For Mac Users Another Photo Editor

Old April 5th 17, 11:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default For Mac Users Another Photo Editor

It seems we have yet another entry into the Mac only offerings.
Pictoral has just released its 3.0 upgrade and it looks promising. They
have a free trial to play with.

At an initial offering of $39.99, operation as a Photos extension, and
the ability to access unconverted Aperture catalogs make this a
tempting piece of software along side the other Mac centric apps
Luminar, Pixelmator, and Affinity Photo for those not using LR CC + PS
CC.

Competition is a good thing it seems, and while not a full Photoshop
replacement, it looks as if it will do the job for many users.
https://www.picktorial.com/index#home

Savageduck

Old April 5th 17, 01:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Savageduck wrote:

It seems we have yet another entry into the Mac only offerings.
Pictoral has just released its 3.0 upgrade and it looks promising. They
have a free trial to play with.

At an initial offering of $39.99, operation as a Photos extension, and
the ability to access unconverted Aperture catalogs make this a
tempting piece of software along side the other Mac centric apps
Luminar, Pixelmator, and Affinity Photo for those not using LR CC + PS
CC.

Competition is a good thing it seems, and while not a full Photoshop
replacement, it looks as if it will do the job for many users.
https://www.picktorial.com/index#home

Seems to have lots of "Make my picture pretty quick!" functions!
--
teleportation kills
Old April 5th 17, 04:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2017-04-05 12:13:17 +0000, android said:

Savageduck wrote:

It seems we have yet another entry into the Mac only offerings.
Pictoral has just released its 3.0 upgrade and it looks promising. They
have a free trial to play with.

At an initial offering of $39.99, operation as a Photos extension, and
the ability to access unconverted Aperture catalogs make this a
tempting piece of software along side the other Mac centric apps
Luminar, Pixelmator, and Affinity Photo for those not using LR CC + PS
CC.

Competition is a good thing it seems, and while not a full Photoshop
replacement, it looks as if it will do the job for many users.
https://www.picktorial.com/index#home

Seems to have lots of "Make my picture pretty quick!" functions!

It does some of that, which is enough for many folks. However, it also
has some interesting and effective processing/adjustment tools.
https://youtu.be/0hK0SFrsHhs

Savageduck

Old April 5th 17, 04:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2017-04-05 12:13:17 +0000, android said:

Savageduck wrote:

[...]

Wont let youtube me today! Mostly scam, spam and stolen IP there
anyways. How do we kill it?
--
teleportation kills
Old April 5th 17, 04:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2017-04-05 12:13:17 +0000, android said:

Savageduck wrote:

[...]

No problem here. The problem must be with your Swedish ISP.

Savageduck

Old April 5th 17, 05:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2017-04-05 12:13:17 +0000, android said:

Savageduck wrote:

[...]

Soo you are trying to communicate that a Swedish ISP serve up another
Goog subsidiary then whatever you got would? ;-/
--
teleportation kills
Old April 5th 17, 10:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
RJH

On 05/04/2017 11:50, Savageduck wrote:
It seems we have yet another entry into the Mac only offerings. Pictoral
has just released its 3.0 upgrade and it looks promising. They have a
free trial to play with.

At an initial offering of $39.99, operation as a Photos extension, and
the ability to access unconverted Aperture catalogs make this a tempting
piece of software along side the other Mac centric apps Luminar,
Pixelmator, and Affinity Photo for those not using LR CC + PS CC.

Competition is a good thing it seems, and while not a full Photoshop
replacement, it looks as if it will do the job for many users.
https://www.picktorial.com/index#home

The Photos extension looks very polished - much better looking than
Affinity's. But having just bought Affinity, I can't justify another
editor just yet.

--
Cheers, Rob
Old April 6th 17, 12:15 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

On 2017-04-05 06:50, Savageduck wrote:
It seems we have yet another entry into the Mac only offerings. Pictoral
has just released its 3.0 upgrade and it looks promising. They have a
free trial to play with.

At an initial offering of $39.99, operation as a Photos extension, and
the ability to access unconverted Aperture catalogs make this a tempting
piece of software along side the other Mac centric apps Luminar,
Pixelmator, and Affinity Photo for those not using LR CC + PS CC.

Competition is a good thing it seems, and while not a full Photoshop
replacement, it looks as if it will do the job for many users.
https://www.picktorial.com/index#home

Thanks, I've come to the point where 95% of what I need to do to 95% of
the images can be done in raw import (resize and sharpen are the
remaining 'things'). As long as there are good .dng compatible raw
converters(importers) then I'll be happy.

I never bought Lightroom (but should have).

I sort of see the day where Adobe and I will part company for good where
it comes to photography.

--
"If war is God's way of teaching Americans geography, then
recession is His way of teaching everyone a little economics."
Old April 6th 17, 01:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2017-04-05 23:15:55 +0000, Alan Browne
said:

On 2017-04-05 06:50, Savageduck wrote:
[...]

I have researched quite a number of alternatives and I have formulated
a few opinions. I have bought some of these as they work well as
standalone editors and as LR/PS plugins, and some work well as Mac
Photos Extensions.

I find that Affinity Photo, while very powerful requires some major
changes from anything resembling a LR/PS workflow, and does not install
as plugin.
Pixelmator does a pretty good job and also installs as a Photos Extension.
Luminar is another very good one app does it all type which I think is
better than most, including Pictorial mentioned in the OP. It also
installs as a LR/PS plugin.
Then there are Exposure X2 and On1 Photo RAW 2017, both started life as
plugins, but are now very capable standalone apps.

....and I know there is always Photoshop Elements for those who want to
stick with something Adobe, I am just not that fond of PSE.

If I were to buy just one today my choice would be between Luminar and
Exposure X2, with Pixelmator in third place.

https://macphun.com/luminar
https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/photo/
http://www.pixelmator.com
https://www.alienskin.com/exposure/
https://www.on1.com/products/photo-raw/

Savageduck

Old April 6th 17, 03:15 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article , RJH
wrote:

On 05/04/2017 11:50, Savageduck wrote:
It seems we have yet another entry into the Mac only offerings. Pictoral
has just released its 3.0 upgrade and it looks promising. They have a
free trial to play with.

At an initial offering of $39.99, operation as a Photos extension, and
the ability to access unconverted Aperture catalogs make this a tempting
piece of software along side the other Mac centric apps Luminar,
Pixelmator, and Affinity Photo for those not using LR CC + PS CC.

Competition is a good thing it seems, and while not a full Photoshop
replacement, it looks as if it will do the job for many users.
https://www.picktorial.com/index#home

The Photos extension looks very polished - much better looking than
Affinity's. But having just bought Affinity, I can't justify another
editor just yet.

If you want it then you should get it now while it's half price.

"Introductory price: 39.99 USD ($69.99)"
--
teleportation kills