Real photos of Highway 17 and Skyline in the Santa Cruz Mountains this week

Old February 12th 17, 08:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default Real photos of Highway 17 and Skyline in the Santa Cruz Mountains this week

On 2017-02-12 20:03:33 +0000, Savageduck

On 2017-02-12 19:42:26 +0000, said:

On Sun, 12 Feb 2017 18:27:18 +0000 (UTC), Stijn De Jong
wrote:

These are real photos taken this very week of what's going on in the
mountains where Jeff Liebermann lives due to the Pineapple Express
dropping
unheard of rain in California (drought my ass!).

Highway 17 landslide turns car over, blocks both lanes, and cleanup
crew
killed.
http://i.cubeupload.com/VD5wTr.jpg

Hole in Skyline along the crest of the mountain ridge above the San
Andreas
Fault opened up this week.
http://i.cubeupload.com/Q9zsF5.jpg

Why people in vans even think to attempt a crossing is beyond me.
http://i.cubeupload.com/HPg6Xo.jpg

No middle ground there? Flood or drought, it seems.

Add earthquake, fire, and landslides.

No hurricanes?

In California we only have a loose relationship with hurricanes. They
touch us occasionally with glacing blows with Mexico usually getting
the worst of the Pacific tropical storms and hurricanes.

...er, glancing blows.

Like we end up with the rain that England can't take then... ;-/
--
teleportation kills
Old February 12th 17, 08:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , android
wrote:

No middle ground there? Flood or drought, it seems.

Add earthquake, fire, and landslides.

No hurricanes?

in california, anything worse than a light drizzle is considered to be
a hurricane forcing people to run for cover.
Old February 12th 17, 08:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,

On 2017-02-12 20:03:33 +0000, Savageduck

wrote:

[...]

Visual aid to clarify:

http://gfx.klart.se/eltiempo/datamap...n-201702121800.
gif

I live just a few pixels to the left of the lover part left leg of upper
the blue H...
--
teleportation kills
Old February 12th 17, 08:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2017-02-12 20:20:44 +0000, nospam said:

In article , android
wrote:

No middle ground there? Flood or drought, it seems.

Add earthquake, fire, and landslides.

No hurricanes?

in california, anything worse than a light drizzle is considered to be
a hurricane forcing people to run for cover.

Eastern myth.
Regardless of song ("It Never Rains in Southern California") and myth
we get rain, blizzards and violent storms. It is just that we have been
short of seasonal rain where it counts for the last 5 years. Not too
much in Death Valley.

Savageduck

Old February 12th 17, 08:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2017-02-12 20:24:09 +0000, android said:

In article ,

On 2017-02-12 20:03:33 +0000, Savageduck

http://gfx.klart.se/eltiempo/datamaps/klart_lufttryck_regn-201702121800.gif

I live just a few pixels to the left of the lover part left leg of upper
the blue H...

You have a blue "H" on the lover part of your left leg?
I hope you can get medication for that.

Savageduck

Old February 12th 17, 09:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2017-02-12 20:24:09 +0000, android said:

In article ,

On 2017-02-12 20:03:33 +0000, Savageduck

http://gfx.klart.se/eltiempo/datamap...1702121800.gif

I live just a few pixels to the left of the lover part left leg of upper
the blue H...

You have a blue "H" on the lover part of your left leg?
I hope you can get medication for that.

Sure... Let me rephrase that: "I live just a few pixels to the left of
the lover part of the left leg of upper the blue H..." On the the map of
course!
--
teleportation kills
Old February 12th 17, 09:02 PM posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 2/12/2017 1:27 PM, Stijn De Jong wrote:
These are real photos taken this very week of what's going on in the
mountains where Jeff Liebermann lives due to the Pineapple Express dropping
unheard of rain in California (drought my ass!).

Highway 17 landslide turns car over, blocks both lanes, and cleanup crew
killed. http://i.cubeupload.com/VD5wTr.jpg

Hole in Skyline along the crest of the mountain ridge above the San Andreas
Fault opened up this week.
http://i.cubeupload.com/Q9zsF5.jpg

Why people in vans even think to attempt a crossing is beyond me.
http://i.cubeupload.com/HPg6Xo.jpg

Thank you for posting.

Note to the Duck: IMHO the posted images are examples of images that
should not be altered in any manner, except possibly some very mild
sharpening.

--
PeterN
Old February 12th 17, 09:03 PM posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 2/12/2017 1:32 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , Stijn De Jong
wrote:

Why people in vans even think to attempt a crossing is beyond me.
http://i.cubeupload.com/HPg6Xo.jpg

i doubt he was attempting to cross it. more likely he was not paying
any attention and only realized it when it was too late.

--
PeterN
Old February 12th 17, 09:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

wrote:

These are real photos taken this very week of what's going on in the
mountains where Jeff Liebermann lives due to the Pineapple Express
dropping
unheard of rain in California (drought my ass!).

Highway 17 landslide turns car over, blocks both lanes, and cleanup crew
killed.
http://i.cubeupload.com/VD5wTr.jpg

Hole in Skyline along the crest of the mountain ridge above the San
Andreas
Fault opened up this week.
http://i.cubeupload.com/Q9zsF5.jpg

Why people in vans even think to attempt a crossing is beyond me.
http://i.cubeupload.com/HPg6Xo.jpg

No middle ground there? Flood or drought, it seems.

Add earthquake, fire, and landslides.

Three of the reasons my wife would not consider a move there. Although
she hate cold weather, she would sooner put up with an occasional snow in.

--
PeterN
Old February 12th 17, 09:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article 201702121236396249-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom, Savageduck
wrote:

No middle ground there? Flood or drought, it seems.

Add earthquake, fire, and landslides.

No hurricanes?

in california, anything worse than a light drizzle is considered to be
a hurricane forcing people to run for cover.

Eastern myth.

not at all. it's actual experience.

a little bit of rain and people there start freaking out. i could tell
what the weather was from traffic reports due to all of the collisions.
lots of collisions and it's raining. few and it's sunny.

if there's lightning or thunder, people stand in amazement just to
watch it. traffic might even come to a standstill.

Regardless of song ("It Never Rains in Southern California") and myth
we get rain, blizzards and violent storms. It is just that we have been
short of seasonal rain where it counts for the last 5 years. Not too
much in Death Valley.

up in the mountains, sure, but few people live there.

in the areas where people actually live, namely the los angeles basin
and san francisco bay area, a little drizzle and all hell breaks loose.
it's actually a bit entertaining. just stay the hell off the roads.