Upcoming ban of TOR from PostImage

Old March 30th 17, 07:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.

Default Upcoming ban of TOR from PostImage

Copy/Paste

MARCH 23, 2017 ~ DPXO

So, a piece of bad news: due to a number of incidents with TOR users
uploading really bad images (which, as you imagine, may cause
significant damage to PostImage if not dealt with) we have made the
tough decision to block all TOR traffic from PostImage.

We do realize that TOR is a great project (also, supporting and donating
to projects defending online privacy is not an alien concept to us
despite the fact that we earn the bulk of our income with
privacy-intruding ad tech like Google AdSense), and that our decision
will probably inconvenience a number of good people all over the world.
However, after we recently had a couple of close calls any of which
could develop into pretty disastrous consequences for PostImage, we’ve
come to realize that going belly up would inconvenience a lot more good
people.

The ban will not come immediately, but if you use PostImage and need TOR
support, please start making arrangements to migrate away from our
service. The extent of the ban has not been fully decided yet. At this
time, we only plan to block TOR users from uploading new images; viewing
images (including those embedded into third-party websites) will still
be possible.

https://blog.postimage.org/2017/03/2...rom-postimage/

--
"Do something wonderful, people may imitate it." (Albert Schweitzer)

Old March 30th 17, 08:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

"David B." Wrote in message:
Copy/Paste

---
TOR is probably broken in advertized intent since the Goog got
involved anyways...

This should be marked OT, BTW...
--
Bats can't tell us apart!