My three biggest camera mistakes

Old May 14th 14, 01:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Robert Coe

Default My three biggest camera mistakes

On Mon, 12 May 2014 07:04:02 -0400, PeterN
wrote:
: On 5/11/2014 9:08 AM, philo wrote:
:
:
:
: * a kid is anyone under 50
:
: 65

75. And even that doesn't make me a kid. :^|

Bob
Old May 14th 14, 01:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Robert Coe
wrote:

: : Well, it did not sell so it looks like I will still have it as a backup
: : camera, eBay automatically re-listed it and since there is no charge
: : for the listing I might as well try one more time.
:
: You'd think someone would want a used 50D. It's a good camera and hasn't
: gone totally obsolete yet.
:
: its initial price was too high.

Maybe in retrospect, but I didn't think so at the time. But I did end up
buying a lens a didn't need in order to get it a few weeks sooner. :^(

i was talking about his ebay auction, not what you bought.

any ebay item that does not sell has an initial price that's too high.
that's how ebay works.

on the flip side, if an item is priced too low and with a buy it now,
it sells very quickly, sometimes in less than one minute of posting
(i've seen some at under 30 seconds).
Old May 14th 14, 03:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

: : Well, it did not sell so it looks like I will still have it as a backup
: : camera, eBay automatically re-listed it and since there is no charge
: : for the listing I might as well try one more time.
:
: You'd think someone would want a used 50D. It's a good camera and
: hasn't gone totally obsolete yet.
:
: its initial price was too high.

Maybe in retrospect, but I didn't think so at the time. But I did end up
buying a lens a didn't need in order to get it a few weeks sooner. :^(

i was talking about his ebay auction, not what you bought.

any ebay item that does not sell has an initial price that's too high.

Not necessarily. The price is too high for the bidders who find the
listing. Re-listing the item at the same price may result in a sale.

and it might not.

if it was priced lower it wouldn't need a second try.

not only that, but high initial bidding prices usually end up with
lower final sale prices.
Old May 14th 14, 03:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_4_]

On 5/13/2014 10:27 PM, nospam wrote:

not only that, but high initial bidding prices usually end up with
lower final sale prices.

Huh!
That statement needs some explanation.

--
PeterN

Old May 14th 14, 04:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

any ebay item that does not sell has an initial price that's too high.

Not necessarily. The price is too high for the bidders who find the
listing. Re-listing the item at the same price may result in a sale.

and it might not.

if it was priced lower it wouldn't need a second try.

not only that, but high initial bidding prices usually end up with
lower final sale prices.

Is there any subject in which you are not an expert? Or claim to be?

not even a good diversion.
Old May 14th 14, 03:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PAS

"nospam" wrote in message
In article, PeterN wrote:

not only that, but high initial bidding prices usually end up with
lower final sale prices.

Huh!
That statement needs some explanation.

no it doesn't.

Yes it does, unless you either cannot explain it or won't admit to making a
mistake b saying it in the first place. The highest bid wins, how does the
sale price get lower than the highest bid?

Old May 14th 14, 05:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PAS
wrote:

not only that, but high initial bidding prices usually end up with
lower final sale prices.

Huh!
That statement needs some explanation.

no it doesn't.

Yes it does, unless you either cannot explain it or won't admit to making a
mistake b saying it in the first place. The highest bid wins, how does the
sale price get lower than the highest bid?

i didn't say the sale price is lower than the highest bid.

read what i wrote, or better yet, learn about the psychology of bidding.
Old May 14th 14, 08:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PAS

"nospam" wrote in message
In article , PAS
wrote:

not only that, but high initial bidding prices usually end up with
lower final sale prices.

Huh!
That statement needs some explanation.

no it doesn't.

Yes it does, unless you either cannot explain it or won't admit to making
mistake b saying it in the first place. The highest bid wins, how does
the
sale price get lower than the highest bid?

i didn't say the sale price is lower than the highest bid.

read what i wrote, or better yet, learn about the psychology of bidding.

I think you need to read what you wrote.

Old May 14th 14, 09:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PAS
wrote:

not only that, but high initial bidding prices usually end up with
lower final sale prices.

Huh!
That statement needs some explanation.

no it doesn't.

Yes it does, unless you either cannot explain it or won't admit to making
a mistake b saying it in the first place. The highest bid wins, how does
the sale price get lower than the highest bid?

i didn't say the sale price is lower than the highest bid.

read what i wrote, or better yet, learn about the psychology of bidding.

I think you need to read what you wrote.

i know what i wrote. you need to read it again.

the goal for any ebay user is to maximize selling prices and minimize
buying prices.

i don't know what part confuses you. what i wrote is very clear to
accomplish the former.