X-T2 Review for those who might care

Old March 10th 17, 02:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

Default X-T2 Review for those who might care

https://photographylife.com/reviews/fuji-x-t2/

Savageduck

Old March 10th 17, 05:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
android

Savageduck wrote:

https://photographylife.com/reviews/fuji-x-t2/

I think that the new Fuji crops seems to be very nice cameras but I
would hesitate not to have access to a bigger sensor too... The EOS M
and 1D2 makes a nice system for me and they complement each other fine.
But never say never and I do understand the attraction of Fuji for Nikon
shooters!
--
teleportation kills
Old March 10th 17, 07:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
RichA wrote:

On Thursday, 9 March 2017 21:21:10 UTC-5, Savageduck wrote:
https://photographylife.com/reviews/fuji-x-t2/

Savageduck

Is the Fuji sensitive to IR? I noticed some pink on the sunlit slopes in the
mountain shot.

You can check that with a telly remote. Put the camera on bulb in a dark
room and try to switch channels!
--
teleportation kills
Old March 10th 17, 10:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2017-03-10 07:25:37 +0000, RichA said:

On Thursday, 9 March 2017 21:21:10 UTC-5, Savageduck wrote:
https://photographylife.com/reviews/fuji-x-t2/

Savageduck

Is the Fuji sensitive to IR? I noticed some pink on the sunlit slopes
in the mountain shot.

I believe in this case operator error applies, both in familiarity with
the camera and in
post processing.

Note: In the narrative he says the following:
"Although I started out shooting in Lossless Compressed RAW, I later
found out that some
software such as Capture One have issues with the compressed RAW files,
so I eventually
switched to Uncompressed RAW. The files obviously got larger in size,
but I did not want
to lose the flexibility to edit my images with different software."

Then in the discussion there is this Q&A exchange:
Q: "I’m interested in finding out a bit more about how the colours of
the Fuji Xt-2 JPEG
files compare with the RAW files. For the photos you’ve posted, have
they all been
post-processed from RAW or are some of them straight out of the camera JPEGs?

You mention in your article that uncompressed RAW files work better
with Capture One.
Which post-processing software would you recommend when processing Fuji
Xt-2 RAW files?
How does Adobe LR compare with Capture One when processing Fuji Xt-2
RAW files?"

A: "I never shoot JPEG, even though Fuji has lovely rendering of JPEG
images. So every
single image in this review has been post-processed from RAW files. You
never want to
compare how colors look on JPEG compared to RAW, since RAW allows you
to create any color
of your choice. Think of RAW not having color at all – it is you who
creates it via white
balance and other adjustments. Even when you just import an image into
post-processing
software, the very first time the image loads, is software baking its
own preferred colors
into the RAW image. In most cases, you are looking at a JPEG image that
was converted from
the RAW file."

So it seems the answer to your observation and question is; "every
single image in this
review has been post-processed from RAW files." Which means there has
been a hand other than the camera at work.

The other thing to be aware of is, Fujifilm has the X-T1 IR for
forensic work, and only
available to law enforcement and military in the USA.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1174988-REG/fujifilm_x_t1_ir_mirrorless_digital.html

So

far there has been no talk of an "X-T2 IR", they are selling all the
X-T2's they can
build. Mine is still on backorder.

Savageduck

Old March 10th 17, 09:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article 2017030918210176241-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom, Savageduck
says...

https://photographylife.com/reviews/fuji-x-t2/

I've nothing against the Fuji X-T2. It was on my short list. Then I
ended up buying the Oly E-1 II because of the IBIS and that great 12-100
lens.
By the way, Fuji could make bigger grips for their camera. Very useful
if you attach big or heavy lenses.
--
Alfred Molon

Old March 11th 17, 01:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
newshound

On 3/10/2017 9:17 PM, Alfred Molon wrote:
In article 2017030918210176241-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom, Savageduck
says...

https://photographylife.com/reviews/fuji-x-t2/

I've nothing against the Fuji X-T2. It was on my short list. Then I
ended up buying the Oly E-1 II because of the IBIS and that great 12-100
lens.
By the way, Fuji could make bigger grips for their camera. Very useful
if you attach big or heavy lenses.

Yes I have a grip for the X-E1. Not the official one, just a Chinese
clone at a fraction of the price. Very well made (includes rails for the
tripod clamp thing). It comes off if I'm only using the small prime.
Old March 13th 17, 11:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2017-03-13 11:35:29 +0000, android said:

Savageduck Wrote in message:

So far there has been no talk of an "X-T2 IR", they are selling all the
X-T2's they can
build. Mine is still on backorder.

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/3...313_122613.jpg

Regards, or something... ;-ppp

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1263381-REG/fujifilm_x_t2_mirrorless_digital_camera.html

Savageduck

Old March 14th 17, 05:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,

On 2017-03-13 11:35:29 +0000, android said:

Savageduck Wrote in message:

So far there has been no talk of an "X-T2 IR", they are selling all the
X-T2's they can
build. Mine is still on backorder.

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/3...313_122613.jpg

Regards, or something... ;-ppp

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ..._t2_mirrorless
_digital_camera.html

Savageduck

For a short time at Christmas, Henry's in Toronto were selling the X-T1 for
$1000 or $750 U.S.

The XT1 can be had for good prices now, comparable to the XT20 but that
wont last. Pixels or durability? If you got the dough than the XT2 will
give you both. I'm not out shopping for a new camera today though...
--
teleportation kills
Old April 9th 17, 04:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2017-03-10 07:25:37 +0000, RichA said:

[...]

A: "I never shoot JPEG, even though Fuji has lovely rendering of JPEG
[...]

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/3...SX_20170313_12
2613.jpg

Regards, or something... ;-ppp