Is there a single useful Apple iOS camera capability that isn't already on Android?

Old May 1st 17, 12:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad
Scott Schuckert

Default Is there a single useful Apple iOS camera capability that isn't already on Android?

In article , Tomos Davies
wrote:

How are they going to load any app launcher?
Where is the app drawer functionality on iOS?
Why can't iOS users put app icons in different folders?
Why can't they simply delete any app icon they want to?
Why can't they do something as simple as name an icon to what they want?
Where's the youtube without ads functionality on iOS?
What about bit torrenting on iOS?
Heck, why can't iOS even tell the user the unique cell tower ID anymore?
Why can't iOS give a graph of the wifi signal strength over time?
Where's the FM radio on Apple devices if the user wants one?
What about expandable storage if the user wants it?
What about a user-replaceable battery upgrade if the user wants it
(this list of what Androidd does that Apple iOS can't goes on and on).

The typical Apple user doesn't care about any of that stuff. Bit
Torrent? REALLY? I think the perceived comparison exists only in your
mind. Trust me, I worked for Apple for many years - the Apple user
cares about getting high quality funtionality simply, easily, and
elegantly. The details of the specs really don't matter. Matter of
fact, Apple products have never been about being "best" in any
technical way.

Depending on how old you are, you may remember Bang & Olufsen hi-fi
gear (they're still in business, sorta). Immaculately, elegantly
constructed, and sounded better than, oh, 80% of the rest of the
market. They weren't even slightly interested in the other 20%. You
pressed the button and quality music came out. Want to know the RMS
power output? Call the factory; otherwise it's "enough."

Steve Jobs famously used B&O; My setup from the late 70's is still
gracing my living room.
Old May 1st 17, 05:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad
nospam

In article , Tomos Davies
wrote:

Bit Torrent? REALLY?

Yes. Really. Bit torrent is just one useful functionality that iOS lacks.

nothing about ios prevents bittorrent.
Old May 1st 17, 09:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad
nospam

In article , Tomos Davies
wrote:

Yes. Really. Bit torrent is just one useful functionality that iOS lacks.

nothing about ios prevents bittorrent.

Apple is the part about iOS that prevents bit torrent apps.

no they don't
Old May 1st 17, 10:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad
nospam

In article , Tomos Davies
wrote:

Apple is the part about iOS that prevents bit torrent apps.

no they don't

As they told you when they handed you your head on the Linux newsgroups,
your contrarian opinion is duly noted.

nobody handed me anything on the linux newsgroups.

a couple of people didn't understand anything about networking and
argued anyway, much like you do.

several others agreed with what i said, including your best buddy, jeff
lieberman.

if anyone had their head handed, it was you, with your ****ed up idea
that a static ip on a phone is required to be able to ftp.
Old May 1st 17, 10:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad
Jolly Roger[_2_]

On 2017-05-01, nospam wrote:

if anyone had their head handed, it was you, with your ****ed up idea
that a static ip on a phone is required to be able to ftp.

LOL... What an idiot troll...

JR
Old May 1st 17, 10:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad
nospam

In article , Jolly Roger
wrote:

if anyone had their head handed, it was you, with your ****ed up idea
that a static ip on a phone is required to be able to ftp.

LOL... What an idiot troll...

yep. he was oblivious as to what reserved dhcp and dns are for.
Old May 2nd 17, 12:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad
Jolly Roger[_2_]

On 2017-05-01, nospam wrote:
In article , Jolly Roger
wrote:

if anyone had their head handed, it was you, with your ****ed up idea
that a static ip on a phone is required to be able to ftp.

LOL... What an idiot troll...

yep. he was oblivious as to what reserved dhcp and dns are for.

Just like he was oblivious that there are much better and more modern
ways to transfer content between devices than running a ****ing FTP
server on your mobile device - pure absurdity... : )

JR
Old May 2nd 17, 12:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad
nospam

In article , Tomos Davies
wrote:

nobody handed me anything on the linux newsgroups.

They had to say "your opinion is duly noted" so many times that even you
stopped trolling them with your nonsense.

you're lying.

as i said, jeff lieberman, who knows way more about networking than
everyone in that thread *combined*, agrees with what i said.

the simple fact is that you made a complete fool of yourself.
Old May 2nd 17, 12:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad
Jolly Roger[_2_]

On 2017-05-01, nospam wrote:
In article , Tomos Davies
wrote:

nobody handed me anything on the linux newsgroups.

They had to say "your opinion is duly noted" so many times that even you
stopped trolling them with your nonsense.

you're lying.

as i said, jeff lieberman, who knows way more about networking than
everyone in that thread *combined*, agrees with what i said.

the simple fact is that you made a complete fool of yourself.

As he does *regularly*. : )

JR
Old May 2nd 17, 04:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad
nospam

In article , Tomos Davies
wrote:

Just like he was oblivious that there are much better and more modern
ways to transfer content between devices than running a ****ing FTP
server on your mobile device - pure absurdity... : )

And how, without anything but the native software one the PC,

that's an artificial restriction, one which you violate routinely, so
you don't get to impose it.

and if you're going to insist nothing but native software on the pc,
then you can't have any third party apps on the phone either.

since it
works with *every* PC in the world (linux, mac, and windows), are *you*
going to wirelessly transfer files from both the Android & iOS device to
any computer nearby without putting them on the Internet?

there's this cool new technology called wifi. check it out some time.