Is there a single useful Apple iOS camera capability that isn't already on Android?

Old May 2nd 17, 04:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad
Jolly Roger[_2_]

Default Is there a single useful Apple iOS camera capability that isn'talready on Android?

On 2017-05-02, Tomos Davies wrote:
In , Jolly Roger suggested:

Just like he was oblivious that there are much better and more modern
ways to transfer content between devices than running a ****ing FTP
server on your mobile device - pure absurdity... : )

And how, without anything but the native software one the PC, since it
works with *every* PC in the world (linux, mac, and windows), are *you*
going to wirelessly transfer files from both the Android & iOS device to
any computer nearby without putting them on the Internet?

LOL! I've been doing exactly that for ages with iOS, dumb ass. Nothing
needs to be installed on the PC. All you need is a web browser. The fact
that you think something so simple is impossible shows just how little
you actually know about iOS. You're a ****ing useless old fart who is so
stuck in his ancient ways and so ignorant of standard abilities of iOS
you just give up (or worse, resort to installing cumbersome and insecure
FTP servers on your mobile devices just to transfer content around).
You're a joke, old man!

What's that?

You heard me.

You can't?

I can with ease to any computer running any OS, and have been for ages.
That you think I can't says it all. You know next to nothing about iOS;
your zealotry and hatred of all things Apple is irrational and priceless!

Really?

Yup. All day, every day.

You just give up?

Like you? Nope. I don't let piddly little things stop me from getting
**** done, unlike you.

Thought so.

Said the delusional ignoramus Apple-hating Android zealot troll...

JR
Old May 2nd 17, 05:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad
Jolly Roger[_2_]

On 2017-05-02, nospam wrote:
In article , Tomos Davies
wrote:

Just like he was oblivious that there are much better and more modern
ways to transfer content between devices than running a ****ing FTP
server on your mobile device - pure absurdity... : )

And how, without anything but the native software one the PC,

that's an artificial restriction, one which you violate routinely, so
you don't get to impose it.

Even *with* that restriction, I've been transferring stuff from iOS to
various PCs running various operating systems with no additional
software installed on the PCs for *years*. It's brain-dead simple and
secure - unlike the brain-dead troll's vaunted "I'll install and
configure an insecure FTP server on *each* of my mobile devices" joke of
a method. No cumbersome and insecure FTP server is needed. That he
thinks you can't *easily* do this with iOS says it all! He's a
know-nothing Apple-hating Android-zealot idiot troll. : )

works with *every* PC in the world (linux, mac, and windows), are *you*
going to wirelessly transfer files from both the Android & iOS device to
any computer nearby without putting them on the Internet?

there's this cool new technology called wifi. check it out some time.

LOL! Yup.

JR
Old May 2nd 17, 05:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad
Jolly Roger[_2_]

On 2017-05-02, Tomos Davies wrote:
In , Jolly Roger suggested:

He's a know-nothing Apple-hating Android-zealot idiot troll. : )

Notice all I speak are verifiable facts.

Repeating that lie over and over isn't fooling anyone, dumb ass. The
troll doth protest too much. You've repeatedly shown you don't have the
mental facility to distinguish fact from fiction. You constantly claim
your dimwitted opinions are "facts". Your bull**** claim that iOS users
can't transfer stuff to any PC without installing anything on the PC is
laughably false. You're nothing but an Apple-hating zealot who clearly
knows next to *nothing* about iOS; and your stupid trolls just point out
how huge a fool you really are. The world rightly laughs at idiots like
you. You're a joke, old fart. Be proud!

JR
Old May 2nd 17, 06:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad
nospam

In article , Jolly Roger
wrote:

Just like he was oblivious that there are much better and more modern
ways to transfer content between devices than running a ****ing FTP
server on your mobile device - pure absurdity... : )

And how, without anything but the native software one the PC,

that's an artificial restriction, one which you violate routinely, so
you don't get to impose it.

Even *with* that restriction, I've been transferring stuff from iOS to
various PCs running various operating systems with no additional
software installed on the PCs for *years*.

yep, i was just pointing out his hypocrisy.

It's brain-dead simple and
secure - unlike the brain-dead troll's vaunted "I'll install and
configure an insecure FTP server on *each* of my mobile devices" joke of
a method. No cumbersome and insecure FTP server is needed. That he
thinks you can't *easily* do this with iOS says it all! He's a
know-nothing Apple-hating Android-zealot idiot troll. : )

don't forget needing to set a static ip so that he can find the device.
Old May 2nd 17, 06:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad
Jolly Roger[_2_]

On 2017-05-02, nospam wrote:
In article , Jolly Roger
wrote:

[...]

