Orchid Shots

Old March 16th 17, 01:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Orchid Shots

This orchid has taken 2 years to bloom again and is emerging by the hour.
The first two shots are LR processed RAW, and the third is a SOOC JPEG.

X-E2 +18-55mm:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pb4uycmw1685tu4/DSF4329.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wusbkmsxl320wbx/DSF4328.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z6iiw7wvfhzbhy4/DSCF4331.jpg

Savageduck

Old March 16th 17, 01:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
charles

On Wed, 15 Mar 2017 17:27:04 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

This orchid has taken 2 years to bloom again and is emerging by the hour.
The first two shots are LR processed RAW, and the third is a SOOC JPEG.

X-E2 +18-55mm:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pb4uycmw1685tu4/DSF4329.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wusbkmsxl320wbx/DSF4328.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z6iiw7wvfhzbhy4/DSCF4331.jpg

I like the second one, the back lighting doesn't do much for that
flower. I couldn't choose which processing was better, they all. look
good to me.
Old March 16th 17, 05:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Savageduck wrote:

This orchid has taken 2 years to bloom again and is emerging by the hour.
The first two shots are LR processed RAW, and the third is a SOOC JPEG.

X-E2 +18-55mm:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pb4uycmw1685tu4/DSF4329.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wusbkmsxl320wbx/DSF4328.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z6iiw7wvfhzbhy4/DSCF4331.jpg

I prefer the third. Nice to see some of the garden. The first focuses on
the petals and the second have a dull background.

Thanks for sharing.
--
teleportation kills
Old March 17th 17, 04:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
m-m

Nice.
Once I was at the Phipps Conservatory in Pittsburgh at their orchid
garden and took these shots:

http://mhmyers.com/orchids/orchids.html

---
mhmyers.com

Old March 17th 17, 07:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2017-03-17 03:07:11 +0000, m-m said:

Nice.
Once I was at the Phipps Conservatory in Pittsburgh at their orchid
garden and took these shots:

http://mhmyers.com/orchids/orchids.html

Nice set of orchid shots. The orchid in the shots below was given to my
"stepdaughter-from-Hell" about 18 months ago. After the original
blossoms had whithered it has looked quite unproductive until about a
month ago when the buds started appearing on what had appeared to be a
woody stem.

What I know about orchid cultivation is probably dangerous, and my
stepdaughter even more so. All that was done was to maintain the weekly
watering regime as per instructions. So those buds and blossoms were
something of a pleasant surprise, and photo-worthy.

Old March 17th 17, 01:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
m-m

Nice.

Savageduck wrote:

This orchid has taken 2 years to bloom again and is emerging by the hour.
The first two shots are LR processed RAW, and the third is a SOOC JPEG.

X-E2 +18-55mm:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pb4uycmw1685tu4/DSF4329.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wusbkmsxl320wbx/DSF4328.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z6iiw7wvfhzbhy4/DSCF4331.jpg

I found that cutting off the old stems and roots that grow out of the
pot encourages new growth.

--
m-m
www.mhmyers.com
Old May 11th 17, 05:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 3/15/2017 8:27 PM, Savageduck wrote:
This orchid has taken 2 years to bloom again and is emerging by the hour.
The first two shots are LR processed RAW, and the third is a SOOC JPEG.

X-E2 +18-55mm:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pb4uycmw1685tu4/DSF4329.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wusbkmsxl320wbx/DSF4328.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z6iiw7wvfhzbhy4/DSCF4331.jpg

They are nice shots, bout there is something that bothers me about the
SOOC JPEG.

--
PeterN
Old May 11th 17, 06:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2017-05-11 16:49:02 +0000, PeterN said:

On 3/15/2017 8:27 PM, Savageduck wrote:
This orchid has taken 2 years to bloom again and is emerging by the hour.
The first two shots are LR processed RAW, and the third is a SOOC JPEG.

X-E2 +18-55mm:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pb4uycmw1685tu4/DSF4329.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wusbkmsxl320wbx/DSF4328.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z6iiw7wvfhzbhy4/DSCF4331.jpg

They are nice shots, bout there is something that bothers me about the
SOOC JPEG.

....er, OK.
Let us know when you can pin point just what it is that bothers you
about that photo.

Savageduck

Old May 11th 17, 06:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 2017-05-11 16:49:02 +0000, PeterN said:

On 3/15/2017 8:27 PM, Savageduck wrote:
This orchid has taken 2 years to bloom again and is emerging by the
hour.
The first two shots are LR processed RAW, and the third is a SOOC JPEG.

X-E2 +18-55mm:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pb4uycmw1685tu4/DSF4329.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wusbkmsxl320wbx/DSF4328.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z6iiw7wvfhzbhy4/DSCF4331.jpg

They are nice shots, bout there is something that bothers me about the
SOOC JPEG.

...er, OK.
Let us know when you can pin point just what it is that bothers you
about that photo.

The white areas in the background keep drawing my eye away from the
flower. The empty branch contributes nothing to the image, and
diminishes the importance of the subject. Sorry Duck, it just doesn't
look like a clean image that I would want to hang on my wall.

--
PeterN
Old May 11th 17, 06:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2017-05-11 16:49:02 +0000, PeterN said:

On 3/15/2017 8:27 PM, Savageduck wrote:
This orchid has taken 2 years to bloom again and is emerging by the
hour.
The first two shots are LR processed RAW, and the third is a SOOC JPEG.

X-E2 +18-55mm:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pb4uycmw1685tu4/DSF4329.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wusbkmsxl320wbx/DSF4328.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z6iiw7wvfhzbhy4/DSCF4331.jpg

They are nice shots, bout there is something that bothers me about the
SOOC JPEG.

...er, OK.
Let us know when you can pin point just what it is that bothers you
about that photo.

The white areas in the background keep drawing my eye away from the flower.

OK. However, with the background OoF that shouldnt be an issue.

The empty branch contributes nothing to the image, and diminishes the
importance of the subject.

What empty branch?
There is only the stem with the blossom and buds.

Sorry Duck, it just doesn't look like a clean image that I would want
to hang on my wall.

That's OK. I was just documenting the emerging blossoms. It was never
intended to be "wall worthy" fine art.

Savageduck