th 17, 04:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2017-05-04 14:33:17 +0000, android said:

Savageduck wrote:

[...]

From Hamburg, Germany initially then...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nik_Software

Hamburg is also known for lending its name to horse meat...

That Hamburg thing didn't stay German for too long, for the meat thing,
or NIK did it?
The bottom line is, it was their San Diego incarnation which built the
software we know today, and led Google to cannibalize them.

Savageduck

Old May 4th 17, 05:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Savageduck wrote:

That Hamburg thing didn't stay German for too long, for the meat thing,

"Burger King has recently admitted that there is horse meat in their
products; after denying that there is any presence of horse meat in
their burgers."

https://www.occupycorporatism.com/ta...her-brands-usi
ng-horse-meat-in-products/
--
teleportation kills
Old May 4th 17, 05:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2017-05-04 16:05:54 +0000, android said:

Savageduck wrote:

That Hamburg thing didn't stay German for too long, for the meat thing,

"Burger King has recently admitted that there is horse meat in their
products; after denying that there is any presence of horse meat in
their burgers."

https://www.occupycorporatism.com/ta...her-brands-usi
ng-horse-meat-in-products/

You eat at Burger King, or Taco Bell?

For fast food in California, I stick with In-n-Out Burger.

Savageduck

Old May 4th 17, 05:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2017-05-04 16:05:54 +0000, android said:

Savageduck wrote:

That Hamburg thing didn't stay German for too long, for the meat thing,

"Burger King has recently admitted that there is horse meat in their
products; after denying that there is any presence of horse meat in
their burgers."

https://www.occupycorporatism.com/ta...her-brands-usi
ng-horse-meat-in-products/

You eat at Burger King, or Taco Bell?

For fast food in California, I stick with In-n-Out Burger.

Do you still have Wendy's? :-))
--
teleportation kills