"Derrr... How can I find a device on my own network without a static IP
address?" : D

JR
Old May 2nd 17, 06:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad
nospam

In article , Jolly Roger
wrote:

[...]

setting up dns is hard!

except that there's nothing to set up. ftp myandroidphone should work.
Old May 2nd 17, 06:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad
Jolly Roger[_2_]

On 2017-05-02, nospam wrote:
In article , Jolly Roger
wrote:

[...]

"Huh? BIND? What's that? I don't need to glue anything together! Named??
What are you talking about?! Who am I?" : D

JR
Old May 3rd 17, 12:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad
nospam

In article , Tomos Davies
wrote:

"Derrr... How can I find a device on my own network without a static IP
address?" : D

The difference between you and nospam is that nospam *purposefully*
misunderstood everything stated in the linux thread you speak of.

i didn't misunderstand *anything* in that thread.

several people there, including you, do not understand the difference
between a static ip and reserved dhcp (which is sometimes called static
dhcp, a possible source of confusion because of the contradictory name,
something, which i mentioned early on) and even more who did not
realize that the device name via dhcp is all that's needed, which can
be set on the device and sometimes the router, no need for reserved
dhcp at all (although that is sometimes helpful anyway).

tl;dr there's little to configuration needed, certainly not setting a
static ip.
Old May 3rd 17, 12:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad
nospam

In article , Tomos Davies
wrote:

don't forget needing to set a static ip so that he can find the device.

The record will show that the Linux people had to tell you *multiple* times
that you were dead wrong in almost everything you said.

Do you want me to prove my statements with the cites to the thread?

the question is do *you* want to make a bigger fool of yourself than
you already have.

You know I only speak verifiable facts.

it looks like that answer to that is yes.

i also know that you continue to lie.

Nospam says (clueless):
he never said what the problem is, so nobody, including you, has any
idea.

Frank Slootweg replies (correctly)
He *has* said what the problem is.
Sofar the only one having no idea is you.

all frank does is argue.

he's the one who said that it's illegal to have an unswitched 12v power
outlet in a car.

Nospam says (incorrectly):
You don't want a fixed IP address on a phone.

Carlos replies (correctly):
Not true, he does.

carlos is wrong. you don't.

a fixed ip on a phone is very bad.

Nospam says (incorrectly):
his *guess* is that a static ip is the solution without realizing all
the problems it will cause for both himself and others.

Frank Slootweg replies:
There's no 'guessing' involved. A static IP *is* the solution.

he's wrong. there is no need for a static ip, and not only is it *not*
the solution, but it *creates* many problems.

the solution is to either use reserved dhcp or better yet, let dns
handle everything.

ftp myandroidphone (or whatever name you want). done. nothing to
configure, other than deciding what to name your phone.

Nospam says (incorrectly):
You want it in DHCP so it will work anywhere.

Carlos replies (correctly):
It will work everywhere perfectly as it is.

nope. it definitely won't everywhere. he's wrong, as are you.

the moment that phone with its fixed ip associates with a network other
than your own (i.e., *any* public hotspot) problems can (and likely
will) occur because there's no guarantee that its ip won't conflict
with one that is already in use. common sense.

Nospam says (incorrectly):
he might think he does, but he doesn't.

Carlos replies (giving up on nospam's idiocy):
Your opinion noted.

translated "i don't actually understand any of this stuff, so i'll just
call it an opinion and pretend i do."

carlos refuses to learn anything. he insists that it costs money to use
google voice. it doesn't.

This goes on for days on end, where nospam is dead wrong, doesn't
understand the question, doesn't like the solution, until the Linux people
just five up on him.

except for everyone who agreed with me, including jeff lieberman, who
can configure a network while blindfolded.

his reply (which was *very* long and detailed, as his posts often are)
went into gory detail why your idea is stupid and why reserved dhcp is
the way to go.

tl;dr reserved dhcp and/or dns. *not* static ip.
Old May 3rd 17, 12:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad
nospam

In article , Tomos Davies
wrote:

You're nothing but an Apple-hating zealot who clearly
knows next to *nothing* about iOS; and your stupid trolls just point out
how huge a fool you really are. The world rightly laughs at idiots like
you. You're a joke, old fart. Be proud!

And yet, while I know nothing,

true. you do not.

I clearly know far more than you do.